Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#961   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-21, 13:36

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I am HAVING A BLAST!!!!!!!- well the Myer lemon infused vodka and topped off with lime and sparking water might be part of it!
But seriously I have set up my patio as a fun haven and using the trick TRIG gave me. I was miserable sitting out here. The air doesn't move and you sweat and just get eaten alive.
THEN........ PICTURE IT......... Home Depot and the FAN section. Oh ya....... Got 2 HEAVEY DUTY - but small and powerful and light weight fans blowing 2 different directions.
First time to be able to sit out here in 90 degree heat and 93% humidity and I am comfortable and the pup is comfy and NO SKEETERS biting the crap out of me! HAT NOD to TRIG!!!!! -
These are not just box fans- no they MOVE air and circulate. Seriously I am so comfortable - like a new room out here. I got my wicker furniture, adult beverage- rock and roll on board and so happy to just CHILL!

NIC- SOOOOOO sorry about Step dad- urghhhhh that just sounds painful and awful on every level. Dang! Sending good vibes all good!
Sauvignon blanc great choice for summer! Low carbs and just great. I have switched to that as well for summer. Red is too heavy right now. Looking for ways to lighten up .

Sounds like life is truly so good right now for you!!!!!!! Enjoy!
Hey are those bugs gone? Are you enjoying your pool?

Trig- Your Hillbillies post is cracking me up! Hey man we are all there at sometime right?????? life happens to the best of us!
So glad you sound so happy and having a blast, sans the boating accident. - so sad. Not knowing what happened people can get stupid. I wish the best outcome for them!
Are you coming back Tue?

Yum on that AWESOME food you are making! Hold strong girl!!!!!!!

Lori-
- WHOOT on 15 bucks and a TITLE ! You go girl!!!!! Take out that can of WOOP ASS on the course!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHE

I am sure you will find something to fix hubby!!!!

How is sis and Betty doing these days?
-------------------------------------------------
I am just ENJOYING- TOO long since I have had a happiness weekend. I sat in grief way too long over Bella. I still miss her immensely. I didn't think it was possible to love another dog.

I am truly both an extrovert and an introvert. but at the end of the day I love to cuddle up to pup. This new little guy didn't fill the hole in my heart- but instead wrapped around my heart in his giant paws and baby kisses every night and morning. He is such a good boy! I am blessed to have him.
I am an animal person- some people are not. My kids don't get my attachment to animals.

What I will NOT be is the 90 year lady with 100 cats/or dogs...... Just one is good.

Keeping the 10 gone and would LOVE to be under that 200 mark by Sept. That is a super huge goal of mine! Would love to see you all THINNER than last time. Just saying is it cool to have a vacay to look forward too!!!!!! We are going to have a BLAST!!!!!

Going to beach tomorrow. Hanging in today. Spent this morning going to grocery- and going to "do" my hair this evening after the pool. Going to hit up pool.

Have chicken chicken I am not a fan of- but I thought I would try it grilled up and add a stir fry pack. Or just grill if and call it a day. I am so not hungry. HOT TEMPS steal the appetite. Want light foods. I dunno.... might just whip up tuna.

I made a menu for the week!
I have RIBS
Steak
Tuna steak
and Salmon
Left over day......... Also picked up Angus beef tips for stew ....... OMG yum........

Tomorrow is ribs.........

The movie last night was GREAT- Tomorrow Wars. But the aliens were gruesome! HAHAHAHAHAH- I thought it funny. It was a cross between Aliens and Independence Day with a time flipping element.

Anyway - I have drained my "beverage" may need to refresh it! HAHAH- Keys are hung up and I am in anyway!!!!!! Walk to pool.

Have a good one all!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #962   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-21, 06:35

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

happy 4th

I hope ya'll enjoy your day guys!!!!!
be good WINK WINK

gonna go boogie boarding in a bit....hope waves ain't nasty, getting too old for nasty waves HA

and yes I got a rum drink in hand....early AM...oh boy is my butt on vacay

won't eat much today....the drinking a bit has bloated me up and the ribs last night were delish.....but right now I AM SO OVER food I want none.

got some steaks for later.....I am sure I will hound one down

sun so far.....got some hurricane leftover weather apparently coming...hmm....

all good and chat up later
  #963   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-21, 06:46

BF:

I can't be FIRST poster today! Oh wait- Lori is on the course already!

Today is pool day - all day and ribs. I thought about getting in a beach day but today will be wall to wall traffic and packed out! Tomorrow will actually be a lighter day I might be able to slip in a beach few hours.
The dilemma is time with a new puppy. 4 hours is about what he can handle so I read. That would be uncrated in a blocked off area.

I was ready that at 6 months or so they can handle a bit more and so on as they get older. He still CRIES when I go to the grocery.

I signed up for puppy obedience classes that start in 2 weeks. I think it is a good idea for several reasons. Socially for him he is afraid of other people and other dogs.
Second- he needs to stop jumping on me and looking at me as a walking chew toy.

I did read however that the breed of Shepards love to "mouth" their owners- like sloppy kisses. urghhhhhh ick..... He loves to stick his entire mouth on my hand and just keep it there. No biting- just hold it there. It is sorta gross and sweet at the same time.

HOT HOT HOT here and 93% humidly seriously- I feel like AQUA WOMAN- because I am breathing in liquid air. sitting here with my new fan and it really helps.

RIBS and RIBS and RIBS today! Got my a slab ready to go low and slow in oven for 4-5 hours with a rub I make. I do not use sugar. Mine in pretty basic.
Salt, pepper, Smoked paprika, GARLIC and more garlic, onion powder, PINCH cayenne pepper and a touch of parsley flake to make it pretty. It does not need a sauce when it comes out. Ready to go!
I do add red hot if wanted.

Ok- gotta plug in this computer before I lose this post.

Back at ya later
  #964   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-21, 06:49

BF:

THERE you are TRIG!!!!!!! YAY on being on ISLAND TIME- You go and sip away and then sleep it off on the beach, rinse repeat !!! That is vacay!
Good Food, good weather, good drinks, good sand and water and of course great company!
Bottoms up!
  #965   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-21, 07:47

BF:

yea kid is out of clothes and I have my portable washer but wasn't going to all that work today so I hand washed a few items....kill me...the kid, throws everything off cause she way underpacked for 2 wks but I got it done.

Jazz, your ribs sound wonderful!!! I know you are gonna hound them down big time and I HOPE RUGAR is on a carnivore diet...think like Fresh Pet food in the store....fresh pet is MORE meat than anything else....get him started real good. No dog needs grain/corn kibble ever cause my muttly is off all that, meat only for him and I do buy the fresh pet, he loves it!!!

enjoy your day and it sounds like you got a great one going like me....waiting for others to check in
  #966   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-21, 11:02

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Yay for winning some money! More money to put toward post-golf beer!

Jaz- Love that you are enjoying your patio with the fans. We have our gazebo outfitted with two fans as well, and also get our yard sprayed for mosquitos so we can really enjoy it 3 seasons out of 4.

The wine- I don't usually drink it but I did remember you got Kim Crawford last time and I liked it, so I bought that. And liked it again!

Dog grief- I hear you. I still get sadness when I think about Gracie and we lost her a long time ago now- over five years at least. I think obedience class is a really good idea- always good for puppies and their owners!

GO YOU on a goal for under 200 come September. You can do it and Ruger will help!

Trig- Enjoy your boogie boarding self! Did you find any treasures in the sand on this trip? When do you head back home?

••••••••

All is well here. I have the menu planned and ready for dinner for the 6 of us. We are having grilled balsamic chicken quarters, fresh corn on the cob, and a salad bar for dinner. Dessert will be angel food cake, ice cream and fruit for everyone else, and I will have fruit or a decaf if I decide I want something.

We may do a little playtime in the pool with the volley ball net up, or maybe not. We'll see. Possible showers/storm in the evening.

So I don't know about you all but I tend to be a "time chunker"- I worry about each event as it comes. Right now the chunk is the holiday. After today, I will get the house ready and menus planned for company to come- that chunk will go through until early Tuesday of NEXT week. Then I will chunk getting DS22 ready and delivered for NYC- that is July 17-19. Come back and the next chunk is heading to the beach with DH. And so on!

My Mom's husband made it through his surgery well, which is great for an 88 year old man. Hopefully his recovery goes well. I'll write more as I know more.

Okay, I'm off to the shower!
  #967   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-21, 15:06

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hey!

Back home and pooped from a beautiful day on the golf course. Perfect weather and ok play. We were a 4-some today with a young couple who we have played with before. We always have a good time with them.

DH went to a picnic at our neighbor's cabin about 40 minutes from here. I had no desire to go, and am glad he went and I'm sure he's enjoying it. He called me a bit ago. He's always good about checking in.

Back to the course tomorrow morning......round and round I go!

-------

Jaz.....Great idea to go to puppy classes. My niece had a terrible time with her Labradoodle biting at her. She could not turn her back as the dog would nip her in the behind! She used to get dressed for work and before she could get out the door the dog would have holes torn in her good clothes. That was a couple years ago and I guess all is better now. Anyway, the classes will be good for both of you.

Trig.....Sounds like you're enjoying your vacation to the max.....well, except for the necessary laundry. Some things you just gotta do!

Nic...Enjoy your family time. Happy to hear your Mom's husband came thru the surgery ok. Yes, at 88, it's a much greater risk.

------------

I did a load of laundry and am just enjoying some downtime before DH gets home. I ate a bite up at the club so won't have to fuss with any dinner around here.

Happy 4th everyone!
  #968   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-21, 04:44

BF:

Good Morning!

A little under an hour until I have to get ready to head back to the golf course. It looks like another gorgeous day....sunny & hot.

Sure hope they get this road paved this week. I'm sick of detouring and not getting mail delivery. I'll stop by the post office tomorrow and pick up what's there on my way to get my hair cut/colored. PITA

Nothing new here since my post last night. Hope you all have a great holiday Monday!
  #969   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-21, 06:06

BF:

Lori cool your DH does stuff alone like that, my hubby would go alone too....and nothing like being home alone LOL

cool ya won some golf money! fund your beers you need on the course

enjoy your day with your sun, we got sun too!!

Nicco, I SO UNDERSTAND, I swear we got the same personality traits!
I also 'box in events' and times and put chunks of time on them and I need it in 'a box' for control.....sometimes my let it go theory can't come into play ya know and I have to do just like you do....I plan my life in chunks too HAHA

yea 88 and surgery is scary...heck Barb's MIL at 97 had intestine surgery too and she did fine LOL So I am sending prayers for good recovery to you guys!!!

hey Jazz, I know you are having a good time!!

----------so neighbor rv got coon'd last night. cereal all over the ground, crackers all over, then doritos all over and bags/boxes chewed. Monster racoon here that we saw and yea he hissed at us when we saw him at our camper....he means business, no one is taking on this big fat racoon, too many carbs! poor thing, he truly is literally fat as a fritter....but look at what he eats word to us right.....lay off the carbs

so far good sun today I think
hubby out surf fish at 5am
just chillin' my morn

got steak and ? for tonight but I know they are gonna wanna drag me out to eat again soon.....too much money spent on eating out....wow costs are higher now and touristy area you pay big.....just let me eat at the rv please HAHA

chat up later, I got beach crap to do LOL
water is warm and boogie boarding is fine too....I just love jumping waves
  #970   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-21, 06:38

BF:

Good Morning and Post 4th! Today is a day off for me. It FEELS like a Sunday! Boy do those 3 day weekends FLY FLY FLY by!

NIC- I tend to be a "chunk thinker/what if too". But I also am at the age of thinking about long term - things that truly could change but can be worrisome.....ie Will I stay healthy, will I have enough$$$ to retire, will the kids be happy, will the world be safe for my kids..... Things I have almost no control over. Some I do, some I don't.

It sounds like you have a busy next couple weeks ahead! What beach did you and hubby decide on? Are you going back to that condo you rented before?

Glad to hear your mom's husband came out of surgery ok. Is he going to rehab? That sounds absolutely painful.

Yum on the dinner!!!!!!!!! What do you put on your "salad" bar? You know when I was a kid- salad bar meant = Potato salad, macaroni salad and a leaf of iceberg to be "healthy". Man I could PILE up that plate!

TRIG- Another day in paradise! Going to be just beautiful. I also think you will be getting home just as that tropical low hits you on Thurs morning. Are you suppose to get any of that?

We are supposed to get 40-50 mile sustained winds for several hours with soaking rain Wed. night. I will pull the patio chairs in the corner and that will be that.
I will inform my boss just in the event I wake up with no power.

HA on the hand washing- I would have tossed in in the washer anyway. You can ALWAYS FIND something to wash!

Lori- Enjoy your last day on course for a few???? Or do you have one more day yet? Does your hubby ever come and watch you play?
Awesome on not having to cook that big 4th meal! Smaller is better!
Make some good beer money today! HAHAHAHAH

OMG that story you told about the dog jumping, and biting holes in the clothes would send me over the edge. Rugar did that a few days ago. He jump on me and ripped up my favorite tank shirt and I was SO SO pisst. IE....... we are taking obedience classes. I just can't deal with that.
-------------------------------------------------
I had every intention of pool time yesterday. Every time I have gone it has been great. So I scoped it out first and there was some sort of pool party for the 20/30 somethings and not a chair to be had. I said FORGET IT. It was PACKED.
Nobody my age there either. - Everyone heavy drinking, loud ass rap, and a ton of gals in bikinis that should not have been! It was truly just ....... well....... NO THANK YOU......
All the chairs taken and the pool was wall to wall people- dancing and dumb in the water. God know what they were DOING in that water!

OK- I know I am sounding old here. But
1. RAP is not music
2. I am not into wall to wall loud 20/30 year old frat parties in the pool.

So I came back here and turned on REAL ROCK and ROLL and chilled on the patio and took the pup for a walk. Then watched a movie. Play on the internet a bit.

I plugged in "meet up groups" to see if there are any walking groups in my area. There isn't. Or card players... there isn't..... or single get togethers 40+........ there isn't. Pooler is a VERY NEW city and a very YOUNG city. Most people here head to downtown Savannah for night life. That is fine except I would need a driver and downtown Savannah ALONE not a great choice.

Now during the day- yeah.... all good. Speaking of. I am thinking about taking this little one on his first park outing today. See how he does. He isn't doing well around other people. He wants to JUMP on them. I have to curl my finger in his collar to keep him DOWN.
HE IS going to have to learn. I will stick his butt in dog military boot camp if his doesn't start "getting it".

Left over ribs today. I am up a pound? Maybe because I sure hovered a wad of them yesterday! It was SO good too!

Speaking of food- did you all see the Tyson recall on Chicken- just FYI???????

OK- gotta go and plan what I am doing today. Want to do something before it gets beastly hot.
  #971   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-21, 06:45

BF:

Jazz, I read you got the 'good fans' and yes if they are positioned right they make a world of difference on your patio!! I use them under my awning and it is night and day so super cool you got that fixed to work great for you

hey your pup is fine, with age will come less jumping and excitement with life.....as it happens with all of us HAHA but yea, you do need some training on him, but it is super great you are making him a big public out in life good dog to be around everything, that is what works, good dog, everywhere....and you will get it

yea monster pool young parties ain't me either anymore and you want people in 'tiny bathing suits' that shouldn't be...including guy speedos then come to the beach HAHA what a sight on the eyes LOL but nowadays, no one cares, they just put it out there and I guess we are told we can't judge, but come on, we gonna judge, who won't in this life LOL
  #972   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-21, 09:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- How annoying about the pool. I guess with the holidays it isn't all that surprising. I hope Pooler isn't like that for most summer weekends though.

Two hints on Rugar's jumping, which is normal of course for a puppy- 1) Turn your back to him when he jumps and don't respond to him, when he stops, praise him. Or throw up a knee and let him bounce off of it while saying OFF! firmly. When our puppies would chew on us, we would hold their mouths (while open) firmly and say NO MOUTH. Both behaviors extinguished within about a week. Just something to try while you are waiting for the classes to start.

I see several groups you could investigate on here: https://www.meetup.com/find/?locati...r&source=GROUPS

Trig- When do you come home? I don't think I realized you were vacationing for two whole weeks. That is magnificent!!

We are so alike in so many ways, Trig! Our pragmatic sides for sure. I do plan ahead as well, Jaz, with meal planning and vacations and retirement money etc but I'm just talking about chunking "events" so I don't get overwhelmed and I can just tick off what needs to be done one by one.

Hahaha I had no idea what coon'd meant so I'm glad you went on to describe it. Much better than bear'd! lol

Lori- Have fun golfing! Not getting mail would drive me nuts so I hear ya! The heat is coming blazing for us this week.

••••••••••••

Jaz your pool on the 4th weekend and my pool at the Y today are completely opposite! LOL I was happily jumping along and exercising with the blue hairs. So much fun! DD was off work and joined me - she was surprised at what a good workout it actually was. CHECK OUT YOUR Y!

So I'm thinking my summer workout schedule will be the Y on M,W,F for water fitness. I can do pickleball on Thursday and Sunday. The other two days I may or may not take a walk or something. And of course, things will come up but still, I think that is a very livable and fun schedule.

Not much else going on today. I need to go to the store and Costco but not today. I'll do a little cleaning, a little reading, just a chill day.
  #973   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-21, 12:08

BF:

NIC- Shocking Shocking- I pulled up MEET-ups too and found 2 groups. You have a store house! I see two I am already interested in! YAY you!!!!!!!!

Pool news- no not every weekend is like that! From what I hear just the "holidays". I peered today and it's empty.

Yay on the Costco run! They are building a Costco here across the street. It will be done about the time my lease is up next year! HAHA- They will jack the rent too I would think! All good.
I looked at the Y- it is EXPENSIVE! 60 bucks a month. I don't know if I would use it that much.

I am thinking about it. Thankfully the pool is not like that most of the time or I most likely would have gone somewhere else. Pools are important to me. They also MUST be clean

Trig- - yup- chillin here with my fans!!!!!!! YES and YES. Your coon story cracked me up. those "Coons need a Low carb diet". And yes they do HISS..........

Loving some "down" time.

Lori
-How was your game?
--------------------------------------------------
Have a moster headache. Sighhhhhhhh Another frekin fall. This one SO SO not my fault. I am so tired of hitting my head.
So....... I was getting something out of the fridge when the pup ran over real stealthy like and when I lifted my foot he put his paws under. So when I stopped on his paw I heard his squeal- I flipped feet and he scooted under that foot and I and he tangled and I landed half on him and hit my head on the counter on the way down and landed on the right hip.

Can you can OMG - SERIOUSLY a FREAK. He was terrified and ran. Saw me laying there and ran back. I ever so slowly got up and saw he is slightly limping as I am too.
I think he landed wrong and we just tangled. I felt him up and he don't squeal and I think we are both sorta bruised and will be find in a day or so. Nothing is broken him or me.
I think it scared the crap out of him because he will not leave my side.
Dog drama........ I could sure use some times between laying on my ass I can tell you that. I must have strong hip bones.
A few Motrin and I should be good to go. I gave him a new chew toy and he seems to be ok.

So much for pool time. I think I am taking a pass in favor of a movie and left over ribs.
Tomorrow a work day. I need time to get excited......... Hahahahah
  #974   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-21, 15:40

BF:

Good Afternoon!

I had fun on the golf course with my friend. My regular partner decided not to play, so it was just the two of us. This girl is quite a good golfer and I was picking her brain about some problems I'm having with different aspects of the game. I will be playing with her Wednesday and possibly Thursday too. My normal partner is having some kind of laser surgery on her gums and is taking a few days off golf. She will not be able to eat anything solid, no caffeine and no alcohol for a month! I don't know what kind of procedure it is, but the recovery sounds rough! Plus, it's costing mega $$$. It's always something.

Jaz.....we are going to have to wrap you in bubble wrap! You just can't keep bouncing off the floor! I worry about you hitting your head again. Do you think you should be checked out?

Trig....steer clear of that giant raccoon! He sounds like nothing will stand between him and his Doritos!

Nic....I'm glad you are enjoying your Y water classes. Nice that your daughter was able to join you too. Your schedule with some PB thrown in sounds perfect.

We just had a quick dinner and now I'm down for the count. I have a few errands to run tomorrow before/after my hair cut/color and then it'll be back here to my nest. I sure hope I hear equipment paving the road tomorrow!

G'nite!
  #975   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-21, 17:08

BF:

Lori- Your golfing partner is CHOOSING to go through an ELECTIVE thing that would keep her from coffee or alcohol- OH HELL NO!!!! My teeth would have to drop out before I said yes to that........

Yeah bubble wrap for my body might be a good thing.
No- just a headache this time around. No blood that I can see. I swear clumsy is my middle name. I have always been a klutz. I was never into sports as a kid because of it actually. I couldn't hit a softball if my life depended on it! Most likely why I am not a sports buff.
I sure envy you that are! If I took a golf club I would kill the grass and the ball would still be sitting there!

Ok- well back from a walk with pooch and time to settle in!. He got a new toy and it is keeping him busy for hours.

Later all!!!!! Have a good one!