Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1366   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-21, 20:06

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all -

Quick check in with personals tomorrow afternoon, hopefully. We have settled on the house, got to bring our stuff in around 6PM and as of tonight have unpacked almost everything. DH has been hard at work on his study and got everything done but four drawers of his new desk. I got the kitchen set up, among other areas, but there is plenty left to do in the coming few days. I will actually have to read the manual for the ovens and the washing machine at the very least. I have gotten the wifi up and running (go me, including setting up a mesh system!) and I have the TV running Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to get YoutubeTV or AppleTV as apps on there. So, we may have to get a Roku or Fire Stick or something. Our smart tv in MD gets all those channels. We don't have cable or anything.

The dogs were absolutely freaking the F out last night. I mean, they were worse than newborns. Bella was freaking out about the floors and basically re-enacting "the floor is lava" while Sophie was doing a lot of nervous pacing. There isn't much carpeting in this house, just a few area rugs. We also don't have carpet on the main level of our other home so I don't know why this was so different for Bella but it clearly was.

I also just didn't sleep well in general but the dogs were definitely a big factor. They seem much more comfortable now so hopefully tonight will be better.

We'll be seeing DD and SoIL tomorrow for brunch, and we may see DS19 but he hasn't fully committed. It's fine either way- there will be plenty of opportunities now!

More tomorrow- I am just wiped out!
Sponsored Links
  #1367   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-21, 03:17

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Thanks for checking in Nic! Sorry your doggos are having a bit of a "freak out" about the new house. Hoping they're calmer today. Enjoy brunch today and have fun setting up the new house!

I got up stupid early and it's going to be a LONG day. I woke up around 3 and finally got up at 4. I have to meet my friend at 7:45 for the 2 hour drive to go play golf in NY. I probably won't get home until 8 or so tonight. Good grief! More coffee STAT!

Have good days!
  #1368   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-21, 07:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies!

Lori- Safe travels and do HAVE SOME FUN today! Enjoy a beer or two since you are not driving! Have a real blast! Too bad you couldn't stay a extra day or two to explore. I didn't realize you were only 2 hours from NY. However NYC is on the other side so I guess it would be rolling hills and country side like you have.

NIC- You actually had me LOL'ing over "LAVA FLOORS". Only people who had Mario in their life and kids gets that! My grandkids play "lava ground". I didn't know dogs did too! HAHAHAH - I know though the frustration though when you are already stressing to have a dog that won't settle down.

Do you just LOVE IT!!!!!????? So fun! What is your fav part of the house? Do you like your new bed? Did they upgrade stuff like mattresses and kitchen appliances? Was there anything other than staging in the kitchen?
Did the porch come with furniture?

Yeah you can get those Rouku sticks for dirt cheap on Amazon.
I can't wait to hear how your day rolls out!!!! How is the back yard- do you have one? It is like a patio home where they do the yard and stuff?
Is your meet and greet with your new neighbors tonight? What are you going to wear?

Very cool the kids are on the way!

TRIG
- Hoping you are healing up and feeling better! How are things going? What is your impression of Raleigh NC? I am taking a hard look there for my next stop next year. I want to put some more thought into it than I did before I moved here. I know it is growing and 2 hours from the beach and 2 hours from the mountains and growing.
-----------------------------------------------------
Today is going to be another of the next two weeks of sunshine, blue skies and 80's in the day and 50's at night. A truly beautiful Autumn. however we really don't have the brilliance of Fall like the north, that I do miss!

Day two of back on track. took a week. You know it doesn't take much once one goes off the rails to get used to eating crap. Then you finally have to detox again.

Yesterday was a total chill day and I spent alot of time writing- only to delete it all at the end of the day! Even though I deleted it I find writing relaxing. I am working on a side gig to do a Diabetes guide made some for people. It's my jam. So- between looking for a "real" gig- I am writing on the side.
I know I am no Danielle Steel or Stephen King. Mine is not fiction. I don't even know if I will even pursue publishing. Writing is for pleasure.

Now for the "real" gig- looking.......... I will leave it at that. As of right now my current situation is labeled as "Pending"- even though I was verbally told it will be denied and I could be written up or terminated for taking unapproved time off. Ask me what I think about that! NOT! HAHAHA They can kiss my...........

So today I AM going to do a re-write of chapter 1-2. I am super chilled to take my lap top out to my patio and get some fresh air. I have my dog, radio, sunshine and jumbo shrimp waiting for me for later!
The pool might be a bit cool, but I noticed people were taking drinks out pool side and just hanging out late afternoon yesterday.

Other than that- it will be my weekend. I want to put in a plug for collagen in coffee! Shameless plug! However I will say that I am on week 3 of adding 1-2 scoops daily to my coffee. It adds 20 grams of protein and ZERO calories. It also adds the collagen I need for my tendons and nerves, and ligaments! I am sold! Something I will be keeping in my tool bag for healthy living!
I know you use collagen Lori. I firmly think that is why you are all healed up and playing sports like a 30 year old!!!!

I would bet T. Brady uses collagen, as well as every older sports athlete.
Well that is my day. Truly very low key today and it is nice for a change.

Have a good one ladies!!!!!
  #1369   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-21, 17:48

BF:

We made it home! It was a beautiful day, but quite windy. I was comfortable in Capri length pants and a polo with a sweater on top. It's a beautiful course, but very hilly.....it's in the mountains. It is just over the PA/NY border off of Rt. 81.

Jaz.....We are only 3 hours from NYC, so not far at all. Not that I want to go....I'm not a city person. Country bumpkin here!

Enjoy your days of nice weather out on your patio. It sound divine!

I'm going to spend the next 2 days getting things ready for my trip to my sister's. I have to do some cooking for DH so he has something to warm up while I'm gone, plus catch up on laundry etc. A last minute trip to the grocery store on Tuesday and then Wednesday morning I'm outta here. I'll be with her until Sunday. Taking my laptop along, so I'll still be hanging out here.

Time to hit the shower and my bed......I'm a tired girl.
  #1370   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-21, 07:47

BF:

Hey Ladies!

Lori- Glad you had fun on your golfing outing. I bet the weather was just gorgeous. The wind can definitely make a cool day feel cold though sometimes!

I'm excited you are getting to go and see Connie! That will be fun for both of you.

Jaz- you had a lot of stuff in your post so I am going to come back around and write yours later on this afternoon.

Trig- hope your recovery is going well!

--

A bit of trial by fire here this morning. I got up and was walking the dogs this morning- we took our usual (can it be usual after only two days) stroll down the road to the dog park, they wandered around there, then we were taking the wooded trail back around and over to head back when Sophie either rolled her "wrist" or broke it. She is putting a teeny weeny bit of pressure on it so I am honestly hoping it isn't broken. Anyway, there we are at 7 something in the morning, on a mulch trail, with no cell phone (and no one I know in the area to call anyway) and I have two dogs, one of whom can't walk (and is nearly fifty pounds.) I carried her a bit and then I stopped again on the trail and was trying to figure out what I was going to do- I didn't think I could carry her all the way home. Then a guy on a bike comes along the trail and I said, Hey, can you help me? And did he ever. He carried Sophie over to the next court, then we waited there while he went and got his Jeep, and then he drove all three of us over to my house, then carried her into the house for me. Then, he had his wife call me with the names and numbers of a vet and animal hospital in the area. I tell you, people here are so, so nice. Both in the neighborhood and in the community in general.

So, a vet's office very kindly fit me in at 10:30 to bring in Sophie. That should be an adventure- she is a horrible car traveler in the best of circumstances. But, we'll do the best we can. Please cross your fingers it isn't broken bc Emergency vet care here is pretty darn limited and Covid has made it 100 times worse.

Assuming it isn't broken, my old girl's nature walks are likely pretty limited from here on out. I may need to just take her on mini walks on the sidewalk and take Bella out on longer ones. Shame though- Sophie was really enjoying the dog park. We'll see. Her vision may not allow for the uneven terrain. Sophie is 13.

So I'll be doing that, and then there is also a natural gas check supposed to happen here as well. I called and had them put me on the end of the list today. We've been here since Friday and I haven't been to the store yet, so I had been planning that for this morning. It will have to wait. Luckily we brought bacon and eggs from the MD house in a cooler so I can have that.

I'll check in later this afternoon with an update and a response to Jaz's post, and likely a second jaz post as well!

(edited to add- Rob is back at the MD house so he wasn't here.)
  #1371   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-21, 07:56

BF:

Ok- where did you all go?

Lori- I know you are excited to see your sis! It is unbelievable to me we are days from Oct. Wow! I hope you have the pretty weather we are getting!

Did you enjoy your game? How was your trip?
Very sweet of you to precook dinners for hubby. Truly hit up the deli for meat and cheese and chips and he can have sandwiches and chips and beer. Most guys would be content with that!

When I had the family they just loved deli meats and high end cheese and made sandwiches all the time. I couldn't keep in around. It would be GONE! I also had fresh tomatoe slices and pickles to put on it. Sometimes I would splurge and get onion buns. Gosh it has been YEARS since I have had an onion bun. I saved those for cheese burgers!

Well enjoy- I know you got this figured out!

HI NIC/TRIG! - updates.
-----------------------------------------------------
Beautiful beautiful day. One of many to come in the next 10 day forecast! So pretty.

Need to actually put on clothes and head to the supplement shop to get more collagen. I got a small container to try it and found it works for me.

I am down to my "low" and am 4 pounds from "crossing" that line. We all know THAT LINE. For you ladies on the "other side" it is a big mental deal. HUGE! Just 4 lousy pounds to hit my mini yet huge goal.
I am not looking left or right - straight ahead and no cheats!

Hey NIC- I was wondering what type of car "restraints" you got for your dogs. Mine is not working for Ruger. He is all over the place when I am trying to drive now! I need something comfortable for long car trips.

Today- Walk- and pool. I want to push a bit with these knees as I feel they are EVER SO SLOWLY healing. I have taken surgery off the table. They will heal. I am able to walk the pooch, swim, and take walks. So I know that it might take many months before I am totally square. I am ok with that.

I might write a bit this morning and job hunt too. Then this afternoon I am hitting up the pool for some sunshine! Mentally I feel good where I am. Whatever is going to happen will happen. I will bounce- I believe in me.

Ok wrapping this up for a bit. Just got your pic Lori! LOOK AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea!!!!! BTW- You look awesome.
  #1372   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-21, 08:17

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Nic......so so sorry about Sophie. How awesome that you found someone so kind to help you get home. What an awesome guy! Does he live in your new neighborhood? Fingers crossed that she just twisted her leg and that it will get better soon.

Jaz....Enjoy your sunshiney day! It is beautiful here too. I'm going to wash some rugs and hang them outside...a perfect day for that...sunny with a light breeze.

Trig....Wondering how you are doing? I hope you're seeing a lot of improvement by now.

-----------

I slept like a rock after my long day yesterday. I woke up full of pep. I'm washing everything that isn't nailed down and just being very productive. Tomorrow will be for grocery shopping and cooking for DH. He's easy to please and will be happy as long as he has a burger to warm up, or some BBQ and Mac salad from the Deli. I'm also going to make a frozen lasagna that he can just warm up one night. He won't starve.

Ok...washer is chiming. Time for another load! Have good days!
  #1373   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-21, 05:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, yea your DH is being set up well, you got him covered good!

So you do it 'all today' and head out tomorrow to visit your SIS....you guys should have a fab time!! I know you haven't seen it other for a bit, get out there and have fun, not too many beers for you tho HAHA....well, yea, have one for me too LOL

What pic is Jazz talking about? I didn't get a pic....I want a pic HAHA

Nicco, wow that guy helped you so much...nice to find such good people around when you need help! Cool

What is the diagnosis on the foot? My little doggie is slowing down also on big walks. He can't handle the heat well and fades fast but in colder weather he can still go longer, but age does get the suckers like it gets us!!

Jazz....rock it out...you will hit over that line soon enough! You got this....go go go go GO!

I read up on your job crap....man oh man if it ain't something right? Just take your time, look around and something will smack ya in the face and away you go! Nothing wrong with that, you stepped in your toe, saw how it all is, now you got more experience under your belt doing online work etc. so you did learn some stuff, if it is time to move on, then move on....not a darn thing wrong with that!

for restraint in car til he is older and just ''sits'' there like our dog does now....use your crate. Crate his happy azz in the car while you go to the beach or whatever, nothing wrong with that. We did that for a while while the dog was younger and a pain in the azz being all over the car, but he got older and just sits in his seat and doesn't move now. Maybe just do that til he gets out of puppy stage ya know.

-----------So still a little sicky icky but alot better now.
got skin ick rash like a damn reptile, peeling and fluffing off now and the big red is fading on it all. eye is not swelled anymore so this crap is moving on finally. ugh.

I don't 'do sick' well at all!

today is simple
got burgers and a tbone steak
do up some laundry and little chores but not much...not feeling it just yet

be good everyone
  #1374   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-21, 06:09

BF:

Good Morning!

YAY! Trig......so glad to see a post from you! I was worried that you took a turn for the worse. Glad the swelling and redness and fading now. I know it takes a good while for it to go away.

Sorry I forgot to email you the pic. I texted it to the other gals and intended to email it to you, but forgot. It's just a photo one of the other girls took on the golf course on Sunday. An action shot, if you will.

Nic.....How is Sophie today? I hope her limp is improving. Once in a while my cat will come in and be "gimpy" on her back right leg.....it's heartbreaking. The Vet says she has arthritis in her hip that probably flares up or maybe she tweaks it jumping down from somewhere. I have her on a glucosamine supplement now.

Jaz......Did you enjoy your pool/patio day yesterday? It was so gorgeous here. Today we're having a T-storm right now.....just weird. It's pouring rain and thunder rumbling. I'll run errands later to the grocery store and meat market.

---------

I'm SO anxious to get out of Dodge for a few days. I'm just tired of the mundane, day to day crap. Planning and making dinner, yadda, yadda, yadda. This morning DH had a "talker" on the minute I came downstairs. He was talking so loudly and so constant that I thought I'd scream. Complaining about work and stuff going on with the Rec Authority. I was trying to make my coffee and he was just going on and on. I finally said, "I'm right here"....hoping he got the hint not to talk so loudly! I can tell his hearing is not what it used to be and he often speaks loudly and has the TV too loud. Thank goodness for my Bose noise cancelling headphones!

Yesterday I went up to visit Betty and change her bedding and clean her bathroom. DH worked late at the park, so I went up to do that stuff for her and make sure she had something warmed up for dinner.

Tomorrow morning I'll hop in the shower and head out around 9. Connie may have to dog sit for her daughter's dogs till around Noon, so I'll plan to arrive about then. The weather is looking fantastic and we'll be able to go for our morning walks and sit outside at restaurants each night for dinner. I'm just anxious for a change in routine!

That's it from here. Have a good day everyone!
  #1375   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-21, 07:56

BF:

Good morning, Chicks!

Trig- SO GLAD that you are feeling better!! I know you aren't much of someone for being sick and that it was a trial for you for sure, plus you just felt awful. Really glad that you are able to get yourself back up and running again. Your immune system is good and strong bc that can wipe some folks out for a good while.

(Oooh just saw two white herons go by!!)

Lori- always touched by your kindness with Betty and your care of her. I totally know what you mean about your DH being a loud talker. My DH is really loud when is working and on the phone too. I am happy that he will be in the study with the doors closed when he is working/on the phone while he works here!

Jaz- I am a collagen fan also and use it in my coffee daily. I get mine from Costco- a HUGE canister of it. I buy them (one or two) when they are on "sale." Otherwise it is super pricey in general.

CONGRATULATIONS on getting so close to your low!! GO GIRL!! Great news.

So one thing the dogs have had for a while, car wise, is a seat belt thing- the tongue clicks into the existing seat belt thing and then you attach it to their harness. Basically keeps them from roaming and also from hitting the floor if there is a sudden stop etc. Then for the girls I also got them these bucket type car seats for a feeling of security since they are pretty much going to be going on long drives weekly or bi weekly. This is what I got- it comes with the seat belt clip on things but they don't work in some Hondas. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...sc=1&pldnSite=1

Glad your knees are healing. Keep us posted on the job search and what your thoughts are on that as you go. And also about your writing!

Blue- still thinking of you. You are not forgotten and are welcome back whenever you are ready!

Starting out with Sophie, she is doing really well today! Hooray! OTOH I am annoyed that I spent all that money when I could have waited it out to see how things would go with her, but OTOH no regrets. I have never seen one of my dogs have a sudden, acute injury like that.. she was walking along and then BOOM instant acute injury, which is why I really thought she had just snapped her leg. Plus I've never seen her just let it dangle like that. If I hadn't taken her in and it really was something serious, well, that would have been awful. Also, we are now "in" at a local vet, which is apparently not easy to do around here right now. Having an emergency was helpful in that way!

Slowly, slowly trying to create routines and some structure for myself. I have ADD that I compensate for by creating structure and routine- everything has its place etc. I don't have that yet here and am literally spending a cumulative hour a day circling around trying to figure out where things are- where is my computer, where is my phone, where is my water. Also, I am a HUGE recliner person, and that is on our short list- to get a couple of recliners in here. I like the couches okay but I miss my recliner in the evenings!

But anyway, coming along.. I fixed my meals yesterday, I've done some laundry, used the big bathtub last night.. ya know, just figuring things out as I live here. The stress is catching up to me a bit though- I have a couple of cold sores coming up. Ugh!

Today I've got a couple of errands to run. DS22's birthday is coming up so I want to get him a card and also send him some protein shakes from Costco. Plus I need to buy a vacuum for here, and some kind of mop- the dog hair is accumulating! I love that it doesn't show up much on this floor though.

I've been enjoying discovering walking trails around here.. this morning Bella and I walked to the clubhouse and then circled around the 'lake' and then back. It was nice and wooded and pleasant. So far we have developed a couple of different walks. I am looking forward to discovering more of our neighborhood trails! Sophie gets mini walks just on sidewalks and grass. No more long nature walks for her I don't think. I feel bad leaving her behind but honestly it is for her own good. MAYBE we can go to the dog park now and again.

Hoping also to go to the beach this morning for a while, maybe an hour or two, with some brunch and an umbrella and a book. We have thunderstorms coming this afternoon/night though.
  #1376   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-21, 08:01

BF:

Good Tue!

Trig- I too was thrilled to see your post! I am happy to read you are on the mend! peeling and sluffing huh? Some people pay good money for a peel! HAHAHA- I know it wasn't fun- at all!!!!!

Just glad your back and in full swing! Did your hubby get it too? It can be contagious in the beginning. Take your time to get in full swing and let your hubby help still with some stuff!

Yay- I was thinking about the crate. It is such a pain to heal up and down 3 flights of stairs on bum knees and I do use it here in the apt. when I go somewhere he goes to the crate! Not old enough to be left alone.
I took him to the grocery 3 days ago since it was cool enough I could roll down the window a bit and it wasn't a "hot car". I found he shredded all the paperwork I had on the passenger side floor. What did he shred you ask????????? Paperwork from the vet on dog training. IRONY isn't it!

Lori-- OMG I feel ya on men losing their hearing and talking so loud. That to me is soooooooo annoying. My grandfather was SO SO hard of hearing, he practically yelled. Oh ya- gotcha on that one. You are right- thank goodness for ear buds!

I know you and sis will have a great time and how awesome the weather will be grand for you!
Yup- Send Trig that pic of you! You hottie!!!!! You leave tomorrow right?

NIC- I think we cross posted yesterday! So happy to hear little Sophie is not dealing with a break. These pups of ours are certainly so dependent on us to care for them! That act all mighty like - SEE ME I AM DOG- then they run to us to help! I tell ya though I can't ever see me without a pupper, EVER!

So how are you and hubby settling into the house?!?!?!?!? Are you loving it? Your story about the kind neighbor is something! That does not happen everywhere I can assure you. Especially in a city situation. Most people look the other direction and keep right on rolling. So cool that you found a true community! That is what I found so special about St. Simon. It is not just the natural beauty- but the people there.
I totally get what you mean about community! It is rare and special. I am happy you have that.
Did you go to the meet and greet yet?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Yup I am going to stop writing about that line - the minute I did that I am up a pound. So now 5 pounds to goal! URGHHH.
Thats ok I will get there......not panicking. I can tell a difference!

I am going to see my physician in Atlanta on Friday. I am not real impressed with the one I saw here at all. It was my regular scheduled time and I never cancelled it. So I will take a road trip. I am not ready to give her up just yet.

Not sure what today holds. I might just sorta lay low as my tummy is a bit wonky. I ate 3 day old salmon and........... yeah..........
I will just take today and browse the internet and see what is out there.
Honestly I could do without cable- cut my internet and I would be LOST!!!!!!

Back later - have a good one!

EDITED:_ I see a post from NIC- cross posting!
  #1377   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-21, 08:28

BF:

Nicco super happy it isn't an issue on her leg but yea, at some point the 'oldies' gotta go to that smaller walk, dealing with it on my dog also now so I get it.....just do for her, nothing wrong with just that

new house, new routine, love it....beach house area...wish I had that problem HAHA

Jazz, get another crate for the car.
don't be draggin' the damn thing LOL
when done with it, put sign up in vet office, puppy crate for sale, barely used, cost like $60, sell for $30 and that thing will be gone in a flash for another to use.....plus you get yourself a tank full of gas even after using it and send it on.....all vet areas have a fast turn over for sale stuff....well around me they do it, allow that little bit of I got this for sale and boom, gone the next day but your 'fancy azz beach vets' might not allow that?? but you could use it then just take it to a vet and hand it over for a donation to send on to another....no gas money but hey? worth the price to not drag it around

same, cable sucks but internet is life.
but hubby says tv is super important and trumps internet but I said without internet there is no cable and extra networks so?
friggin' hate the prices but this is life moving forward for sure
  #1378   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-21, 04:03

BF:

Good Morning!

It's get outta town day!! I won't be coming home until Sunday and probably by Saturday, I'll be more than ready to come home. As they say, there's no place like home.

I kind of hate to think what the scale will say when I get home. It's been creeping up the past few days. Granted, I haven't been sticking to plan, and when I do, I've just been eating too much. I told Connie that I need a project for winter to lose 5-8 lbs and I was counting on piling some LBS on when I'm with her so I have it to work on in the next few months. She said she's there for me and happy to help.

I'll be starting a 30 day "cut" when I get home to get rid of the gain, I'm sure. It'll be back to my Protein Priority plan full force. I just bought some new shorts & capris for next golf season and they fit perfectly, so I don't want to lose too much. I just want to basically tone & build some upper body strength over the next 6 months.

I was awake early and thinking about all manner of crap. Sigh.....I always sleep well at Connie's, so I'll probably pass out early tonight. Plus...there won't be a furry alarm clock to wake me up in the middle of the night!

I'll check in when I get settled in at Sis's. Have good days!
  #1379   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-21, 04:36

BF:

Lori, wow you do have a longer type trip with SIS but you guys will have a fab time! Hope you get to go out to some nice restaurants and chill....have a drink for me too Safe travels, have a blast!

Toning and tightening is a good way to go.....more muscle functioning well makes for more kcals burned and will trim ya down a bit and I think that is a good idea for sure.....toning up is something I should be doing.

waiting on nicco and jazz

----------for me today is just take life kinda easy

area is still sore. crazy is over, but it ain't over ya know. still healing up. annoying as heck

got some small chores to do
this and that

hubby working and kid to school and me thinks me is gonna just chillax thru most of the day

might drag out the vacuum which I need to do....damn dog hair --ugh

got burgers and steak for today. keeping eating very simple

over and out and be good all
  #1380   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-21, 08:27

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

Lori- Safe travels! I know you will love hanging with Sis! You are lucky you have a sibling! I think you look fabulous, and fat is nowhere in your description.
As far as getting toned- sign us all up. women really need to work on that upper body as we age. Yeah we do!

Cool on getting some new clothes for next season! Smart girl! I did that too! When I was in DE there was a Kmart there. I rarely ever go to one. Well they were closing and had out a sign- EVERYTHING 90% off. I was curious and went in. I bough jeans and sweater for 2 -3 bucks each. I got the size I was in and then one size smaller! HAHAHAH- Just in case!

I need to dig that crap out and see if anything fits. the thought of WINTER- urghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anyway- Tell us all about your time away! I agree it is grand to have a change of venue! We all need that sometimes!

TRIG- Agreed that I can cough up a few dollars for a crate in the car, rather than lugging the thing around. I see them in the Good Will all the time for a few bucks at most.

I used to love to browse the book section in Goodwills. Then I would read them and give them back. I have found also when I was traveling it was a great resource to pick up a casserole dish to use and then I would just leave it in the condo.

So happy to hear you are healing up in record time and feeling better!!!!!! You are one healthy lady!
I am gathering you have covered your pool for the season! Yup- swimming is about over here too. I would say maybe another week or so. Although they actually keep the pool open year round nobody goes until Feb when it starts to warm up again.

Yea- mid Feb. is full on spring in the south. Take in mind I am 1.5 hours from the Florida boarder. When I was in St. Simon it was 45 minutes to Jacksonville. Speaking of......... do you have any plans for a road trip soon? Fall would be a pretty time to get out that RV and head for some mountains for the pretty leaves. You could be there in a few hours where you are!

NIC- Sophie updates....... I hope she is not limping anymore. Yea I would have shelled out $$$$ for my pet too!
However, like you said you are now "in" with a vet which is hard to do. I had to wait almost a month to get in for Ruger.

So how far is your house from the beach?????- Are your kids there yet? I am so excited for you.
I would be ordering me an Ashley Furniture recliner in a red hot minute! You get yourself squared up and cozy there! You certainly have the room!

How long are you staying this trip? Is this going to now be your "main" digs? I would think that it might make the transition to downsize easier if you are already there and invested in the community!
------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sitting on my patio listening to the birds and bugs, and chirping. You know for an apt I got the end unit facing woods and it is very private, so when I am sitting on my patio I can watching other people walk by- but I have the woods, and tall pines in my view.
Ruger loves his patio time. I get the morning sun which he loves. He also "watches" for people and other dogs. He sits and watches for hours and loves the sun on his belly.

I have good news. My time off was finally approved after I was verbally told it was not going to be. I did not appreciate the veiled "threat" of job loss and losing my insurance.
I had to finally tell them that my legal counsel would be in touch and I was done writing to them and calling them for a decision. It was approved literally hours after that. Seriously- that is what it took.

Well- it is best case situation. I will return to work on Oct. 11th. In a week and a half.

I actually interviewed yesterday for another job that pays extremely well and is in Raleigh, where I want to be. The caveat though is it would mean going back into a ICU as a case manager in a facility. It is a M-F 9 hour + commute + I would need to dress up as they don't do scrubs. Add that to the fact it would mean breaking my lease at 5K and a move in weeks and and and and and ..... NO.

It is going to be a tuff decision to write her back and decline the last interview. She wanted to introduce me to the team next week via Zoom. If she could have hired me yesterday she would have. It went very well. I will also say that the facility is one that is just incredible to work for. You just can beat the facility it is top in the country and would look amazing on a resume and a awesome way to finish out the nursing career.

So there are huge perks to it........ I have not totally ruled it out... taking a few days to fully mull it. I think it is the right job at the wrong time in my life.
The good news is I still have my job to fall back on until the right one comes along.

I already know I am not renewing the lease here next Spring. So I would not be "breaking" my lease with penalty's- just not renewing.

So- all is well with me. I am walking every day that it isn't raining and the collegan is a huge blessing. I am stretching and ever SO slowly I feel this knee is going to eventually be ok. It have good days and achy days. Don't we all though?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAH

I can tell I piled on the salt yesterday- I am up a few pounds in water. I also need to drink and flush more. I bought a big "cup/thermos" it is a half gallon. I am going to challenge myself to start with one of those a day. It seems so simple yet I am not doing it.

Tomorrow will be a travel day to Atlanta. I will spend the night and see my physician Friday morning and be back Saturday. I am planning to have lunch outdoors with a few of my old co-workers Friday afternoon. My mother said she would watch Ruger. She really likes my pup. She recently lost the last of her 2 she has had for over 14 years. I know she is having a difficult time with it. So yes she can "babysit".

I most likely will not be back in Atlanta for the rest of the year as I have no more time off until next year. I am cool with that.

Another beautiful day here. It is warming up again. We had a cool front last will drop us into the mid 80's. However, it is inching up daily and will be hitting 90.

Not sure what my meal is going to be today. I am thinking I would like a steak. I might make a trip to the meat market. They truly have the BEST Angus beef! The last two steaks I got there melted in my mouth good!

Later ladies- have a great day!