Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-20, 17:39

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Dis up two roasts. Forgot the first one, ooops, Very iverdone. Son ate a slab, dogged the rest. Second ine I topped with a slab of beef fat----- much better results. Made up a pan of pork loin chops, tallow in pan, salt meat, cover with marinara sauce---- for teens.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-20, 15:50
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

I did up the other half of a 8-lb roast from last month. I've got too much food in the fridge, but some of it, I'll take to my coworker/chauffeur for whom I often cook. I think I'll make her some oat crackers in the dehydrator, too, since I'm afraid the oat bran bothers my gut even though it's gluten-free.

(ETA) I don't have much of an appetite, so dinner will be a protein shake using up an aging free sample packet of protein powder, plus some homemade coconut milk chocolate ice cream from gawd-knows-when. I remember deciding not to put the date on it, since "I'm sure I'll eat it within a week." Sure, Jan.

Last edited by Kristine : Tue, Feb-18-20 at 16:39.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-20, 21:19

BF:

Road trip to brothers for a few day.....brought our own food from freezer. steak. two 1# rolls ground turkey. sausages. lamb sausages. chix thighs. mixed onions and peppers.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-20, 21:59

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Not very hungry this evening, but knew I should eat something. DH away for the evening. So I pulled out some frozen shrimp - easily and relatively quickly defrosted in cold water - chopped up a bunch of garlic, heated some olive oil and butter, cooked the garlic till fragrant, added the shrimp, plus some dried oregano, and some red pepper flakes; sauteed till the shrimp turned pink. Quite delightful, with a glass of red wine. And took about 20 minutes. I thought about veg, but decided to let it go, as, as stated, I wasn't really that hungry. The peeled shells from the shrimp went into a small saucepan, with a bit of water, brought to a boil, and then allowed to cool. Will strain the liquid, and use for future fish chowders.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-20, 22:02

BF:

Oh YUM !!!!!!
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-20, 02:49
Forum Moderator

BF:

I heated up a little container of pizza sauce from the freezer plus some frozen pepperoni slices, and made meatzza out of Tuesday's burger patties. It was really good; I wish I was hungrier. I couldn't finish it and gave the beef crust to the cat.

I think that was the end of last year's tomato stash. It's almost time to plan for starting this summer's seeds.🍅🌶🥒
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-20, 17:24

BF:

Gave 6 frozen summer squash to the dog-- does that count,lol ??
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-20, 20:43

BF:

Does the dog like frozen summer squash?
My pets are part of the family; feeding them is feeding my family. Feeding the dog from the freezer certainly counts. LOL
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-20, 20:55

BF:

Nothing from the freezer today, but from the pantry. I was given some really excellent ham yesterday from a friend. From her neighbour's pig. I rehydrated some dried mushrooms from the pantry, made a cream sauce with HWC & cream cheese, added the mushrooms, and diced ham, some dried herbs, shallots, chives, and served over a chaffle, made with cheese that really needed to be used up. Very delicious, very filling.
Both DH and I really like mushrooms, and they dry so easily, and rehydrate so nicely. I buy them whenever I find them on sale, in season for the wild kind, put them in the dehydrator, and have jars of them in the pantry.
Maybe I should start a pantry thread :-)
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-20, 03:14
Forum Moderator

BF:

^If you do, I'll participate. I'm pretty good at having a loaded pantry and next thing you know, there's that can of salmon that expired in 2015.

I ended up adding to the freezer this week, but that's okay - I was off work, and I'll be back to "don't feel like cooking" mode for next week. I'll dump some of it onto my coworker/chauffeur.
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-20, 04:53

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

I've added to the freezer this week too. My local butcher had some ribeyes and lamb on sale.
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-20, 10:27

BF:

Removed another rotisserie chicken to add to the chicken soup. And a pkg of frozen carrots.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-20, 15:26

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

My freezer is so full, and I've recently had to toss some stuff due to sever freezer burn. I should start eating things from the freezer too before it all goes back. I've defrosted and eaten a couple 1-lb packages of local Florida organic grass-fed beef recently. Just had a hamburger for lunch with some avocado mayo mixed with spicy mustard. Normally I love cheese with my burgers but I think I had more than enough cheese with my eggs and bacon this morning.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-20, 13:22

BF:

Ive noticed my Vit D3 base level has been met... allowing a skip day. Im ADD and battle apathy every day.

Pulled pkg og burger to mix with pesto to make meatballs.

Pulled pkg of pork chops to make I dont know what.

Eyeing pork butt to make bbq shredded pork in crock pot.

Removed pkg of banana winter squash to make squash pie. My teens eat pie morning , noon or nite.
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-20, 13:26

BF:

merpig....perhaps find a neighbor who will feed frrzerburned meats to their dig, cat or chickens....

When my aunt does a clean out, my animals get a feast.