Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Grease is the word!
Skip the Low Fat fad
Posted by mike_d
Posted Fri, Mar-31-06
Male 72 inches
Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%
Thumbs up Skip the Low Fat fad

Quote:
I have been on reduced carb for about 2 years losing slowly so I tried Atkins induction -- in 9 days I lost 11 lb and my blood pressure is down from 150/81 (or higher) two weeks ago to ave of 136/76 pulse 63. And I feel so much better and younger-- I am 58. Ill need to buy some new belts and pants!

Before going on this induction I was on a reduced fat and carbs version of the 3 hour diet to speed up my metabolism (I run a low body temp 97.5F). It seemed to work at first then I got more hungry and started gaining. I thought I felt good on that diet until compared to the way I am feeling now.

10 Pounds From Goal Today Sunday 11 June 2006
Quote:
For me the stalls were a bit frustrating, so is the bloating and the 'I feel fat feeling' mainly around the waist and thigh rub. Most of that is in the past now and I am one notch away from having to buy a new belt! I wish I had documented everything in a journal, finding out what works for you is like navigating an eatable maze. It would be handy to look back to check things.

Anyway I am on OWL now. The yogurt I am using is White Mountain, I take two Tbs/day (it is very sour). I drink tea with cream no coffee. About the only cheese I use is Swiss, the only nuts walnuts, raw peanuts or sunflower kernels. My carbs are around 10 or more per meal but I also have half a grapefruit in the morning and before dinner. My exercise is about 30 min of biking and 15 min of weights (mostly dumbells) during the day. I do a few crunches, streaching and 5 min of treadmill (Nordic Track) at night before bed. I think exercise at night is important on the scale the next morning. Since I am near goal I have cut calories a bit and some times feel a bit hungry before bed. Bob Greene a well known fitness trainer for Ophra says this is normal even necessary.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Totals supplements I take a day with food:

1-2 High Potency Men's Multivitamin with minerals no iron (Garden of Life)
1 Biotin 300 mcg (total)
4 calcium with magnesium and zinc, 300/150 mg
2 cups lite salt potassium drink 600 mg KCL per cup
1 Tablespoon coconut oil for cooking
2 Flax oil caps 2000 mg
2 Ginkgo Biloba 240 mg
2 Vitamin C capsule,1000
1 Coral Calcium
Daily grapefruit extract or grapefruit
2 Tablespoons raw psyllium husk plus flax meal in water

Addendum:

Due to limited time I have to prepare and consume meals these days; one evening while feeding my dogs I wondered if there was a quick solution-- turns out there is:

Purina Low-Carb Senior Bachelor Chow

Purina Senior Bachelor Chow is 100% complete and balanced, delivers 100% of the Purina Single Male Nutrient Requirements (SMNP) of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients for bachelors of all life stages, and has been developed to be highly digestible, and not even require the use of a microwave to prepare.

Each ingredient in Bachelor Chow is selected for its role in delivering the 39 key nutrients men require, which will aid them in their pursuit of women, beer, and the perfect sound system for their Mustang. The excellent balance in Purina Bachelor Chow provides men the nutrition they need to be their best.

Serving Suggestion for men 151 - 200 pounds 2 - 3 1/3 cups daily *

*Using a standard 8 oz. measuring cup (empty beer can).
+ Amounts are recommended for an average single adult male with normal activity. Remember food intake requirements vary depending upon age, activity and the amount of football watched, and should be adjusted accordingly.

Ingredients:

Ground yellow corn, poultry by-product meal, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, beef tallow preserved with mixed-tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), brewers rice, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, malted barley flour, salt, animal digest, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, vitamin supplements (A, E, B-12, D-3), manganese sulfate, niacin, calcium pantothenate, brewers yeast, riboflavin supplement, biotin, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, copper sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, folic acid, menadione sodium tri-bisulfite complex, tri-calcium iodate, sodium selenite.
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After

by Hellistile on Fri, Jun-30-06, 14:54

Mike that Bachelor Chow is deadly. STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!! Congratulation on your success.

2 comments [read all comments]

Article tools