Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 06:51

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 174/174/140 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Schwarzbein Newbie, Owner of all 3 books

Today is Feb 6, 2005, this could be a definite turning point in my life...I am a 49 year old, 5'1", 174lbs, divorced, no kids, Hispanic, South Texan...been chubby since I was a child...parents took me to diet doc when I was 10..been on every diet known to man/woman....stumbled on the Schwarzbein principle when I stumbled on womentowomen.com (book #1 comes with vitamin/HRT package..purchased book #2 while I was waiting for package...purchase book #3 yesterday because of 'the Betty/Betsy ' on this forum's review message..which I read early yesterday morning). I have had thyroid/depression problems for years but after reading Dr S's books (and this has just been skimming...since I only got them all this past week) these diagnosis' have only been a catch all remedy to get me out of the doctor's office within my 5 minute alloted time. I am excited about SP (not too excited, I know this is going to take lots of time to heal my adrenal glands)...I know I can do this...I know you all can hold my hand as I walk through this...I can't do this alone, I've already tried that and all it gets me is to the library/book store/website to look for another diet...no more diets only logical SP. I bought SP groceries yesterday, exercised yesterday....I love to exercise too...I ran a marathon 21 years and 35 lbs ago...don't run anymore but love to bike (have a bike trainer/contraption that makes bike into stationary bike..just ride in my living room so I won't have to deal with people sticking their heads out of their car and yell 'ride faster, you've got a long way to go, fatso...'). I want to ride the MS Bike to Beach in October, I even reserved a hotel room for the overnight part...this race along with SP is my goal for this year...I will complete another goal tomorrow...closing on my own (tiny..) home tomorrow! Yea, finally have my own place..won't be a quick move in though...bought as is..needs some repair first...oh well...maybe within a month. -e- (Eva, short e pronunciation)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 10:39
Registered Member

Plan: A True Miracle, Rosedale
Stats: 185/185/132 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Helo Eva,
Welcome to the group and good luck on your program.
I too have been on every conceivable diet plan and mostly I have a much harder time losing that most people do in spite of exercise and diligence. Dr. S's theorys seem to pan out in my case. When I go on a very restrictive diet, my body seems to rebel and unless I plan "cheats" on a regular basis, my metabolism with shut down and cannot be budged with supplements or anything else it seems. But unfortunately I don't seem to be making progress on her plan.

I was very impressed with CSOAR's loss on Fat flush plan, and I've been on that for 2 weeks. However, the same thing is happening, in spite of taking the supplements and all the required items my metabolism is into "frugal" mode. I can tell when it shuts down, I get very cold whenever I sit down, and that is not like me. I'm usually warm. And I exercise too. So I'm going back onto the only plan that gave me a day a week cheats. It is a local plan, focusing on your emotional life as much as the food you eat. It is at http://www.flexweightloss.com/ At least it worked and it did keep my metabolism up. It may not be as healthy, but the food tastes better than fat flush foods, and it works.

Donna