Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-16, 12:44

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Low Carb Kansas City - Sept 30th

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/low-ca...ets-27258887065

Quote:
You're invited to Low Carb KC!!!
With low carb conventions and expos sweeping the nation, it is time for Kansas City to take our turn to shine. This one-day inaugural event will feature keynote speakers; Dr. Eric Westman, Dr. Adam Nally, Dr. Tracey King, author and speaker, Jimmy Moore plus local experts from the Kansas City area in the medical and fitness world. Our speakers will educate attendees on the benefits of a low-carb lifestyle, and all-around natural living. Free cooking demos, fitness education, and more will also be presented from the main stage throughout the event.

We believe that the "low carb conversation" is getting ready to explode in Kansas City. In addition to the education and research based facts you will learn from the speakers, we are also excited to offer you the opportunity to learn about products, services and businesses that you may not know exist. The vendors featured throughout the venue will offer free goodies for sampling, as well as health assessments and a chance to talk one-on-one with the experts.
As another gift to you, every attendee will also receive a coupon book to be used throughout the event and at the exhibitors businesses in the upcoming months. This will give you the ability to save hundreds of dollars while exploring this new way of living.

Other than that, please feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any additional questions.
We are incredibly excited to duplicate the incredibly successful Low Carb events we've attended, both in person and virtually, in other cities. (Dr. Heather was a speaker at Low Carb Vail.) We look forward to collaborating with each and everyone of you as we join together to bring awareness about living a healthier, cleaner lifestyle.

Sincerely,
Katie Newell, katie~healthnutfoodie.com, 913-749-7902
Dr Heather Cardin, drheather~cardinwellness.com, 913-980-5502
PS -- We do still have a few vendor spots available. Please visit LowCarbKCVendors.eventbrite.com.
FB Low Carb KC or ~Lowcarbkc or #lowcarbks or #lckc

General Admission is $8

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Sep-20-16 at 13:31.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-16, 14:02

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Yay! Comin' to Kansas City!

I'm sorry I heard about this so late. I have an appt. with a dermatologist that day--and it takes six months to catch up with one of those!

The famous Dr. Mary Vernon lives just up the road in Lawrence. I wonder if she'll be putting in an appearance?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-16, 03:22

The event goes all day from 9 am to 7 pm! And only $8 to get local discounts and freebies.
Would be worth just to meet and learn more about the local LC doctor who is organizing the event..and to hear Dr Westman.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-16, 07:14

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

My appt. is in the morning. Maybe I can show up at the conference for a few hours in the middle. If I do, I'll report.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-16, 04:07

Dr Westman gave a summary at the LC support group about this conference. The chiropractor who organized it is a supporter of Ketogenic diets. These LC meetings have become a gathering place for LCers, and there will be more around the country. When he asked how many already eat LC it was 2/3 + of the audience.

One of the commercial sponsors was the product Keto OS, about which Dr Westman is still skeptical for weight loss. It may be useful for other conditions but he reminds people that getting "into ketosis" through the use of exogenous ketones is not the goal if you want to lose weight. You still have to account for the calories in any product. IF you are getting 300 extra calories in coconut oil, MCT oil, or Keto OS, then you are not burning those 300 calories from your body fat. So consider your use of these products in light of your own goals. Keto OS had enthusiastic testimonials, but it is a multilevel marketing company, so consider that vs the use of products with extra calories if you still need to lose fat.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-01-17, 09:39

Low Carb KC returns! The "second" annual Low Carb gathering.

I distrust KetoOS even more than last year. Hearing awful stories about the heavy handed sales job from desperate reps and managers tied to a MLM scheme. So steer clear of the vendors and enjoy another Low Carb meeting:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/low-ca...orderfblightbox
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 06:44

Back for the third AnnualLow Carb KC, now a three day event!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/509951552530250/about/
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 06:51

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Are such events held elsewhere, or is it just a growing phenomemom in th Kansas area??
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 07:49

They are everywhere this year! There was a second KetoFest (not as scientific, more social) in New London, CT last month. The videos from Science Sunday should be posted soon.

I know two in Washington DC, one in Houston, etc.
Two open FB pages you can check for events are HealClinic and Adapt Your Life. https://www.facebook.com/pg/AdaptYo...f=page_internal
Get on the LowCarbUSA email list..there's usually one in FL in January.
Then there are small groups popping up everywhere, not big name speakers but folks getting together to share information, aka "Meat-Ups"

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Aug-10-18 at 08:11.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-18, 08:27

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
They are everywhere this year! There was a second KetoFest (not as scientific, more social) in New London, CT last month. The videos from Science Sunday should be posted soon.

I know two in Washington DC, one in Houston, etc.
Two open FB pages you can check for events are HealClinic and Adapt Your Life. https://www.facebook.com/pg/AdaptYo...f=page_internal
Get on the LowCarbUSA email list..there's usually one in FL in January.
Then there are small groups popping up everywhere, not big name speakers but folks getting together to share information, aka "Meat-Ups"

Thanks Janet!!! Im not on social media, so thank you for doing the leg work.

My son wants me to go to the Kansas CIty event so he can come along for the BBQ 'd dinners. Which led to when did sugar get added to BBQ sauces..... any way..... many thanks.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-18, 02:50

There was a pig roast at KetoFest (sounds Southern to me ) sponsored by a new company Stevia Sweetened BBQ sauce.http://ketofest.com/schedule.html

I did not go but heard Carl and Richard talking about the sauce on the last podcast...sounds good. They are planning another KetoFest for 2019...and also encouraging people everywhere to consider doing similar in their Town. Will let you use that name and give advice to help you recruit the restaurants, speakers, etc.

Carl does mini-Keto events every month or so in New London...a cooking demo and a dinner. The 2KetoDudes have grown on me, while Adam Nally and JM are not my favorites... I'd pick conferences by the speakers. Though by this point, most speakers standard talks have been placed on YouTube for free already. I’ll be at a day event in NC only because it is a chance to finally meet Amy Berger in person.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Aug-11-18 at 05:39.