Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-15, 02:57

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome to the board, Ruth!

As long as the list of ingredients for the pickles doesn't list sugar in any of its many guises or any other non-induction ingredients, dill pickles and pickled banana peppers should be .

Just count them as part of your vegetable "allowance"
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-15, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/219/140 Female 64
BF:2......MUCH!
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Welcome to the board, Ruth!

As long as the list of ingredients for the pickles doesn't list sugar in any of its many guises or any other non-induction ingredients, dill pickles and pickled banana peppers should be .

Just count them as part of your vegetable "allowance"

Thanks so much Elizellen I am happy to be here! I am really hoping that I can get this right. Congrats on your weight loss!
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Mar-09-15, 03:11

BF:

Thank you, Ruth!
I am sure it will not be too long till you have similar results.
  #184   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-15, 00:17

Stats: 175/175/155 Male 178
BF:
Progress:

Guys, is a daily cup of boiled lentil (daal), chickpeas etc allowed in this phase of atkins ?
  #185   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-15, 00:37

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

No legumes, too much starch.
  #186   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-15, 11:27

Plan: Atkins/LCHF
Stats: 225/185/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Really High!!
Progress: 80%

Thanks for posting this list...I've been low carbing for a couple of weeks now but have been eating healthy, whole foods such as fruit, barley and quinoa. Obviously, this is why I haven't lost too much.
Going back to good oil' induction (Phase 1) next week, once all this fruit is out of my house
Loving this forum!
  #187   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-15, 15:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
Guys, is a daily cup of boiled lentil (daal), chickpeas etc allowed in this phase of atkins ?
Acording to my fitday account one cup of cooked lentils has about 23 net carbs!!
Once on the legumes rung of OWL the portion allowed initially would be about 3 level tablespoons of cooked lentils
  #188   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-15, 13:52

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
I have/had to go "cold turkey" all the way to ultra low carbs (6 grams daily) right off or I would never get rid of the cravings for the killer carbs (sugar, pasta, bread etc) and I would not lose the weight -- which is one of the major reasons for doing this WOE.

what did a days worth of food look like then Jo?
  #189   ^
Old Fri, Jun-12-15, 19:42

Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Atkins Induction Acceptable Food List
List on Page 1:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482
  #190   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-15, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 201/201/150 Female 5''7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Did anyone answer the stevia question? Personally I'm good with the Splenda, but it's a curiosity Q.
  #191   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-15, 14:31
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I can't find anything in DANDR about it, but I really don't see why you couldn't use it, as long as you stick to the same serving limits (3 during induction, IIRC) and make sure what you buy has minimal carbs. Stevia has different forms, like Splenda and other sweeteners. You want to avoid anything that's labelled "for baking" as it's bulked up with maltodextrin - carb city. Anything in a dropper bottle should be okay. Choose water over alcohol or glycerin if you can, but we're talking traces of alcohol or glycerin in a single drop.
  #192   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-16, 00:36
Registered Member

Stats: 258.4/241.4/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi folks....I'm back to induction and starting over....I'm excited!

If I remember correctly - and I did read through most of this thread - is the lettuce/salad/veggie total per day (on induction) generally about 3 cups? I know that it depends on what types of veggies but I'm thinking it could be like 2 cups of salad then 1 cup of veggies. Or 2 cups of veggies and 1 cup of salad/lettuce. If that's true it doesn't seem like much. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  #193   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-16, 07:14

BF:

You are right - 3 cups of induction veggies (2 from the salad list and 1 from the other veggie list or 3 from the salad list) don't amount to much!
I've just completed a "clean induction" week on another board and the veggies really seemed sparse after eating at a much higher OWL level for many years.
You can make it seem more substantial and get maybe 12 net carbs from them by choosing something like sweet red peppers (about 7 net carbs per cup) or onions (11 net carbs per cup) instead of chewy water (aka lettuce) for your 3 cupsworth.
  #194   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-16, 12:26
Registered Member

Stats: 164/152/135 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph48
Did anyone answer the stevia question? Personally I'm good with the Splenda, but it's a curiosity Q.

"Stevia is an all-natural sugar substitute which has been used in South America for centuries. Very recently Stevia Extracts of high purity have been approved in the European Union, United States and Australia for foodstuff purposes.

There have been more than 200 scientific studies conducted, all of which have confirmed the safety of Steviolglycosides. In Japan it has been one of the leading food sweeteners since the 1970s with a market share of 25-40%. This plant has also long been used by native South Americans for a variety of uses.

Components of the Stevia Plant

The most important components of the plant are the glycosides, molecules that are 250 to 400 times sweeter than sugar. They also have the added benefit of being non-caloric. They are completely soluble in water what makes the extraction of these components from the leaves easy and natural. The two most important glycosides are Stevioside and Rebaudioside-A and are also heat-resistant up to 200°C. It is these two components that are critical to creating commercial Stevia products.

The dried leaves of the Stevia plant are 15 to 30 times sweeter than that of cane sugar. Steviol Glycosides are what makes the sweet taste on the Stevia plant leaves. The two components that comprise the sweetness of the plant each have their own unique properties.

Stevioside is more heat resistant than Reb A, but has a slightly bitter aftertaste. Rebaudioside A or Reb A is sweeter and doesn’t have an aftertaste. There are also other glycosides present in Stevia preparations such as Rebaudioside C (R-C), Dulcoside A, Rubusoside, Steviolbioside and Rebaudioside B (R-B).

Reb C also contributes to a bitter aftertaste and for this reason, Stevia should have over 90% Reb-A to reduce this taste. Reports also state that certain acids will reduce lingering taste of Stevioside. They include citric acid, acetic acid, lactase acid, malic acid and tartaric acid.

Stevia is unique from all other sweeteners and is definitely a tasty alternative to sugar. This all-natural sweetener enhances the sweetness of foods and beverages without the addition of calories, making it an amazing plant to have in our midst. While it has been readily available in many countries for years, the recent push towards organic products is inspiring consumers to seek wider availability of Stevia products."

Stevia is great and contains Zero carbs and is all natural. Important thing is to source it from a quality manufacturer. I order mine from www.stesweet.com they are a German company but there is an English option on the site
  #195   ^
Old Mon, Feb-29-16, 22:43

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 215/213/175 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress:
Smile New member

great list! helpful