Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 21:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 288/231/145 Female 5"5
BF:42%
Progress: 40%
Default Curves Curves Curves

I finally found where I can talk about my new joy.Curves.I have been going for 1 month.I go M-F and i enjoy every minute.I had my first weigh in and I lost 5.25 pounds and 11.75 inches.I was a little disappointed with the low weight loss but I kept telling myself 11.75 inches.The lady told me that this happens a lot when someone first starts to exercise.Does anyone know if that is really true?I need some assurance.I still have close to 100 pounds to go to get to mt goal.I am doing atkins and I am sticking to it faithfully.Help me to believe that it true.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 06:23

Also I am starting a team in the triple digits club.If anyone is up for the support and challenge come on over and join.It would be great to be able to talk about Curves and our diets there.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 19:04

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

this new thing curves is a big everywhere now a days. when you exercise your building muscle and muscle can weight more that losing but your are losing inches!!!!!! that is the best thing to lose inches. you will lose weight too!!! keep up the good work. sue
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 20:08
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylist
I finally found where I can talk about my new joy.Curves.I have been going for 1 month.I go M-F and i enjoy every minute.I had my first weigh in and I lost 5.25 pounds and 11.75 inches.I was a little disappointed with the low weight loss but I kept telling myself 11.75 inches.The lady told me that this happens a lot when someone first starts to exercise.Does anyone know if that is really true?I need some assurance.I still have close to 100 pounds to go to get to mt goal.I am doing atkins and I am sticking to it faithfully.Help me to believe that it true.

Yeppers, it's true.

Bodybuilders who are already lean have to choose between fat loss and muscle growth, but "newbies" get the best of both worlds - you get to lose fat WHILE you build muscle. Enjoy it while it lasts

You will gain muscle more slowly than you will lose fat, and it will actually help keep the fat-loss train running. So, suppose you lose 10 pounds of fat and gain 2 pounds of muscle. 8 pound net loss, but 2 extra pounds of fat-burning engine.

That's how it works.
It's really true!

Good job.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 20:28

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 243/195/170 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Default Womens 30 minute circuit is the best....

I also began a 30 minute circuit training Sept 3rd, along with Atkins and I go 6 days a week, rain or shine to the gym. Put away the scale, because wow, I just had to buy pants in a size 12 from an 18 and shirts in a size 16 from a 24. The scale has me down about 50, but last time I fit into a size 12 I weighed 35 pounds less...making muscle is awesome...keep it up, I love it!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 07:05

Thank you so much you guys and gals.It relly made my day to read that you all know it's true.I do feel better than I have ever felt.And I know what you mean.I have a strech capri that I bought in an 18.I figured with the low loss I better keep it hung in the closet.Well yesterday I tried them an just to see how much more I had to go before I could wear them.They buttoned.I couldn't believe it.I even sat down right away to make sure I could.Needless to say I wore them to work yesterday.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 07:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylist
Thank you so much you guys and gals.It relly made my day to read that you all know it's true.I do feel better than I have ever felt.And I know what you mean.I have a strech capri that I bought in an 18.I figured with the low loss I better keep it hung in the closet.Well yesterday I tried them an just to see how much more I had to go before I could wear them.They buttoned.I couldn't believe it.I even sat down right away to make sure I could.Needless to say I wore them to work yesterday.
Success is trying even when you fail!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 08:57
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 256/233.6/150 Female 62 inches
BF:50
Progress: 21%
Question

I was also disappointed after my first month at Curves--4 pounds and 7 3/4 inches. However, I did drop 1% of my body fat. When I got home I did the math and realized I had actually lost 5.5 pounds of fat and gained 1.5 pounds of muscle! I am anxious to see results of my second month.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 12:30
Registered Member

Stats: 265/200/140 Female 5'5
BF:40.70%
Progress: 52%

Don't be disappointed about the weight loss - especially when you have lost in inches! Inches mean looser clothes!

I go in for my second weigh/measure in at Curves on Friday and I KNOW I've done well in the last month!

On my first weigh/measure in last month, I lost 4.5 lbs and lost about 5 inches everywhere. I wasn't the least bit disappointed. I'd rather lose - than gain!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 06:15

That is true.It is what I keep telling myself when I feel like I should have lost more pounds.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 15:43

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

I just joined curves. Started May3, and will have a weigh in on June 3.
I go 5 days aweek. do my 2 days of cardio .
I love it.
My sacle has not moved down since May 3. iam holding. hope i lose inches and lbs soon.
Do you gals go to the curves forum?? That is a great site on curves.
Do u gals have the tea shirts yet or the Curves Diane Mag.
My goal is to get those things.
It is nice to watch the tapes there too. on the machine.
I also do ab crushes at home.
we should get going a curves group to just talk about curves . take care
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 15:56

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Feel free to join us on the Curves Anyone? thread

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=86739

There's a bunch of us loyal Curves fans over there
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 17:28
Registered Member

Stats: 265/200/140 Female 5'5
BF:40.70%
Progress: 52%

I have a Curves t-shirt. I found a brand new one at the Goodwill a couple of months ago. Only paid $2 for it! I'll be able to wear it in a few inches/lbs!

They give out t-shirts to those who do 75 workouts. But I think you can buy them too. They have them on sale on eBay - and WOW the prices people will pay for a Curves t-shirt there!

I'd rather just find them at Goodwill, or maybe get a free one!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 19:45

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%

Hey nucklehead!!! So this is where you were hiding. I'm so glad you're here. To check out my convos and posts go to "Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support" and go to "Atkins" I'm all over there.

Hey everyone......this is my cousin!!!

Come by my journal and check out my fatty pic in my Gallery!!

Love ya!!

Cecelia
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 21:51
Curvyamy

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Wink T-Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey65
I have a Curves t-shirt. I found a brand new one at the Goodwill a couple of months ago. Only paid $2 for it! I'll be able to wear it in a few inches/lbs!

They give out t-shirts to those who do 75 workouts. But I think you can buy them too. They have them on sale on eBay - and WOW the prices people will pay for a Curves t-shirt there!

I'd rather just find them at Goodwill, or maybe get a free one!

I got mine for free for having a friend join!