Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 17:25
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddioM
Hi,

I really would like to use my journal to put ALL my thoughts.. the ones I want to share.. and the ones too private to share with anyone but myself (basically I want my journal to become my diary).....

.......so.. here is my request.... an "invisible" font that would appear to the thread owner (or post owner) only. That way I could put all my musings in my journal for later perusal and reflection. Right now.. I end up using the delete key a lot because I get going and go "whoops' that's too private for public consumption.

I know I could separate my thoughts.. public and private into different locations, but when I am using my journal as my way to capture my thoughts and attitudes, it really breaks things up to have to go to another document too.

I know this seems a little off the wall.. but I've seen lots of "edited posts" because people decided that what they put out there was not for public consumption. I think that even those darker posts are good for us to have to look back on to see how our attitudes have progressed over time.

Not off the wall, just seem a bit complex I'll have to think about this for a bit, but if you don't hear back on it, feel free to remind me.

The closest thing we have to this (which is close, but not exactly what you suggest) is the calendar, where you can set private events. Some use that feature as a private diary.

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 07:06
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Please(!!!) include ounces in the measurement choices for ALL foods

First let me say this is a fantastic new tool! You admins really outdid yourself and now I'm sorry I purchased FitDay.

Now, on to he the suggestions: Can you please include an ounce selection in the food catagories for ALL foods? I live in the US and weigh all my food on a scale that measures ounces. Typically the smallest ounce serving I consume is 4 -- but it would be nice to be able to use lower measurements; For example, sometimes I eat 2 ounces of blackberries and 2 ounces of strawberries. I'd like to be able to calculate the nutritional value specifically, rather than a generic "mixed berries" or assigning the whole meal to one berry or another.

Thanks! And thank you for this new tool!
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 07:08
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl
Now, on to he the suggestions: Can you please include an ounce selection in the food catagories for ALL foods? I live in the US and weigh all my food on a scale that measures ounces. Typically the smallest ounce serving I consume is 4 -- but it would be nice to be able to use lower measurements; For example, sometimes I eat 2 ounces of blackberries and 2 ounces of strawberries. I'd like to be able to calculate the nutritional value specifically, rather than a generic "mixed berries" or assigning the whole meal to one berry or another.

Should be coming soon

Wa'il
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 07:10
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Should be coming soon
Wa'il

Thank you so much!
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 09:38
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beans4me
When I add a new item, sometimes I forget to specify which meal and it is added to Breakfast. Is there a way to add a Move to Breakfast, Move to Lunch etc tab to drop down under *with selected items* ?

Yes, it's on my list of things to-do

Wa'il
Thanks Wa'il! I see it's there today!
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 09:56
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beans4me
Thanks Wa'il! I see it's there today!

You will also see on the fav list, other lists and the search/browse results page an option to add to any of today's meals. This has been suggested earler in the thread.

Wa'il
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 12:10
13.5 pounds to go!

Plan: GF, Mod. Carb
Stats: 375.5/163/160 Female 66"
BF:60/28/24
Progress: 99%

Not sure if someone else has already suggested this, but I'd rather be redundant than not ask

When entering a custom food, am I able to list the weight as Fluid Ounces? Sometimes I drink Atkins Shakes or the like, and can't get the weight correctly?

I might be doing something wrong....

Thanks Wa'il for such a great feature!!
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 12:18
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletmom
When entering a custom food, am I able to list the weight as Fluid Ounces? Sometimes I drink Atkins Shakes or the like, and can't get the weight correctly?

I'd love it do it, if there was a way to do it Fluid ounces weight differently, such a fluid ounce of honey, vs a fluid ounce of water, flour, etc.

See this thread for more details:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=233220

What I can do though, and have been thinking about, is add a little popup to help members convert fluid ounces to weight. With text listing the weight of one fluid ounce of water, or a cup of water, vs a cup of flour, honey etc. Say 5 items to compare to, based on what you're trying to enter. This should give a hint to get a good guess, but may not be accurate.

Wa'il
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 14:01

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

How about on our food list the individual food items and recipes be listed seperately? Not necessarily two lists, just have a bold heading like "recipes:" and then all our custom recipes are under that, and then "foods" or something in bold with all our custom food after that, kind of like the "bulk entries," "most recent" and "favorites" are listed now on the "Select from your favorites" list.

Hope that made sense...
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 14:06
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
How about on our food list the individual food items and recipes be listed seperately? Not necessarily two lists, just have a bold heading like "recipes:" and then all our custom recipes are under that, and then "foods" or something in bold with all our custom food after that, kind of like the "bulk entries," "most recent" and "favorites" are listed now on the "Select from your favorites" list.

Hope that made sense...

You mean in the "Quick Selection" box?

Wa'il
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 14:13

BF:

I actually meant on the "food list" page - but yeah, it'd probably be good in the food selection box too as sub-headings under "favorites"
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 14:28
Forum Founder

Quote:
I actually meant on the "food list" page - but yeah, it'd probably be good in the food selection box too as sub-headings under "favorites"

But the food lists are already divided into several sections, custom, recipes, recent, bulk and favs.

I must be missing something here What do you mean by "food list" page? If you cut and paste the link, I'll know exactly which list we're talking about.

Wa'il
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 14:40

BF:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.php?&do=favlist

Hope that shows up...

Anyway, I've only added one recipe, and that worked out great, but on the food lists page it just adds it with all the custom foods I added. Maybe this is just me being an idiot, ya never know.

The actual recipe is "macadamia nut crusted tilapia"
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 14:42

BF:

Nevermind.

I AM an idiot! I totally see where they're separated now!!

Sorry...
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 15:06
Forum Founder

Quote:
Nevermind.

I AM an idiot! I totally see where they're separated now!!

Sorry...

That's allright. But you weren't off the mark. Due to previous suggestions, most have requested that if they create a recipe or a custom item, they want them to automatically go to their favs list. Makes for less clicks to add items and have them show in the food entry page.

So even though recipes and custom items have their own lists, they initially are auto-added to favs.

So maybe we can add some sort of a tool tip, or a bracketed comment at the end, if the item on the favs list was from a recipe or custom item, like [recipe], [custom] at the end of the name, or an icon.

Maybe we can even add a settings option, so members can choose if they like the default behaviour of adding recipes and custom items to their favs, or leave as is for them to add manually.

Wa'il