Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 13:35

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default CAD focus group?

I'm sure no one will use it, but could we have a CAD focus group? It is pretty different from the others...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 14:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Why don't you start a thread in the Support and Focus Groups Forum for CAD and see what develops?

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 14:57
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

A few sub-forums for each distinct group of similar plans has always been in the back of my mind.

I thought of dividing up the forums as such:

1. General low-carbing (existing daily forum). For general lowcarbing issues, and the rest is for specifics.
2. Atkins and PP
3. Cad
4. Zone
5. Schwarzbein and Sommersizing
6. Bernstein
7. Neanderhin/Paleolithic
8. Others (and plan in this forum that develops it's own following, gets a new sub-forum of it's own).
I came close to doing this way, and then had second doubts.

What do you guys think?

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 15:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I think dividing things up promotes growth. There will always be some people who are more comfortable with only one or two places to post, but I think people will gravitate to small groups if given an option.

I'd suggest making Protein Power separate from Atkins. As one who's done both, they are different. I'm rereading PPLP right now, and it's more obvious to me than it was the first time I read it how different they are.

Karen's "start a thread and see if it grows" idea is a good one too. Can you do a search on profiles and find out how many people are doing what? I haven't noticed many Zoners (but I may have missed them).

(I also think Schwarzbein is quite different from Sommercising.)

I'd post in a Protein Power forum and read the others for info, for what that's worth
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default interesting....

I'd like to suggest the current Daily LowCarber become LowCarbing General, in principle (needn't even change the name), as you've suggested Wa'il, with specific Plan subforums beneath that as the threads arise...

I think I'd agree on generally not combining Plans in subForums (for instance, Somercising "takes from" basic Food Combining and goes from there, as does Montignac, and has been somewhat 'endorsed' by Schwarzbein) ... but adherents to the different plans would probably prefer their own Forum and "combiners" like myself would probably be fine posting in the "parent" Daily LowCarber...

My CA$0.25
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 18:52

BF:

I'd second that suggestion. Making the special plans subgroups of the Daily forum would make them easier to find, and keep the group together.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 12:17

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%

I think separating the Daily Low Carber into plans is a good idea, while still keeping the main forum for general issues. In the meantime, I'll start a CAD thread like Karen suggested.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 21:16

BF:

Thank you, Wa'il! I think the new forums look terrific. AND you even thought to move in appropriate posts, so no one will get lonely. Thank you.