Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-18, 10:13

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Slightly off topic, but do any of you ever feel judgmental about successful low carbers who are quite knowledgeable about this WOE, yet they still end up finding the slippery slope only to regain some or all of the weight lost? I'm not talking about newbies just starting out nor people who have every intention of returning to "normal food" after reaching goal. I'm talking about those who have committed to making this a permanent lifestyle, yet end up regaining weight (whether it involves "cheating" or not). Someone like me, for example.

Hopefully critical rather than judgmental--most obvious example, Jimmy Moore. He did his version of nutritional ketosis for a full year. It worked, for a full year. Then he changed a bunch of stuff, and said, stress is making this not work any more. Keto doesn't work for me without a kitchen scale.

I'm not saying other stuff doesn't happen and that this approach will get everyone where they want to go, just that you can't be certain that something stopped working for somebody unless you're certain they kept doing the same thing, what justifies criticizing Jimmy Moore in this for me is that people might take this "experiment" as evidence against an approach that Jimmy hasn't applied consistently. I don't think he even has to cheat--for me, just not measuring my heavy cream can get me in trouble. I can easily eat 2000 calories or so a day, feel satisfied and not gain weight, but I can easily take in an extra cup of heavy cream in a day in my coffee, almost half again the calories, without feeling stuffed.