Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 15:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/CALP
Stats: 143/140/125
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking 141 lb looking to be 125

Ok I think it would be great to have a buddy with similar goals to encourage me in this #2^%* process!! I have been on Atkins for a week now. Lost 2 lbs. I have the CADLP book and have been telling myself that this Friday I start this program. I really think I need some normalcy in my life to make this work. I am 44 and pre-menopausal (I think!) I know some of my weight gain has to do with my age and also Boredom. When I am bored I tend to eat. Anyone out there with similiar problems?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-30-02, 20:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 145/120/105
BF:
Progress: 63%
Smile

Hi Barb,
If you still would like a buddy, I need one too! I'm Pat from
Quebec, Canada. I need to loose about 15 more pounds to
get to 120lbs. I'm 34, married and have a 12 year old daughter.
I started CAD 2 weeks ago and have lost 10lbs so far. Its been
tough and I'm tempted by eating out and desserts. Have you started yet? How's it going?

Pat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 08:54
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Pat

Would love a buddy!! I started Atkins on 19 April, my clothes feel better but the weight loss fluctates 1 -2 lbs. I was kinda hoping for more but there is progress!! I plan on starting CALP friday, kinda scared though. What do you eat typically for your reward meal? Do you feel guilty? Don't worry we will get to our goal weight!!!

I have 4 kids. Jessie 15, Sara 13, Brian 10 and Brittany 12(My daughter by marriage and choice!) All great kids. I am very lucky!

My husband is TDY to Edmonton Canada for 2 months. He called yesterday and said it was snowing. In Nevada it is 75-80 degrees right now. What a difference!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-01-02, 20:26

BF:

Hi Barb,
I started April 17, this is my second time around. I fell off the wagon about 2 years ago. Then I gained 5 pounds within 2 weeks (lately) and said enough was enough. I didn't like the way I was starting to look like in the mirror. I'm only 5'1" so 145lbs is too heavy. My husband has been good about my weight gain. He didn't tell me get on a diet or else. He some what hinted that I was gaining. I think he wanted me to decide when it was time to do something about it. Which is only true, you will only do it if you are doing it please yourself and not someone else.

I too am fluctuating 1-2 lbs, I think that I'm retaining water due to that time of the month coming up. I try not to let that bother me to much, it will soon pass. I have both Dr. Atkins and CAD. I sort of use both of them. I try not to eat any carbs during the day, but sometimes its next to impossible. For my RM, I usually start with about 2 cups salad with dressing, watered down abit. That way it doesn't stick to one piece of lettuce. Then I try and have a small portion of low carb veggies, and approx. the same size for carbs, such as pasta, unless I really want a special dessert, and around the same size portion of protein, like chicken, pork or beef. Some times I will have a hot dog with the bun, after my salad of course and some low carb veggie. The main part is balancing everything.

Four kids around the same age! Oh my! Sounds like fun
I only have one, but have many animals to make up for any missing children. I also have 10 neices and nephews.
You're so lucky to live somewhere warm. Its not that cold here, could be warmer though. Nevada would probably be better for me and my allergies. Well, go to go, its late here. Have to get to bed. Bye for now

#5   ^
Old Thu, May-02-02, 15:11
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Pat

I have been going back and forth on changing to CALP tomorrow. Since I have only lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks I am really unsure. Someone said that I should try one more week in induction. What do you think?

You mentioned "many animals" What do you have? I am a complete fool for my Basset Hounds. I have 4.

Hope you have had a good day
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 11:29

BF:
Smile

Hi Barb,
Extremely busy here. I've finally moved the scale!! I've lost now a total of 15lbs. I can't believe it! How are you doing? Did you keep on with the induction? Or did you start CALP? I'm going to have to get myself a copy of that one. I only have CAD. I heard that its a lot easier to understand. Try them and see which one you're more comfortable with. I started with Atkins and then switched to CAD, but I still refer to Atkins from time to time. They are both on my kitchen table.

You have 4 basset hounds, they are so sweet looking. Such sad eyes! I have a german shepherd mix and a terrier/poodle mix. I also have two adopted cats, they were abandoned. One is white with black patches, she looks like a cow. She's overweight also. She was like that when I got her. The other is a tabby but instead of stripes on her sides she has swirls. Really neat, but she's a b*&$#~. She was born in the wild. The german shepherd mix was also abandon, I think he was also beaten. He never likes my husband to raise his hand. He's good though.

Talk to you later, I'm off to a bowling banquet tonight.

Pat
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-05-02, 10:03
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Hi Pat

Great Job!!!!! I wish I could say 135 right now! I did lose another pound though and a 1/2 inch on my waist. I am still on the Atkins/Barb Plan I picked up some Alkins Blueberry Muffin Mix and my daughter is making them for me now. Yummm!!!! My mouth is watering thinking about it. My girlfriend and I are taking our kids to Lake Mead today to soak up the sun and relax by the shoreline. Can hardly wait!!!

Pat your doing awesome!!! Keep it up!!!

Take care,

Barb
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 19:43

BF:
Cool

Geez, time does fly!! How's it going Barb? I've lost a total of 15 lbs since I started this WOL. I feel great and have more energy then before. Old clothes are starting to fit!! The weather here is horrible, haven't had a decent day yet. Still cold here only 51!
How were the Atkins muffins? Would you recommend them? Have you tried anything else from Atkins? Hope you're having a great weekend. Keep in touch!!

Pat