Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 02:21
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Question Reached my goal! Now what?

Hey everyone,

My goal four months ago was to lose 40lbs and weigh a total of 155lbs. I reached me goal!! Now what? In order to start eating bread, pasta, etc do I have to be going to the gym? The gyms is pricey. It is about $350 for 1 year. Help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 05:58
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

hi Bob,

Atkins is pretty clear about Maintenance in the New Diet Revolution book (you ARE following Atkins, right??) Just as you increased carbs from Induction to Ongoing Weight Loss level in 5 gm increments, you follow the same procedure now, and monitor your progress to make sure you're maintaining your goal weight. So, increase your carb intake by 5 grams a day for a week, then add another 5 grams a day for another week, and so on, as long as you're maintaining.

My suggestion would be to start by increasing the vegetables and fruits, add some whole grains and beans/legumes first ... before having the daily servings of sugary things or refined white bread, white rice etc.

I suspect too, that you still have a bit of height to grow yet, so your weight will reasonably be expected to go up over the next couple years just from skeletal mass...

Keep us posted, Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 11:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up Way to go!!!

Wow, congrats, AfroBob! Wish I had your problem! Do keep us posted on your experience with maintenance; you can help us get ready for when our time comes!

Rachel
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 11:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

congratulations afrobob! wow! goal! what an accomplishment for you! i'd stay away from refined carbs, like white bread, pasta and rice forever. they're nasty foods! i'm sure you'll do great on mainenance!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 11:57

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking Just like Doreen say's..

A man usally STOPS loosing weight around a 100 carbs...a women around 30-35...my hubby reached his goal so fast!!! So we jumped him up to the 100 carbs...he still lost...so we went up to 120 {only because he was still losing fast...and it would be okay to gain some back!} That pretty much stop it!! You will have to play and keep an eye on it to find YOUR stand still!!

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! I BET YOU FEEEEEELLLL SO MUCH BETTER!

LRRAINE