Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Have you ever ate something *illegal* while reading this site?
Yes 67 38.73%
No 106 61.27%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 20:43

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Wink Question for Cheaters - Have you ever came on this site, while cheating?

I can't be the only one who has done this....lol

I eat at the computer. (Not a problem or anything like it is when people snack at the tv) and sometimes when I have gone off track and ate something disgustingly high in carbs (but ..but ) I've read the board while eating to get some sense knocked back into me... Sometimes it works, Sometimes it dosen't because then I feel guilty.

k I just reread that and I sound psychotic...

but has anyone else ever done this? I even made it a poll so its anonymous !

Last edited by SlimShAdY : Fri, Apr-04-03 at 23:24.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 22:09

Plan: Body Ecology Diet
Stats: 176/165/145
BF:?
Progress: 35%
Talking

Are you trying to temp me into hubbies Paul Newman chocolate chip expresso cookies while he's not here to stop me????

Ahhhhhhh
WHAAAAAAAAmbulance please!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 05:02
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default No

Not because i haven't had my fair share of cheating these last few months but I avoid this site while being bad and come back once I've gotten it together

Kinda reminds me of church...if you know what I mean lol
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 16:14

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Default Re: No

Quote:
Originally posted by BeccaResRN
Kinda reminds me of church...if you know what I mean lol

lol good analogy. I didn't think of it like that before, but ya that sounds about right.

I didn't mean to be a rebel lol
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 16:33

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%
Unhappy If it wasn't for this site.....

.... I'd be forgetting to stop cheating! Really this support group has helped me more than anything to stop the cheating ways. I used to only be able to "diet" for about 3 months a year, I have been more stable with it since finding this group than any other time of my life!

Thank God for all of you!

You all help me back to "Center"!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 20:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 197/190/120
BF:
Progress: 9%

I just had 4 bites of ice cream.

Damn period. I also had 4 bites of cake earlier and 2 of a sticky bun.

So I cheated while I still had this site open on my computer.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 21:48

Plan: none right now
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Well I'm definitely in this category. I did a 'trial' of PPLP for 3 weeks in Jan02. It was great!--in 9 days, at least several major health ailments just vanished (allergies, severe asthma, acid reflux, much of the sleep apnea 'degree', aching knees, etc.), I lost size measurably, I had lots of energy--but the complete disorganization in my life (so little time I was sleep deprived--so planning, cooking, preparing, were out of the question) made it impossible to do well.

So I figured well, I'll just have to wait till I can arrange my life to make it happen. <b>I believe that nobody stays on a diet or eating plan unless they are really ready to do it. Part of the indicators that a person is ready is that they make room in their life.</b> They make TIME for planning, cooking, storing, preparing, eating multiple meals a day. They make EFFORT to deal with family and friends who, while spending every moment "actively worried" about their weight killing them, will then sabotage their every sincere effort to deal with it that doesn't match their low-fat high-carb concept of 'diet'.

I "lurked" (read but didn't post) in here maybe once every two weeks, and maybe a year later decided I was going to finally do it. De-lurked early to try and get my enthusiasm up, but had to decide I clearly wasn't ready, since I still couldn't get my life act together to facilitate the WOL's needs.

(I don't believe in yo-yo dieting. After one brief but serious attempt, following gaining over 200lbs in 2 years age 24-26, I never dieted. The women in my family, most 100+lbs overweight, have at least 150 years of historical 'research' into how to diet every day of your damn life and still be obese. I didn't feel like walking that road so once I got over the suicidal impulses I just shrugged and went on with my life, determined not to worry too much about it.)

So I went back to lurking. I still read the boards, maybe once every month or two, particularly Triple Digits.

I saw a post on TD recently where someone said, where did all the people go from six months ago? And they all made this official statement about being committed. That's great.

But it was clear the previous time I'd been posting that people doing an LC WOL don't want someone hanging around if they are NOT on the line (and that's a GOOD thing), several comments made me feel really guilty and embarrassed about it. Of course that's not bad, that is the kind of get-off-your-butt encouragement people need!, this IS after all support for low-carbers! So I'm not griping, at all. I felt it was likely appropriate and I had no right to be here.

But it made me feel like a prostitute in church. LOL. Hanging out like nothing is wrong, and like nobody should mind.

The sad thing is that after a long time of reading (and sometimes posting) here for 1.5 years now, I got genuinely affectionate about some of the people I was talking to and reading from. So in a way I felt like I was sort of losing some friends, not forever, just... until I could rejoin the church LOL.

So since then, I just lurk. My eating is much closer to LC than it ever has been in my life -- a great deal of my eating is stir fry, and some of Karen's awesome recipes, occasionally a protein shake, but I am not at all on an LC eating plan.

Now over time, since the first time I tried it, I've managed to come by a whole lot of tools that would have made it vastly easier to begin with. Crock pot, meat slicer, bar blender, food processor. (I hear the vacuum sealers can keep a salad fresh for over a week -- that might be useful!). I had a major problem when I did the eating plan, of my ingredients going bad in the fridge before I got to them, then not having something critical for what I wanted to make, and ended up eating LC junk--pepperoni and cheese, bacon, processed meats, peanut butter, all kinds of crap that technically kept my numbers right but did zip for my health. Which to me is an equally serious issue as weight itself.

I really believe now that semi-workaholics like me really need to do some bulk cooking and freezing and menu planning, and have basically 2 weeks+ of food except the fresh stuff ready before they begin. Otherwise, time/convenience ends up killing the eating plan, or in my case usually just doing without food altogether which isn't right either. It's pathetic to not 'give in' to carb cravings and to have spent a long time getting educated about something and yet to blow the eating plan because you haven't planned/shopped/prepared and have to either starve or eat something high carb (because your low carb stuff has perished in your fridge--damn I hate the perishable nature of most the food on this plan!).

Anyway. So yeah, I read the board when I'm "cheating", if not being on the plan at all counts as cheating. But I think like Becca says, most people who 'leave' here do it because they're not on the WOL and they don't feel comfortable.

PJ
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:20

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

i just went through a major binge... lasted a week... and chatted on here everyday... lol i guess im rebelious...
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 05:35
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default No

You are just better than me...when cheating, off plan or binging, I always have this head in the sand approach and I don't I don't weigh I haven't gained...and if I don't come here then I don't have to think about what i am eating and doing.

when you see lapses in my journal you almost always see then next post that I fell off and I am up in weight....lol

I keep trying and thats whats important
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/139/120
BF:36%/29%/18%
Progress: 60%
Default My Confession

I was here last night, posting away, with half a slice of white bread with peanut butter and jam . Back to induction for me .
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 05:07

Stats: 230/209/130
BF:
Progress: 21%

Been good so far! Actually, being on computer keeps me from thinking about food.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 06:36

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/115/105 Female 60 inches
BF:40%/25%/18%
Progress: 78%
Default That's me!

I haven't officially started yet, but here I am, all inspired by this site, and I'm in middle of polishing off an entire loaf of bread! Yuck!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 15:05
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I can't say I have ever cheated while on here. I've only had one 2 or 3 day period where I did cheat, and it was this past weekend. I was either on my way out of town or out of town, so I COULDN'T be here... otherwise, I probably wouldn't have cheated.

I knew I was going to give in and cheat some over the weekend, was even looking forward to it... but none of it wat that good.

Friday, my buddy and I (ok, so I refrain from calling him my "boyfriend", it's just because we have made such a point of being a couple withOUT being a couple... lol) got some takeout Chinese. I didn't do too bad, I got beef and brocoli and only took about 3 bites of the steamed rice... Oh, and I ate a fortune cookie (those were always a weak spot for me).

Saturday on the way to Columbus, OH, we hit McDonalds and he bought a big thing of chicken nuggets... I ate about 3 or 4 of them while I was driving. I did refrain from the BBQ sauce, even though I asked for it.

Saturday in Ohio... had a lemon shake-up at the convention... another one of those things I could never pass up. MEANT to take some splenday with me and have them make one with it instead of the sugar, but... well I forgot.

Sunday, still in Ohio, I had a smoothie to drink (banana, OJ, pineapple and coconut blended with crushed ice) I thought it would be really good, it smelled great, but... you know I really didn't enjoy it either.

Sunday, before we left Ohio, I ordered a ham and cheese omelette and OF COURSE didn't realize it would come with toast... so I ate one slice of toast with butter. I did pass on the jelly.

Overall, I don't think I really blew it or anything, I didn't break out the oreos or have a hot fudge sundae... I even avoided all the yummy looking pastries in the coffee shop. I guess I ate more like I was on maintenance than Ongoing weight loss, so I don't feel too bad.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 19:06

Plan: my own
Stats: 150/115/105 Female 60 inches
BF:40%/25%/18%
Progress: 78%

Now that I've started and am a week into induction, no - I haven't EVER cheated while on this site! In fact, I have not had the desire to cheat so far!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 04:01

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I once had a pastor tell me before that a person didn't have to have been perfect the week before to go to church on Sunday ... that the church was a hospital for sinners. I look at this forum as a hospital for LC'ers who need support, who can give support, who LC perfectly, who LC imperfectly and so on.

BUT I have such a guilty conscience that when I blow it badly, I stay away from the whole forum. I know if I were here, I would be ashamed of myself and get my butt in gear.

Here's to a cheat free journey for us!