Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 20:25

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinethery
Hey you all, I just checked on marksdailyapple and found a recipe for pumpkin pie using walnuts for the crust. I would prefer to use Splenda over maple syrup and HWC instead of coconut milk, but other than that, it looks like a great recipe.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-paleo-pie-crust/

That looks !!! I wish there were more recipes like this that were for only one or two servings. I like to have several dessert options available, but I'm the only one that eats lc! So far I have a pan of lc brownies and I'm about to make half a lc pecan pie and try to bake it in two mini cake pans. Fortunately the brownies will freeze.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 20:41
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles
That looks !!! I wish there were more recipes like this that were for only one or two servings. I like to have several dessert options available, but I'm the only one that eats lc! So far I have a pan of lc brownies and I'm about to make half a lc pecan pie and try to bake it in two mini cake pans. Fortunately the brownies will freeze.

It sounds like this recipe sometimes ends up making extra filling depending on what size pan you put it in. People have been cooking the leftover batter in ramekins. I am guessing that you could just do that from the beginning and just cook them in ramekins or a muffin tin maybe? You'd have to figure out the cooking time change but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

--Melissa
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 20:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melibsmile
It sounds like this recipe sometimes ends up making extra filling depending on what size pan you put it in. People have been cooking the leftover batter in ramekins. I am guessing that you could just do that from the beginning and just cook them in ramekins or a muffin tin maybe? You'd have to figure out the cooking time change but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

--Melissa

Do you think they would freeze well? Never thought of freezing pumpkin pie. Otherwise they would go bad before I could eat it all.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 21:01

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I have not been able to stay on plan the last few days. I have great thoughts of going into Thanksgiving and staying on plan, but since I'm not in ketosis, part of me says to, "just screw it." But, I don't want to gain any weight from the holidays. Am I going to be able to jump back on the wagon with all that temptation hovering around?

While I'm pondering tomorrows meals, I'm going to go boil some eggs to make deviled eggs and make ham roll ups for tomorrows meals.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 21:20

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Yes. You can stay low carb tomorrow with all the temptation hovering around. Think of the progress you've made so far. One more day off plan is one more day undoing that progress and increases the odds of letting it go one more day and one more day. Also - think about the yummy higher-fat foods you can eat tomorrow if you stay away from the higher carb temptations.

Just my two cents ...
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 21:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsybyrd
Yes. You can stay low carb tomorrow with all the temptation hovering around. Think of the progress you've made so far. One more day off plan is one more day undoing that progress and increases the odds of letting it go one more day and one more day. Also - think about the yummy higher-fat foods you can eat tomorrow if you stay away from the higher carb temptations.

Just my two cents ...

Your two cents is appreciated, I think I just wanted someone to tell me what I already new, makes me feel better.
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 22:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2
part of me says to, "just screw it." But, I don't want to gain any weight from the holidays. Am I going to be able to jump back on the wagon with all that temptation hovering around?

Part of me says "just screw it" too! I've had some major stress this past week and it's not going to end until the 1st. I didn't get near as much done today as I'd planned and the fudge I've eaten every year that I can remember as long as I've been alive is very tempting. But I CAN'T do it! I've got to hold my ground. I CAN NOT gain and have to re-lose it all over again.

My goal is not to not gain weight over the holidays. You can be eating totally on plan and still gain a couple of pounds over-indulging on completely legal foods. My goal this year is to STAY ON PLAN AND EAT ONLY LEGAL FOODS. Even if I over-indulge and gain a couple of pounds this will not cause me to go into an all out carb fest and completely off plan as in past years.

I can do this legally and so can you!!!! Think of all the progress you have made! Don't lose ground just because of a day. I'm rooting for you and me and everyone else here to stay legal and on plan tomorrow. WE CAN DO IT!!!
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 23:25

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

I'm not going to be perfect tomorrow. I'll have a glass of wine and a half-serving of an off-limits dessert. Other than that, it seems like there will be plenty of food to stuff myself with but not get in trouble at the same time :-)

Happy Thanksgiving all!
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-11, 01:05

Plan: NANY
Stats: 330/281/170 Female 64.5 inches
BF:Mostly Fried Foods
Progress: 31%

Pumpkin, apple, and pecan pies all freeze very well, and you can buy small tins for making small-serving pies. Heck, just spend the 50 cents or whatever they cost these days on those frozen Swanson turkey pot pies and dump out the pot pie...voila! Perfect pie tin for two servings. Restaurant supply houses sell them but you'd have to buy 500 in a pack.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-11, 23:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakepro
Pumpkin, apple, and pecan pies all freeze very well, and you can buy small tins for making small-serving pies. Heck, just spend the 50 cents or whatever they cost these days on those frozen Swanson turkey pot pies and dump out the pot pie...voila! Perfect pie tin for two servings. Restaurant supply houses sell them but you'd have to buy 500 in a pack.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Thats a really good idea!! I've seen the small tins at Wal-Mart but didn't look at the prices. If its cheaper though, dumping out the nasty pot-pies is a great idea.

Well, this Thanksgiving day is almost over, but I'm sure the festivities is not. I have 2 more family gatherings to attend. I didn't have any problems and stayed on plan today, how did everyone else do? I think a goal to not gain is a great goal and one I am going to stick to.

I also think, (at least in my families) desserts is falling to the way side. Somebody still makes a pie or two, but there not eaten like they used to be. I think more and more people are becoming aware of the food even during the holidays. My mother served a pumpkin pie and a mixed fruit bowl. One piece was taken of the pie, the mixed fruit was cleaned up, not a strawberry left. People are making better choices, I'm glad to see that.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-11, 02:02

BF:

We had two hc pies and a fresh fruit salad...only ONE person ate pie. The fresh fruit salad was more popular!
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-11, 09:43

BF:

My mom made the fruit salad thinking I would be able to eat it. SInce I wasn't on plan the last few days, I didn't think it was a good idea. She was realy upset, thought I should get to have dessert. What should I HAVE to have dessert? Thats crazy, by the time most people get to dessert, there full anyway.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-11, 12:08

Plan: NANY
Stats: 330/281/170 Female 64.5 inches
BF:Mostly Fried Foods
Progress: 31%

Well, since the title of this thread is, "Thanksgiving (US) is coming... Looking forward to cheating" and the thread is located in the Confession Booth forum...I'm happy to share the culinary delights I enjoyed yesterday.

I had gorilla bread (our traditional holiday breakfast), honey-baked ham, fried turkey, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, green bean casserole, broccoli-cheese casserole, cornbread dressing, mac n cheese, sweet potato casserole, croissant rolls, double-layer pumpkin pie, chess squares (like brown sugar brownies), ginger-sour cream coffee cake, and canned cranberry sauce. I had a few bites of everything throughout the day and it was WONDERFUL! I think everything tasted so much better this year than any other year before. Everything was from scratch (even the broth for the dressing and gravy) except the pie crusts and croissant rolls.

Today my goal is to have the buttery-est grilled cheese sandwich on some crusty, yeasty sourdough bread and some homemade croutons made of the same bread, loaded with butter, EVOO, and herbs. I'm all about the bread today. Then back on the wagon starting at bedtime tonight. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!