Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 04:16

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Saturday - Feb 7

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome who are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

My menu was OK yesterday - calories were good. Intentionally added carbs as I plan to do a short hike today - the first real hike since my surgery. Past experience has shown that my ketone levels maintain better with exertion if I go a bit heavy on the carbs the day before and the day of exertion. I have a metabolic disorder that requires I monitor my level of ketosis and modify my carb intake - this is not part of the PP WOE. Forgot to weigh this AM.

Still watching my calorie per pound intake to try to drop another 5 lbs or so by about March 15. Calories per pound 1770 / 176 = 10.05 (aiming for around 9 to 10)

Total calories: 1770
Fat: 86 gms 773 cal 45%
Sat: 42 gms 375 cal 22%
Poly: 10 gms 92 cal 5%
Mono: 26 gms 234 cal 14%
Carbs: 77 gms 246 cal 14% ECC: 62 gms
Fiber: 15 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 173 gms 692 cal 40%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham, 1 ozs cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
2 cups lower-fat spinach salad (3 cup spinach leaves, 1/3 cup french onion dip instead of mayo - 2 T Parmesan cheese & 1 t dried onion flakes added)
Grilled cheese sandwich - 2 slices LC bread with 1 oz cheddar cheese - small amt of butter painted on bread before grilled in T-Fal skillet

Dinner:
6 ozs chicken breast
1.5 cup LC stir-fry veggies
.25 cup peppers & onions
1 T butter, .25 cup soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and a couple of pinches of dried red pepper
RobNJ's chocolate Mousse - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder, 1 oz sour cream (Rob uses kefir), I add some liquid splenda and a splash of vanilla flavoring to tweak for my family's taste.

About 60 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 06:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, you lucky dog-hiking? The only hiking I will be doing today is between my apt and my car It's supposed to get very windy and cold here again.

Lissette is back I was SO happy to see you post. I know you have a lot on your plate but anytime you need to laugh , cry or make an idiot out of yourself, well-we're here

OK, half pound down and an inch off my thigh (ok, so I only measured one, haha)Yesterday was my exercise day off, I will start again today.

A senior moment-this weekend the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan 40 YEARS AGO!!!! Yikes!!!

Elaine
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 07:35

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi! We had a snowstorm yesterday and it took me 2 1/2 hours to get home from work. I was so exhausted, I just sank into the couch with a large Irish Whiskey. I know. I had gone for several days without. None for this weekend.

BTW, anyone know how difficult it is to try to type with a kitten laying over the keyboard and licking my hands?

I am so angry! I'll vent for only a minute, so bear with me. I had Service Master out this past Thursday to clean 4 chairs and a couch. I called them because they're professionals and I would be assured of a good job.

Every single piece of furniture they touched is in worse shape than before they came!

I have 2 off-white chairs that were a little dingy. No spots or stains, just dingy. So now they look like someone dumped several pots of coffee all over them! The off-white couch has a huge stain (like 12 inches across) on one cushion that wasn't there before. Then there are the 2 red chairs in another room that have smaller, but very noticeable stains on them now.

I called first thing this morning and told them everything. Honestly, the two white chairs look like they're ruined. They said they'd be here first thing Monday morning to look at everything. I won't be here, but DH will be, and he can be a bugger. I got out the original receipt on the chairs ($1600) for the claim. If they can't get the stains out to our satisfaction, they are refunding the entire cleaning fee (a total of $235) PLUS reimbursing us for the replacement value of the chairs.
m777777777777777777777,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,

(That was Merry's contribution.)

Gotta run. Will try to pop back in later.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 08:13

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

“What sort of equipment do you plan to use - backpack? tent or tarp or combo? water filters or iodine or boiling? boots or running shoes?
And you thought you had questions”

Orang….
<laughing> I have no clue yet…

Oregon is a beautiful state. Anytime you want to come give me a call. There will be a warm place for you to stay.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 09:18

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

We had to abort the hike - the area we planned to hike in is experiencing severe flooding (Kat - I was planning to hike out of your old stomping grounds - Frozen Head Park toward the firetower above Petros - part of both Highway 62 and Highway 116 are under water - can't get in from either direction - bet the waterfalls would be awesome if I could reach 'em )

So, with deep snow advisories to my north and east and flooding to my west and south --- retail therapy is in order -- we are going looking at ultralite equipment and maybe walking a trail if the wind dies down - it is snowing and very windy here.

Last edited by Orang : Sat, Feb-07-04 at 09:20.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 10:23

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Gm all...I'm having a much better day today! I'm ready to tackle the experimenting regime and see what happens. I'm also going to do some reading...Insulin Resistance Diet. I enjoy reading all the low carb books and seeing what they have to say! I also got a low carb cookbook from the library and I will see if I can find a few new recipes to try out!

Bawdy...sry to hear about your chairs. We had a similar incident like that with our carpets. When they came back, they did manage to get the stains out that they had left! So hopefully that will happen to you, but it is frustrating!

Orang-sry about your weather. It's snowing and blowing here again today too! SPRING????....Where are you?????

Hi Blu and Ewinpa...hope your days are going great!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 10:24

BF:

I LOVE RETAIL THERAPY!

#8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 11:22

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

You WILL note, that Bawdy owns a full line of the t-shirts & sweat shirts that say:
"Veni Vidi Visa...I came, I saw, I shopped"

#9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 12:38

BF:

You're right, Rob! And not only that, I GOT THEM ON SALE!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 14:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Saturday

SNOW! In Chattanooga! I know this seems ho hum to you cold weather folks, but it is exciting to see snow here !!! None on the ground, yet, but it is a riot watching the dogs try to chase and catch the flakes when they go out You were all correct about the Malitol candy bar. Got the tummy upset from it! Will have to be more careful next time 'cause these are too good to pass up!
I am fixing Salmon tonight. Going to try it the way I saw in the store the other day. It was broiled in butter with a sf honey and crushed pecan basting sauce. The sample at the store was awsome...we'll see how MINE compares !
Everybody have a good day! Kat
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 18:45

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Has anybody been able to get into fitday's web site? I haven't for two day.<sigh>
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 20:51

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Bawdy - sorry about the chairs!! I know how that can be.....you trust someone to do what they advertise they do, and they do a terrible job!! Good luck on getting reiumbursed!! And.....I am with you retail therapy

Charrin - reading is always good, information is good. I am reading Dana Carpender's "How I Gave up my LF Diet and Lost 40 lbs". She is a great author, and so far I have gained some new information, such as that I really need to concentrate more on getting my protein in during breakfast......I am terrible about that!

Have a good nite all!

Robin

Last edited by RobinBeBe : Sat, Feb-07-04 at 21:08.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 21:23
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI Everyone...

Char-so glad you are feeling perkier! You mentioned the insulin resistant diet.. I am curious about that too.. and the book by Dr. B. as well, I guess a trip to the bookstore is in order! I love bookstores, libraries.. ::sigh:: I am a nerd.. lol! Oh and glad you tried the ice therapy..but sorry it didnt seem to help.. I think a visit to the Doc would be a good idea..

Bawdy-I do hope you get your chair fiasco taken care of! How disappointing!

Hiking: Made it up my flight of stairs to the office today without groaning.. yay..my thigh muscles are back from the killer day at the gym tues. ......does that count? GRINS!

Snow: Hubby and client said it was snowing here in Atlanta.. flurries.. I missed 'em... NO ..not really.. I am from Northern NY..been in GA for going on 6 yrs now..and do I miss the northern NY winter times? Driving in blizzards and shoveling and ice? NO..NO..NO!! emphatically NO! I lived in what is called the 'snow belt region' of the Adirondacks ...and we lived in snow from October(sometimes end of sept) til sometimes end of May! One week of summer!

Orang.. could you explain to me the calories per pound thing, and why? I am not sure how to do the percentages on my totals either.. can you see that I am not a math major? Blame it on the snow.. LOL!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 22:00

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hi all!!!

great news, my first week of PP and the weigh in was a success. 3 lbs down. (i am suspicious that it may have been a little due to the head cold though)

i may be the last one to post here tonight, 8pm on the west coast.... but hopefully you guys check out the day before like i do.

Katlynweb: if that salmon recipe turned out okay could you shoot it my way? i LOVE salmon and am always looking for new ways to prepare it. i have posted a couple of my salmon recipes over in the recipe section. lucky for me i live in a place where i can go catch it myself!!!

Bawdy: whereabouts in ME do you live? upstate, central?? i am from CT and as most people from CT do, vacation in ME quite a bit. my great grandfather built a cabin on Pleasent Lake, in East Otisfield, and i still go there every summer. i also have quite a few relatives in that region. boy, i have been to a lot of places in the United States, and Maine has to be my favorite place (at least the area around the cabin.

i also understand about the kitty who likes to be on the keyboard. mine likes to walk back and forth in front of the screen.

had a big cravings day yesterday afternoon, don't really know why. luckily i had some lc treats on hand so i didn't cave. i ate jello with whipped cream, AND a carbsmart ice cream bar!!!!

today seemed to be better though!! tried out tgi Fridays new menue. it was okay, i don't think it was anyting to rave about. but it was good for the price and a fun resteraunt to go to.

have a great whats left of a saturday night.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 23:51

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

I need chocolate