Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-19, 06:56

Plan: Keto
Stats: 117/110/85 Male 1.6 metres
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi

Hallo Low carbers, I am a newbie in this forum.I need some insight on how I can shed some pounds since I have a major wedding celebration coming up shortly.Also, I have a teenager daughter who is drifting towards obesity.I need a program that can guide her to her dream figure.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-19, 08:11

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

My advise: First step, Abstain from sugar; Table, Fruit, Processed Foods, Sweet Drinks

Is this something you think you and your daughter can do?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-19, 10:58

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

You have come to the right place. Lots of information on this board. ..browse through and learn. There are different low carb programs and folks are in various stages of losing and maintenance. I recommend Atkins and Dr. Westman's books for a good guide, but basically avoid carbs in all forms - no sugar, no bread, no pasta, no rice........avoid white foods like the plague.

Eat meats, fish, cheese, eggs, vegetables and soups made with same.

We have lots of recipes on this site and many others you can find online. Its really easy, you just have to shift your thinking.

Easy Examples are:

bacon and eggs for breakfast (or omelet with veggies and cheese)
cobb salad for lunch (with egg, avocado, cheese)
Steak , asparagus and salad for dinner

simple......

Good Luck! Keep posting.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-19, 12:12

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum, Collins6.

One of the key aspects of my own journey that comes to mind when I was starting out was sustainability. By that, I mean that whatever I wanted to do, it needed to be something that I felt I could do not just today, but again tomorrow. Maybe if you tell us a bit about your background and your living circumstances, the sorts of things you like and don't like and why, that might help inspire some new ideas that you can feel confident about carrying forward.

In any case, make yourself at home, and feel free to look around. There's no shortage of history, advice and friendships formed in between.

Good luck!