Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-05, 17:07

Plan: LC
Stats: 176/150/145 Female 5 feet 6
BF:
Progress: 84%

Since my last measurements 2 weeks ago I gained a bit on my chest and belly and lost a bit on my thigh... I think I'll not measure and weigh again until after my next TOM.

Slow Burn eating is going fairly well and fairly effortlessly. I am eating too much dairy, that's not good on Slow Burn and I have a really hard time not overeating nuts. I completely forgot my green drinks yesterday, not good, but today is a new day.

I am maintaining this 10lb loss easily eating and exercising this way. I want to lose 10 more lbs. If I get down to 62 kg I will buy myself a beautiful, expensive pair of Camper shoes.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 17:43

Plan: Organic/Dr. Berg
Stats: 239/201.6/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi Sandy,
Just came by to see how you are doing.........and you passed me up a long time ago! WTG girl, excellent progress!
  #153   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 17:44

BF:

ummm. Can you tell me a little about the slow burn?
  #154   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 14:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish
Hi there,
Congrats on getting into an 8!!woohoo! Have you tried on your bikini yet, bet you look great!

I've gained a bit. poop! but I'll never give up!

Thank you! Yes, I've tried it on. No, it doesn't look great.
That's a good attitude! Keep going!
  #155   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 02:01

BF:

My workouts are on my blog, but here is my weight and measurements.

68kg 150lbs

upper arm 12
chest 35.5
waist at belly button 36.5
hips at widest 39.5
thigh 24
wrist 6
ankle 9
  #156   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 02:10

BF:

A note about my weight and measurements.

Since October 3, 2005 I've lost
upper arm -.5
chest -2.5
waist at belly button-1.5
hips at widest-1.5
thigh+3

-2.5kg or -7ishlbs
  #157   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 17:51

Plan: No starch, no sugar...
Stats: 266/207/180 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hi Sandy,

Numazu is at the top of the Izu Penninsula - right at the foot of Fuji-san. I have been to Kamakura and seen the big Budda. Is your photo on your run blog near Endoshima?

Dr. Bernsteins is just a low carb low cal program. It is working well for me and I am looking forward to adding the gym in the next month.

How long have you been in Japan? How are you enjoying it?

My time there was really pre-Internet and I wonder if having access makes it easier or more difficult in a way. There was something really freeing about not being in touch with most of the world when I was there and yet there would have been tons of info (and shopping!) that would have been handy while I was there.

Have a great day. My very best wishes for your marathon!

SF
  #158   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 18:20

BF:
Default One more thing...

And what the heck on camper shoes???

S
  #159   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 11:46

BF:

Hey there,

Seven years?! Wow that is a long time! When are you planning to return to Canada and what part? I do have a couple friends who have stayed on there (10+) and married and had kids. I would love to go back for a visit and see friends, visit old haunts, eat soba and do a Ryokan and some onsens. I really loved my time in Japan and miss many things about it - and I was able to get so fit living there!!

I have not joined a gym yet but it is definately on the list. I am doing a Running Room clinic (did you know they have those on-line too?) and am buying a book (www.ballbearings.org)that is all excercise ball based exercises that I can do at home when I get back from running to at least get my core strength up. I love the gym so I am looking forward to getting there - it is a major component! You sound like you are really into running. I bet you would love the half - who cares how long it takes!!! You go, girl!

I do have mini-goals set - every five pounds. I had a manicure for the first five, I am going to buy $25 worth of Aveda hair product for the 10 pound marker and next week I should be shopping for a new ski coat (good sales right now!) as we are going skiing Feb. 20 for a couple of days at Manning Park. I am all about positive reinforcement! I looked at the Camper website and those shoes are really cute!!

Let me know how you make out with those shoes!

Stacy
  #160   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 14:59
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8
Progress: 0%

Quote:
How's South Beach going? I've heard it's less restrictive than Atkins,(induction anyway).
Hi Sandy, nice to hear from you!!! I haven't actually started the Beach yet, I was trying to clean out my fridge of Atkinsy type stuff and doing induction the Atkins way while I am doing it LOL. When I start SB, I think I'm going straight to Phase 2. With the exception of a couple planned splurges, I've been on induction since November & I'm sick of it.

Quote:
It's so much more productive, isn't it? I think most of us with weight problems berate ourselves relentlessly, it's a good step to try and be kind to oneself. I'm trying too, but it's a challenge at times.
It really is a challenge & it's way more productive when I can convince myself that what I'm doing is working LOL. I think what's really frustrating (for me personally) is seeing someone cheat, gain as a result & then within a day or 2, are back to where they were. I cheat/splurge and the resulting gain is not temporary for me at all. I also have to step back, give myself & good swift kick in the hiney & remind myself that the key word as I journey to a healthier me is exactly that...healthier, not whatever number the scale throws in my face. Regardless of what the scale says, I'm exercising regularily & I'm eating well and that's what's important. I still get a little frustrated when the scale refuses to cooperate with me, but I don't get depressed & angry like I used to. Now it's more like...<big sigh> & an 'Oh well' .

Quote:
Very cool about the bf/muscle measurements. do you have a special scale?
I use this online site that K posted a while back... http://www.linear-software.com/online.html#women (the scale for women is closer to the bottom of the page. I have no idea on it's accuracy, but it's noting changes to my body & that's good enough for me .

Quote:
I hope to see you on the Easter challenge. I'm not going for a weight loss goal, everytime I do I end up shooting myself in the foot, so I hope you'll think about stopping by there.
As you probably noticed already, I opted out of the new challenge. For some reason, the last one really stressed me out & I couldn't wait for it to be over. For some reason having to post a gain or not being able to post a loss made me feel like a loser (& not the good kind either LOL) & it was really cutting my self esteem down. I honestly couldn't tell you why as I'm in other challenges & they don't make me feel that way. I miss keeping up with you & the other regulars, but I'm finally (as I mentioned above) at a place where I'm content for the most part with my recent inability to lose weight. What did you decide to do as your goal?

Looks like you are doing great losing inches!!

How's CAD working out for you? I recently recommended it to someone & started contemplating starting that instead of SB. SB won out LOL.

Hope you had a great weekend!! If I remember correctly, timewise, it's Monday for you already.