Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2221   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-19, 05:39

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Will be doing rm brunch here at home, no church today, no going out, roads are a mess, as is our property...iced trees, snow, wind and very cold.

Plan is for a breakfast sandwich made with a bagel, 2 eggs, slice of cheese, slices of avocado, ham and roasted red pepper. Coffee with half and half.

cm dinner will be slow cooker chicken with a cauliflower rice stir-fry.

Going to really enjoy our woodburning insert today - love watching one of our kittens, Ariel, stretch and roll, and make biscuits in the air as she enjoys the warmth of the fire. She is adorable!
Sponsored Links
  #2222   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-19, 05:41

Wobbled a bit around having surgery end of January, and dh being away on business. One week back.

I have Valentine's Day planned (staying home, we will go out when it's not the crazy busy it is on the actual holiday).

My DH is now following the Keto diet, so my menu for the day is planned around that.

Breakfast cm that day will be my current usual - 2 eggs with a cm sausage patty and a sauteed mushroom.

If I have lunch it will be cm hot dogs and green beans.

For RM - found some cm smoked wild salmon, am wrapping that around some dill cream cheese I am making up.
Tandoori Chicken Meatballs over zoodles, with a cucumber raita, then a serving of Lemon Sour Cream Bundt cake for dessert. This meal (with double the meatballs) is under 20 gms of carb, so works for my sweetie, and knowing me, instead of a 1/12th slice of cake, I will have a 1/6th and feel I had a great rm.

This is always a special time for us, as we got engaged the day after Valentine's Day - 24 years ago
  #2223   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 10:57

The Tandoori Chicken meatball recipe was so good, I now make them as chicken burgers, and we love them.

Enjoying the better texture of the cauli rice I can get at Costco, and exploring other lower carb meals for my husband who is doing keto and if.
Last night, I made Green Curry Chicken over cauli rice, and we loved it so much I am making it again for early this next week!

Today - 2 eggs over easy with sauteed mushroom and scallion, slice of cheese, and two slices of our homecured, sugar-free bacon. I LOVE making our own bacon, though as soon as I am done with our frozen side pork from the last half pig we bought, I want to make it with pork belly instead. Have a great recipe for making your own bacon if anyone wants it.

Hope anyone reading is doing well. I'm enjoying the "downtime" between cancer check exams
  #2224   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-19, 05:37

It's official, we love the recipe for the Green Curry chicken so much I am making it again next week - three weeks in a row for a recipe means it is really outstanding
Today is Friday, so for me it is a fish (no meat) day.

Plan is for breakfast to be my usual eggs with a sauteed mushroom and a slice of cheese melted atop the eggs.

CM lunch will be tuna with mayo and a stalk of celery.

RM will be fish with green beans, a small salad with dressing to start, for carb, a baked potato with butter. Coffee with half and half to cap it all off.

Easy peasey. Again, I have to ask myself, why do I ever stop?
Happy Friday to anyone reading.
  #2225   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-19, 05:40

Weight is dropping nicely - love "first weeks" though I am sad with how many of those I have had.

Today will be:

breakfast - 1 cm Jones pork patty, 1 egg cooked in 1.5 tsp. unsalted butter with 1 mushroom, 1 slice cheddar melted over the egg. 1.5 oz. half and half in my coffee.

lunch cm: 1 cm boarshead uncured beef frankfurter, 1/2 cup no-salt added green beans, plain.

rm: sushi, 1 cup riced cauliflower, 9 oz. raw weight chicken (combo of breast and thigh meat) baked, 1.5 oz. half and half in my coffee.

Need to push water today, feeling really thirsty and behind on water intake.
  #2226   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-19, 06:57

I had a nice loss for my first 6 days back on my plan of calp with a daily calorie restriction.

Todays breakfast - 1 egg with 1 cm jones pork sausage patty, 1 slice cheese atop the egg, 1 sautéed mushroom, all cooked in 1.5 tsp. butter with 3 tab. half and half in my coffee.

lunch cm will be: 1 cm boars head uncured beef frankfurter, 1/2 cup green beans, 1 oz. Cotswold cheese.

RM will be: 3 oz. spring greens mix with 1 scallion, 1 stalk celery, 1 serving of a Bolt yogurt based dressing, 1/4 cup snacking grape tomatoes, 1/4 large green bell pepper with 1 cup riced cauliflower and 5.7 oz. raw weight ground beef, 2 oz. milk chocolate, 2 tabs. half and half with my coffee.
  #2227   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-19, 09:41

Breakfast cm: 1 egg with 1 sautéed mushroom, 1 slice cheese melted atop, 1 cm Jones pork sausage patty, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

Lunch (decided to make my rm): 3 cups spring salad mix with 1 stalk celery, 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, 1 serving Bolt yogurt dressing. 8 oz. baked chicken breast, 1 cup riced cauliflower, 2 chocolate chip cookies. Coffee with 1 oz. half and half. All meds including a serving of Airborne Gummies.

CM dinner will be: 3 cm uncured beef hot dogs, 1/2 green bell pepper, a scallion, 1 cup no-salt added green beans and a slice of cheese melted over the veggies.

Hope anyone reading, who is on cad or calp, is doing well.
  #2228   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-19, 12:12

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts
Stats: 193/193/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi,
I have been all over the internet trying to decide on a diet that I can stick with and that will help me lose weight. I was trying to find something moderate. I am not good with extremes. The questions I keep asking myself as I read about different plans are "Could I do this for at least 6 days out of the week (I think I can motivate myself to make it to 7 days if I know I can go 6 days on plan)?" and "Would this be doable with my budget, work schedule, and social life?"

I tried to be honest with myself. I love the idea of keto, but right now I don't think I could do that. I certainly can't do vegan. I would be a bread eating fool...lol, but really, I don't think that life is for me. I read up on the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet plan. I see a mix of reviews at different sites. Some people swear by it and some people think it is ridiculous. To me it seems like it's moderate.

I am going to try it. I am going to give myself a 30 day goal. If I can stick with it at least 90% and I see at least a 2 lb weight loss, I will keep going. If it is too hard to stick with the rules or I don't see any physical changes, then I will move on.

If you have any tips, I would be glad to hear them.
-Janice
  #2229   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-19, 12:52

Hi Janice,

I remember browsing the CALP book (carbohydrate addicts lifespan program - which imo, is not just for the ages listed on the cover), and thinking, I can do this.

I love CALP. It works well with eating out, travelling, holidays, so long as you do some research and plan.

I can't comment much re cad because I didn't ever read that book, or follow that plan. I do highly recommend calp.

For me, best tips:
- a daily food log where you truly track what you are eating.
-pay attention to timing - no snacks or meals closer together than 90 minutes
- be sure to finish any meal within 60 minutes (there is a second insulin release at 70 minutes)
- understand what is and is not on the cm vegetable list.

- artificial sweeteners are not your friend (just an option in calp to cut them out but with good reasoning by the Hellers - upheld by research I believe since then.)
Balance that rm! It is not to be an all out carb fest for one hour, in calp, the deal is to start with a salad or have a double portion of a cm veggie, and that your plate/meal is 1/3 protein, 1/3 cm veggie and 1/3 your carbs.

Best wishes to you, CALP has been a lifesaver, leading to a huge weight loss for me once, and I'm on my way to doing that again (I flunked maintenance).
  #2230   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-19, 09:56

Food log for today - went out for brunch after church. Was all prepared based on restaurant I thought we were going to, dh pulled a surprise

So...had a 3 egg omelet with swiss cheese, mushrooms and diced ham, and 2 biscuits with 1 pat of butter. Half and half with my coffee. Short on veggies, plenty of protein, bit carb heavy.

cm dinner will be ground turkey burgers with 1 slice cheese melted atop, mayo, 1 cup riced cauliflower with 1/4 of a green bell pepper cooked in with it. Half and half with my coffee and daily supplements and meds.
  #2231   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-19, 14:15

BF:

Thanks Patricia!
I am going to order CALP from Amazon this week. My library doesn’t have a copy.

The only food missing from the CM list that makes me sad is avocado. The book is old, so I wonder if they would feel differently about it today.

Today I had 2 eggs, 1 oz cheddar, 1 oz ground beef, 2TBS onions all scrambled together for brunch. I also had coffee.

My dinner will be roasted chicken, gravy, parsnips, green beans, spring mix greens (w/ garlic, cranberries, pecans, balsamic dressing)
  #2232   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-19, 03:51

Janice, I just make avocado a loved part of my rm

Down over 2 pounds this past week (I do a 7 day average to get current weight, something that you will read about in the CALP book.)

Today's food will be:
breakfast: 1 egg with a slice of cheese melted atop, 1 sautéed mushroom, 1 cm Jones brand pork patty, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

Lunch: 2 uncured beef hot dogs, 1 cup green beans with a tsp. mayo and some curry powder - making a warm "green bean salad".

rm: 2 cups mixed baby salad greens with 1 scallion, 1 stalk celery, a serving of Bolt Yogurt Blue cheese dressing. 1/2 cup green beans. 8 oz. pork steak, baked.1 small éclair (from a multi-pack at Krogers, these are not mini's but not a "bakery" size large éclair either). 1 oz. half and half with my coffee, all meds and supplements.
  #2233   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-19, 17:03

BF:

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: chicken salad, cucumbers, sour cream
Snack: cheese
Dinner will be: shredded chicken thighs, cabbage w/ garlic, onions, ginger, soy sauce; banana
  #2234   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-19, 17:33

BF:

Today did not go as planned. Lunch was on plan, but dinner was totally unbalanced. I did eat it within the 60 minutes, but I felt crappy. I was really upset about something that happened at work. My emotions got the best of me. I can't let this happen again. The person who angered me did not feel any pain while I was eating all that junk. I only hurt myself.
  #2235   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-19, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmar43
Today did not go as planned. Lunch was on plan, but dinner was totally unbalanced. I did eat it within the 60 minutes, but I felt crappy. I was really upset about something that happened at work. My emotions got the best of me. I can't let this happen again. The person who angered me did not feel any pain while I was eating all that junk. I only hurt myself.

Yep, I can relate to that - re emotions. Good for you for recognizing that you only felt worse, and resolving to not feel crappy like that again.