Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 04:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/148/126 Female 5 feet 5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default homemade cheese spread!

Discovered this by accident!
Made a cheese sauce the other night (for cauli) - cream, cheddar, cayenne and a dash of water - had some leftover so i put it in the fridge, next day it had solidified a little and looked just like those cheese spreads you get out of a tube (here in the u.k it's primula - there are others too tho)
i used it to spread on bits of salami, on celery sticks, on hot dogs - SO delish!! - i imagine it would be nice spread on ham for roll-ups - pretty much anything you like!

Ax
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 08:26

Stats: 280/225/180 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 55%

Thanks so much for sharing that info Adrix. I have been wondering how to make a cheese spread. would you happen to remember the amounts of cream and cheese you used? it would be appreciated.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 08:55

Stats: 148/148/126 Female 5 feet 5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Oh mysty i usually do it 'by eye' however lets just say a cup of heavy cream and 2 cups of grated strong cheddar, 2 good pinches of cayenne pepper and a splash of water - give it a good stir then put on a medium heat to melt into itself, let it simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or so till it's thick enough for you!

hope thats okay my dear! - enjoy1

ax
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 09:30

Stats: 280/225/180 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 55%

Thank you so much Adrix.