Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 16:52

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/175/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Newbie - Charleston, Sc

HI ANY ONE FROM THIS AREA. 4 DAYS ON, KEY
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 20:39
Contributing Member

Plan: Adkins (somewhat modified)
Stats: 250/182/170
BF:
Progress: 85%
Wink I'm sorta close!

Hello Charleston....

I'm from nearby Holly Hill and am new to this site.....love it! I'm not new to low-carbing however......have been on this lifestyle since August 12 and have lost 56 pounds......we have a nice group on it this fall, but from what I can understand, we have a lot more wanting to join our bandwagon!!

We have toyed around with trying to start a support group up here, but the best we've done so far is a lot of emails and telephone calls!

Would love to get in touch with you....can we exchange emails legally on this forum?????

Best of luch for a skinny 2003!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:53

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/175/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile support group

hi micsing

i would love to meet you and other in this area. I also would like to start a support group. I live out side of moncks corner. I am 48 I work out of my home that is good and bad, I do not have to worry about how I look in the morning, but some days I feel like I am the only person alive. I so not know if we can email for here or not. I just found this site the other day. I am really new to it.
I have a nice how live up in the holly holl area. she work at the cemet plant up there. . ok i must get back to work. talk to you latler. oh i'm down 5 pounds . this is going to be a good day.
good luck to day

key
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 17:24
Contributing Member

Plan: Adkins (somewhat modified)
Stats: 250/182/170
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Would love a local support group

Congratuations to you on your loss! I hope it was a great day.....who is your neice up here....I may know her.....I tried to send a private message to you without success...can't figure that one out.....my email is singletary~starband.net......let me hear from you....

Last edited by micsing : Fri, Jan-03-03 at 17:31.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 23:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305.0/234.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%

I Live in Goose Creek, I would love to get together in the Charleston area. sounds like a great idea to me maybe we can get some more people together and we gotta get a meeting place and day & time. any suggestions? My Husband is low-carbing also so he would come.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 22:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305.0/234.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Where did all of the Charlestonians go????

Come on everyone speak up and lets get together I think this is a great Idea we will have lots of fun.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 14:34

Plan: Several-- now it's Atkins
Stats: 222/197/170
BF:
Progress: 48%
Smile LC in Charleston!?

Hello all!
I am on the Yahoo group for PCOS and low carb which is very active so I'm not sure I have time for yet another forum (I'm a college teacher and very busy). However, I'm moving to Charleston, SC in August and starting to hunt around for contacts in the area, so I did a google search and found lots of posts here from Charlestonians! Yay! I haven't had a chance to read everything on this list as I just joined up, but it was really great to see at least 4-5 folks in the Charleston area-- I'm very encouraged!

If you all do get decided on a date and time to do a support group, I'd love to be part of it once I move. I love cooking and would be glad to have people over, or I also like the idea of meeting at a restaurant. (I'm also getting married in June and my future hubby low carbs too). If anyone has advice for someone moving to the Charleston area, please feel free to email me. My address is mjm29 (at) PSU.edu (remove the spaces).

All the best,

Melanie