Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 03:51
Registered Member

Plan: Personalized Plan
Stats: 146/125.7/128
BF:24.5/19.6/15%
Progress: 113%
Thumbs up My progress so far!

Hey all

I started last Monday with the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet, so cutting big time and maintaining muscle mass.

My CKD plan for the next 3 weeks (end of 12 week challenge).
I'll be doing weight workouts on Monday and Tuesday, and cardio in the morning during Mo-Fri, 1 HIT that is and 4 moderate cardio sessions.
I may decrease the cardio if I'm too tired, I'll just listen to my body.
Friday will be the standard depletion workout and prior to that 2 pieces of fruit. I'll start out doing the 48-hour carb-up but if I find myself loosing the same lbs every week, I'll go down to 36 hours and if neccesary to 24 hours.
I'm eating 1400 calories every day, with a ratio of 70% fat and 30% protein and practically no carbs. Again, I may change this if I'm too tired. I'm very excited about this, after reading Lyle's CKD diaries, I feel like I know enough and feel sure enough about this to be strict for 3 weeks. I'm just keeping my piccies in mind and that's all it takes!!

I'm not hungry at all, I find myself forcing the food in, but I have to get those calories and protein in, since I'm on the low end of my range already.
It's weird eating low carb again, I had to dig deep and read up on theory all weekend.

I'm feeling a bit tired during workouts, but since Monday I'm down 7.5 lbs as of this morning (Thursday)!! Sheezzz, imagine how much water I was holding on to, I had to pee like every 30 minutes all week, at least it felt like that!

I'm thinking about skipping cardio tomorrow (Friday morning) but I'll see how I feel in the morning.
Right now I feel awful, my body has a hard time getting used to low carbs.
Yesterday (Wednesday) I started feeling a bit nauseous, like the first feeling you get when you have to throw up? It's not quite nauseous but the start of feeling nauseous, if you get what I mean. When I think of food it's getting worse! My brain also has a hard time switching to ketones for fuel, I'm not the most clear minded person today.
I never experienced this before, always had headaches the first week on Atkins, but none of that this week.

But I don't mind feeling like crap for another week, the carb up and weight loss sure make up for it over a 100%!

Yep, carb up is in sight!!
I spent about an hour list night going through my nutritional book to see what low fat/high carb foods I can eat this weekend, I can't wait!!
So I'm happy for now, I feel like my tiny self again and dedicated to work and diet hard these last 3 weeks!

I'll be back with an update!

Happy CkD-ing.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 07:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/206/185
BF:
Progress: 70%

Great job on the 7.5lb loss

It does seem like we are in the bathroom all the time. I hate the middle of the night trips.

I was worried about constantly going in and out of ketosis with all the exercising since I had a difficult time the first few times I tried LCing. had problems with fatigue, sorness, cramps basicly felt like crap. I increased my calcium, potasium, magnesium intake and all problems went away. I make sure I take extra during the first few days each week after carb up and I havn't had any problems yet.

Keep up the good work.
Bill
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 09:09
Registered Member

Thanks BIll! I'll check my multivitamin and most likely will stock up on some extra cal, pot and mag tonight.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow night, if only because I'll feel better (naaah, just kidding )
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 09:18
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Thumbs up E/C/A stack...

I'm not sure if you're sensitive to thermogenics or not. If you're not- the E/C/A stack ('Ripped Fuel', 'Xenadrine', etc.) will really boost your energy (not to mention the fat-burning capabilities). If you do decide to use an E/C/A stack- make sure to read the label and see if you're susceptible to any possible side-effects
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 10:50

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

I have to second the extra potassium post. For me, that nauseated feeling is a sign that my blood salts are off. With all the peeing (pardon my directness) you do in this WOE, it's easy to get low on your minerals.

The good news is, my mood and energy came back as soo as I started taking the potassium.

cheers,

Friday
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 02:23
Registered Member

Thumbs up Thanks!

I bought calcium and magnesium tabs, have to find some potassium tablets but wi'll be eating potassium rich foods until I have the tabs.

I'm glad to report I'm still at 130 lbs. If I would have lost more I would start being really concerned about my precious muscle mass!
I feel better today, went to bed at 9 pm last night and planned to sleep until 8 am but I woke up at 7 am (my usual rise and shine time) and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up.

Didn't do cardio this morning and I'm glad I didn't, I'm sure I would feel even more crappy than yesterday and I want to save all energy for tonight's depletion workout. I took 2 apples with me to work, so I can eat them at 3.30 pm and start the workout at 5.30 pm this afternoon.

I went shopping for my carb up last night and it was so much fun! I filled my cart with yummy things and was smiling all the time!

I bought 4 packets of dextrose tablets (lemon flavour) which I'll get in with my protein shake right after my workout. I bought lots of drop (sort of liquorice flavoured chewy nf Dutch candy), Mars Skittles, lf cookies with coffee-icing on them, cornflakes, nf caramel pudding, raisins and mentos candy. Yummy!

This morning I showed a bit more than trace ketosis, last night I showed trace.

My weight chart for week 1 on CKD:
Mo : 137.8 lbs
Tue : 133.4 lbs
Wed:131.3 lbs
Thu : 130.3 lbs
Fri : 130 lbs
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 05:56

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Re: Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwyneth
I went shopping for my carb up last night and it was so much fun! I filled my cart with yummy things and was smiling all the time!

My weight chart for week 1 on CKD:
Mo : 137.8 lbs
Tue : 133.4 lbs
Wed:131.3 lbs
Thu : 130.3 lbs
Fri : 130 lbs

Isn't shopping for the carb-up the best?!?! I swear people at the supermarket must think Dan and I are crazy w/ all the stuff we buy during the week and then the totally different stuff on the weekends!

Congrats on the first week loss!!
Linda
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 09:43
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Talking

Quote:
Isn't shopping for the carb-up the best?!?! I swear people at the supermarket must think Dan and I are crazy w/ all the stuff we buy during the week and then the totally different stuff on the weekends!

-Yeah, it is. As a matter of fact- I recall Dan shoving people out of the way and stuffing twizzlers and beer into his kart (as well as small children).
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 09:47

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus

p-Yeah, it is. As a matter of fact- I recall Dan shoving people out of the way and stuffing twizzlers and beer into his kart (as well as small children).

Hey now! No small kids please!!!!!!!! (not for a long time!)Twizzlers, yes but not so sure about the beer. BTW, do you come and watch us shop?!?!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 04:14
Registered Member

Morning all!

I though I'd post another update.

My CKD weight chart so far:
Week 1 2 3
Mo : 137.8 lbs 135.1 134.3
Tue : 133.4 lbs 132.3 131.2
Wed:131.3 lbs 131.2 130.5
Thu : 130.3 lbs 130.5 129.9
Fri : 130 lbs 130.5
Sat: 132.3 132.7
Sun: 136.7 no scale

This week I'm one day ahead of schedule weight wise and I carbed a day longer (48 hours)!
I won't carb up this weekend so I hope to lose some more fat. Clothes are loose so I'm happy and my bf% is down .5 %, this is working great for me.

I'm lowering my cals this week, I'm in ketosis so not worrying about losing muscle.

All weight workouts are great and I'm doing as much cardio as I can.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 04:52

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Default LOL

Way to go Gwyneth! Looks like you are on track!!

As for carb-up shopping, I had the same smile on my face last weekend when I was picking out carb foods. LOL.

Got another trip to the store tonight ... should be fun!!

Keep us posted!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 05:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/206/185
BF:
Progress: 70%

Great job.

Your doing better than me. This morning I'm back where I started at 210. If I drop 2lbs today I will be at my lowest since starting CKD.

Bill
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 17:31

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus

-Yeah, it is. As a matter of fact- I recall Dan shoving people out of the way and stuffing twizzlers and beer into his kart (as well as small children).

LOL!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 08:42
Registered Member

I can't edit anymore so I thought I'd post another update.

My CKD weight chart so far:
Week 1 2 3 4
Mo : 137.8 135.1 134.3 134.5
Tue : 133.4 132.3 131.2 130.9
Wed:131.3 131.2 130.5 129.2
Thu : 130.3 130.5 129.9 128.3
Fri : 130 130.5 130
Sat: 132.3 132.7 132.5
Sun: 136.7 no scale no scale