Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 19:54

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 252/232/135
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default I did horrible last week!!!!!!!!!

Just when I was doing so good, I blew it last week. TOM is to blame. Sugar cravings were constant and I had something everyday. Mondays I weigh myself, no weight loss for last week. Monday morning I was back on tract, and by this morning down 1lb. Will these darn cravings ever go away? Monday was the beginning of my 8th week. I am trying not to be hard on myself, but am feeling like an idiot right now. This plan does work when you follow it. I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 10:39
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%
Default I feel ya!

I have the same problem! I could eat everything in sight!
Here are some helpful tips:

Cheese - supposedly cheese satisfies other cravings

Sugar Free Cinnamon Gum - I chew this daily and it satisfies my sweet tooth

Lifesavers Sugar Free Butter Toffee - I buy these a lot and they are sugar free and made with mostly legal ingredients but do have one ingredient I'm not sure about...It hasn't affected my loss though....You should try them!

If you want something sugary eat Fruit! Most fruits taste very sweet especially pineapple and watermelon and strawberries!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 10:51

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default That's not so bad!

Ok, so you didn't go down, but you didn't go UP either, right? No ground lost anyway. And congrats on this week's pound.

Did you eat REAL sugar or just SF treats? It helps if you can at least stick to artificially sweetened stuff when you have cravings. I drink more SF sodas and eat fruit as KittyKat has suggested.

I went up 4 pounds in a sweet binge with SF treats, often eaten too late in the day. Some of it is muscle weight, but certainly not all of it. Back down to 121 now, but was at 120, so still haven't regained all the ground I lost, dangit! I'll get there though, and I'm not going to fret about when. Life has been stressful for me the last few weeks so I don't have the umph to crack down on myself too hard. I figure that in the long run I'll get where I'm going... and so will you!

You're right, we just need to keep on chugging and we'll be ok. This DOES work.

Hang in there. you can do it!

MB
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 18:03

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 252/232/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thank you for the suggestions. I can not tolerate artificial sweetners especially nutrasweet. I get terrible headaches, so I have not used them for 15 years. I have used stevia in my tea. Last week I had products with refined sugar, when I cheated. My big downfall was my husband & father wanted my chocolate walnut fudge for fathers day (normally, this is only made at Christmas). It was so good!!!!!!! I felt terrible after eating this confection, soooooooooo tired and run down.