Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 16:15

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Im saddened and angry that vets are ridiculed. My step father was such a vet. His hearing was damaged due to war time activity. In his older age he turned off his hearing aids to block out the world, back ground noise actually. We knew to step into his line of sight to get his attention.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 17:21

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

That's why suffering veterans are not getting help for depression.
They don't want to be black listed. So we have an epidemic of veterans committing suicide. Several per day!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 21:00

BF:

Im ready to make my son read all this before he signs up for duty.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 22:17

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Im ready to make my son read all this before he signs up for duty.

The worst part is how those Red Flag laws could be used against not just the veterans but against the population by any false and secret accusation, with out any recourse and in violation of due process....
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 04:00

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I was shocked when I discovered my husband's beloved aunt was still on statins, even though she had a terminal cancer diagnosis. We convinced her husband to stop them, and she regained her ability to speak and walk! Giving her more last moments with her loved ones.

Of course, the doctors said, before and after, that it was the chemo. And she needed the statins.

That's the kind of doctoring we do not need. The right to refuse it should be protected.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 06:45

BF:

This past year or two was focused on research, and I learned a lot about drug side effects.

My autoimmune disorder arose because I had been reacting to high levels of stress for so long my body was literally in a panic mode which never ended. In sheer self-defense my body was no longer reacting to the overabundance of cortisol. But this also meant my cells never let enough in to experience its healing power.

That's a medical explanation I used to get better.

The official medical explanation is that the immune system is this baffling thing that gets easily confused and attacks the body as well as the threat, so (armed with immunosuppressive drugs from transplant research) they started suppressing that misbehaving immune system. Miraculous remissions resulted. Yays?

Nay. The story they don't tell is that, 10-15 years down the line, this personal dice roll can open the door to horrible every-system-fails-at-once kinds of reactions which drops you through a trapdoor of being far worse off, in every single possible way.

I'd call that a side effect.

But how many people know that is a possible side effect? I've seen the ads and it's rare. Yeah. Rare from a Big Pharma point of view.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 09:20

BF:

Doctors also do a poor job of explaining side effects. They depend on the paperwork handed out at the pharmacy, which isnt viewed until AFTER purchase.

The side effects of surgery is also glossed over. Looking back, I would have skipped a couple surgeries due to the long term side effects.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 01:56

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Powerful statins could soon be available over the counter without a prescription

England’s top pharmacist will look at how the cholesterol-lowering drugs could be provided by high street chemists

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/pow...ter-nhs-review/

Quote:
The announcement comes after a former health minister called for the new Chief Medical Adviser to carry out a review of statins to give the public greater clarity on their benefits.

Norman Lamb, chair of the science and technology committee, revealed he started taking statins following a mini stroke last year but then stopped due to side effects. He told i he also supports a call from around 20 leading health professionals who have written to him asking for his committee to carry out a parliamentary inquiry into the drug.

Dr Aseem Malhotra, a cardiologist with the NHS who organised the letter to Mr Lamb, called NHS England’s decision “farcical”.

He told i: “To hand out high dose statins on the high street without telling patients there are not going to get a cardiovascular mortality benefit is completely unacceptable and unethical and should not be supported or condoned by any medical professional.

“Decades of attempting to lower cholesterol levels through drugs has failed and moves to combat heart disease should instead be focusing on helping patients improve their lifestyle, which doesn’t come with any side effects at all.”
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 04:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Doctors also do a poor job of explaining side effects. They depend on the paperwork handed out at the pharmacy, which isnt viewed until AFTER purchase.

The side effects of surgery is also glossed over. Looking back, I would have skipped a couple surgeries due to the long term side effects.

They don't tell you side effects of diagnostic tests at all! Now, I always ask.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 08:25

BF:

Quote:

“Decades of attempting to lower cholesterol levels through drugs has failed and moves to combat heart disease should instead be focusing on helping patients improve their lifestyle, which doesn’t come with any side effects at all.”

Here. Here.

As for no prescriptions, the price could also go UP when it hits the shelves. No portion covered by insurance.

Too bad methylphenadate is not a no-presription drug; its very hard to get, and has fewer side effects than statins, based on my info.