Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-14, 19:23

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Magnesium glycinate is what works for me 400 mg
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-14, 18:58

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

I had surgery (outpatient) Oct. 8th and it went just fine. It was a left hip arthroscopic bursectomy including a bone spur. He said I wouldn't have a lot of pain. He put 5 staples at the top and 5 at the bottom. I'll be glad when they come out which I think will be Oct. 21st. After that I can probably go swimming and then I think I'll have home exercises along with swimming. I sure feel weird not swimming and have more time on my hands. My main activity seems to be eating. Those steroids just say eat eat eat. Take care, myrt
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-14, 00:09

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Myrt, those staples will be in for a long time.
Is it because that is a spot that has so much movement or because they went so deep?
We too have had a sunny day here in East Tennessee, nice.
N2L
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-14, 09:10

Myrt, I hope your recovery goes well.
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-14, 09:41

BF:

It's a smiley day here.
Fall, but not ugly fall yet.
Trees are turning and such lovely colors.
DH has taken dog to the dog park and he came back satisfied with his exercise.
Now wants extra rations to compensate, lol.
Weight is steady for me, not up, not down, just steady as I experiment with nutrition versus all low carb diet.
We'll see how it goes.
Still waiting for my turn at the library for The Wahls Protocol.
They've already told me that I won't be able to renew when it's my turn as there is a waiting list for it after me.
When the new one comes out shortly I'll purchase a copy if it all makes sense.
N2L
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-14, 17:07

We went for a hike in our local state park. Very gorgeous with all of the turning leaves.
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 08:21

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi everyone it has been awhile since I have posted anything. This weekend I had to help CJ get ready to go to Boise for school. Since he and his dad butt heads most of the time he moved his belongings out of dad's house. It's sad, I hope they can find common ground one of these days. I sure hope your recovery goes well and it isn't too painful Myrt. Surgery is never fun. I wish you luck on your eating experiment N2L. At least you are not gaining weight that at least looks promising. I love to hike, hubby and I love to go to the national forrest and climb the mountain. There is a beautiful lake half way up, it is so still that you can see fish nosing up on the surface, very peaceful. My food plan is going well haven't even cheated in quite awhile. Had a taco salad last night minus the bowl, I haven't decided about breakfast yet. My back pain is still there even though we flipped the mattress. I am sleeping better though. I can't believe it is fast approaching holiday season and everyone's birthday. Coupon time I guess. Holidays are my most difficult time sticking to a diet plan. I will need to pray for strength. Hope everyone has a blessed week
  #113   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 13:37

BF:

jmh6251, sons and their dads.
Especially first born sons and their dads.
Too much expectation on the side of the father.
Mines 45 and they still don't get along like I imagined they would.
Waiting still for the book.
Found a gym nearby that I'm going to check out.
Called Vital signs.
I don't go to gyms because of my health problems.
This one is owned by doctors.
I got to go to one after my heart surgeries, however, even with insurance it cost $180 per month.
Had to stop.
Hope it will be what I need.
Holidays, yes.
Just brought a huge bag of Halloween candy for the 100s of little tots who come to our door.
Hope there are some left by then.
DH is a chocoholic.
The dampness and colder weather plays havoc with my body pain.
I think it is time to flip my mattress too.
Can't do it myself any longer.
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-14, 18:29

I am fortunate that the street we live on is a dead end and the average age on the street has to be around 70. This will be our second Halloween and last year there may have been a handful of kids that came on the street. I didn't buy any candy because I didn't expect any and didn't turn on the porch light. i will do the same this year. I don't have to buy the candy then.
  #115   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-14, 17:00

BF:

Hi everyone we are experiencing unusual weather here in Western Washington. First the sun comes out/ then it just pours rain/ then the hail starts. Really strange----- We never get any trick or treaters. We live on the end of a dirt road, and mostly have people without children that live here. Besides if I have candy here I will eat it. LOL Well I used to love to go to the gym, but it is a little spendie for me right now. My oldest girl did join a yoga class though and enjoys it. The dampness plays havoc with my joints too, Chiropractor gave me some herbal anti inflammatory so far it seems to help. I had left over Chicken and salad for lunch. It is 3:54 and I still am not hungry. That is huge for me, since usually I am always hungry. I did flip my own mattress, it was a chore, but I was the only one home. I'm sleeping better on it though I don't think it has done anything for my back. As a side note Vicki, I think your Magnesium suggestion is finally working. At least my hips and back don't feel broke when I get up anymore. Thankyou; I guess I need to get something done so will talk to you guys later.

Judy
  #116   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-14, 19:45

I am glad the magnesium finally started kicking in.

i saw a recipe in a flyer that sounds yummy, Crock Pot Salsa Chicken. 5-6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless and a jar of salsa. Cook on high for 6 hours to where you can shred the chicken. Add 8-16 oz of cream cheese and cook for additional hour. I saw a recipe that used 1 8oz cream cheese and 1 cup shredded cheddar. Sounds very good to me.
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-14, 09:43

BF:

Boy that does sound good. I am always on the lookout for new recipes. Well it has been a busy week for me. Tuesday I had a bad time trying to control my carb tooth. I think it stemmed from the shake I had in the morning. It was LC but something in it triggered my craving. I struggled all day. Now yesterday and so far today I have went back to normal. The carb monster is been put to bed for now. My DGS went to trade school. He calls me everyday, I told him he should save his minutes, but he calls anyway. He's never been away from home before so I think he is homesick. I started my quilt, it'll probably take me awhile to get it done. In the old days I would work on these with my grandma, but she passed away a few years back at 101 years young. Went grocery shopping the other day, they still had their meat sale going. Buy one pkg and get 2 more for free. I got some Chicken, Beef, and Pork for under $30.00. ((SCORE)) Not too much happening here talk to you soon.

Judy
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-14, 16:28

Judy, a lot of my recipes as of late, are coming from Pinterest. I have had an account but didn't really start using it until a year ago when I was in FL and saw my DIL and her family using it. I love it. I use pinterest recipes more than my LC cookbooks.
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-14, 21:50

BF:

i think I have a Pinterest account but have never done anything with it. I get alot of my recipes from Linda's Lowcarb recipe site. I also have books that have interesting recipes in it. I even have one for quick easy meals. It has been quite awhile since I have posted, I seem to hit my journal more often. Tuesday I had a disasterous experience with a LC Shake. I made it even put fat in it but it still sparked an overwhelming urge to dive into carbs. I didn't think I was ever going to go back to normal. I won't do that again. The holidays are coming fast. I have to get thru Thanksgiving first. I just know that my youngest daughter is going to have a problem with what I don't eat. My grandson is coming home for Thanksgiving though and that is positive. The other day I went to the store and accidentally picked up fat free cottage cheese. I ate it up but had to add cream every time I had some. I have issues with the scale, I have a phobia anymore about weighing myself. I buried the thing in my closet somewhere. I figured next time I go to the drs office they will weigh me. Hope everyone has a great week
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-14, 21:00

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

GI doc put me on a steroid and I've gained 6 1/2#. I think I'll be done with the medicine in about a week and then a colonoscopy a week before Thanksgiving. Went to the rheumatologist in San Antonio on Monday and he told me I have Sjogren's Syndrome/Disease. It's already affecting me quite a bit but have never heard of Sjogren's. It's another auto-immune disease. I guess fibro is one, too? He said my lymph system just started being attacked instead of joints. Went to my family doc this morning for a routine checkup and she confirmed the Sjogren's.
The surgery has gone well but I stiffen up if I sit down a half hour or more. Went to the pool today and did gentle exercises and it felt good
I now have a dependable cleaning lady. She was here today and we worked for 3 hours. She's helping me with some of my organizational stuff that I'm behind on.
W baked a pork loin tonight and we had that and raw veggies. Yum... myrt