Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-14, 09:28

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

It took a three year health crisis for me to appreciate the HUGE importance of sleep. And I had an excellent example in front of me: my husband has CFS/ME. We both came to regard his sleep as an important indicator of how his illness was impacting his body. After methylated vitamin treatment, his sleep time went from never-more-than-6 to ten-hours-or-more! And his health improved accordingly.

It took a long spell of awful insomnia (wake up a few hours after I fell asleep and spend hours not able to get back to sleep) for me to drop all caffeine, lower lights at sunset, stop staying up late, invest in amber sunreaders for the Kindle app on my iPod touch, and find a sleep mask that was comfortable.

But it was all very worth it.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-14, 07:55

Plan: my own
Stats: 215/170.5/145 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 64%

For a vitamin supplement, I take Fibro-Ease and order them from here: http://www.professionalsupplementce...ecFIBROEASE.htm

You can get them on Amazon, but they are still sourced from Professional Supplement Center, which sells many specialized, high-end supplements and they have incredible customer service.

It's high in Malate and Magnesium as well as all the B's. I find that it does help in reducing the frequency and intensity of flares. I also like that I can never taste them later, like with many vites.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-14, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: LC
Stats: 148/123/115 Female 5' 1''
BF:
Progress: 76%

Find a place to do the Biomat therapy in your area, if you get relief and your doc writes a prescription insurance will cover it, as it is fda approved. Do some research on it, it is amazing how good you feel after a session.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-14, 08:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/154/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Buy this far infrared heating pad from Amazon and sleep on it every night AND sleep with a pillow under one knee and night. You will not believe how much pain relief you can get from doing this.

VentureHeat VH-KB-2636 Black 26" x 36" At-Home Deluxe Heat Therapy Pad

I have a friend who has systemic scleroderma which is very painful and debilitating. She tried this and then said that she could not believe the difference that it has made in her being able to even get out of bed in the morning.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-14, 11:45

Plan: Keto <38 carbs daily
Stats: 316/287.2/132 Female 64
BF:Isn't It Obvious?!
Progress: 16%

Well! Lots of new info this morning! Thanks everyone!

My pain waxes and wanes. I've been trying some new things. I still take 3tbsp of magnesium before bed. Helps with pain and I sleep better.

I also have B complex with 1200 mg of B12 in it. I take that in liquid firm in my drink daily. I also take 4 potassium pills and 4 turmeric pills a day. Sometimes I only get to take 2. I don't know if those are helping. I think it will take a bit to build up in my body.

Fibro has gotten bad in right arm and shoulder. Have to be very careful not to aggravate it or I can't use the arm, not even to drive my stick shift car or wear a bra! I slept on my arm for a nap the other day and woke up with intense pain, needed help getting up. I hats this. Some days are just normal pain while walking and bending and I've learned to live with that...
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-14, 23:48

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 167/173/145 Female 5', 5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Fibro Support/Mineral Support for Pain/Spasm

I take magnesium citrate 2x per day or the cheaper kind 3x per day but in double doses(the citrate absorbes way easier into the body). This makes me need muscle relaxor much much less often.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-14, 23:55

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 167/173/145 Female 5', 5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Fibroease has Copper(can be contributor to muscle pain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly77
For a vitamin supplement, I take Fibro-Ease and order them from here: http://www.professionalsupplementce...ecFIBROEASE.htm

You can get them on Amazon, but they are still sourced from Professional Supplement Center, which sells many specialized, high-end supplements and they have incredible customer service.

It's high in Malate and Magnesium as well as all the B's. I find that it does help in reducing the frequency and intensity of flares. I also like that I can never taste them later, like with many vites.

Fibroease has copper. And one of the reasons that people take things like zinc, glucosamine and condroitin is it takes the copper deposits out of the joints that create pain. I take lots of zinc, and have a high copper blood serum, without Wilson's disease. And if you read up on copper heads, and fibro with copper it can be a part of the heavy metals causing the disease or at least contributing to it. I avoid all high copper foods most of the time too, like black teas too.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-14, 05:34

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

A recent Nutritional Weight and Wellness podcast addressed Fibro, not only nutritional supplements, including a specific form of magnesium glycinate that is more absorbable, but other non-food options, e.g. A warm pool (therapy temp). Basic recommendations, mostly diet, e.g. No sugar, grains, that readers here know, but possibly of interest. http://www.weightandwellness.com/radio-show/
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-14, 14:28

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

pollyanna, that's interesting. I had posted another thread about red light therapy. I've been using a booth and it seems miraculous.