Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-24, 06:21

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Saturday Morning!

Trig- Yup- I would have had hubby BUY YOU something sweet! Yea girl....... yea don't offer up a piggy bank! LOLOLOL- Been there done that! They ALWAYS say yes! LOLOL

Beef is where it's at. I truly feel so good on it. I actually have learned so much more than I thought I knew from Dr. Berry. I have actually joined his "insider" support group and tribe! He does live streaming so his "tribe" can ask him anything and we do! He always answers my questions. It is amazing. I pick his brain.
I also found that I am enjoying the videos, and book clubs in the group as well. It is just pretty nice to be around "like minded" people who support Carnivore. Most people don't get it or think it is "out there". So yea............

Beef is it! LOLOL BBBE......... LOVE

Sunny here bang dang if it isn't still freezing to me. I was ALL OVER the place yesterday. I couldn't get warm. Then I got hot. I finally turned off my thermostat. I forgot about it and went to bed. Woke up to 53 degrees this morning! Nooooooooooo
I am still in flannels and a sweatshirt- heat is cranking.

Lori- Yup I hear ya on wanting golf season. Trust me WE want it for you! That is our signal the warm weather is finally here! LOL

What kind of challenge are you doing? How did you find it? I am always curious about where people find "groups".
Do you find you notice when you take iodine?

Nic- On baby watch! When was the due date? What are you doing to keep busy while you wait. I know you got slammed with crappy weather this last week!
----------------------------------------------------------------

I have the most beautiful azalea bushes outside my front door. They are vibrant pink. Just stunning when they bloom. Otherwise looks like an overgrown bush! LOL

Love Spring here. I have been up stupid early this morning. The cold woke me up at 530. Up ever since. MEH it's ok- I like having my coffee when it quiet and I am not rushing around trying to get out the door for an appointment.

Going over to see my DS house. He got all new appliances for his kitchen and hung a flag out on his front porch. I said I would stop by and see all his improvements.
We are then going to the Swamp Rabbit Trail - downtown to look at all the flowers and trees in bloom and get a walk in. It should be a stellar weekend.

I bought 2 packages of brisket burgers that were on sale. I love me a good brisket/chuck burger. They just have a better meatier texture and hold together! Yum- and Yum. Each package has 4 burgers. Thinking about just cooking them all up and sliding the leftovers in the fridge. YUP.

Package of back to crisp up- Boiled eggs to make deviled eggs with. I love the go to.

Will peruse Indeed to see if anything peaks my intrest. I am looking to make plans for another long weekend.

Have a good one!
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-24, 09:34

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

No golf today....it's cold and windy! Yuck! We're going to try to play tomorrow when it's supposed to be a bit warmer. DH & I did a quick early grocery store run and now I'm in for the day. I'm SO over this cold weather.

I faced the scale this morning and as expected, it was not good. I'm up 3.5 lbs from my pre-cruise weight, which was too high to begin with! I've been eating well this week, so I can only imagine that I was up 5-7 lbs in total. Yikes! The challenge I joined is on MyFitnessPal. They have one every season for 10 weeks at a time. The goal for each 10 week challenge is to lose 5% of your starting weight. I've yet to do it. Time to get serious before this gets out of hand.

I did my PB workout this morning, took a shower and now I'm under a fuzzy blanket. I'm tired of these boring days.
  #333   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-24, 10:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all

checking in!

Trig yeah I'm sure that price was a surprise but everything is expensive anymore so I don't even know what to think. Glad he is earning some money in that side hustle though!

Lori, you will drop that quickly, no doubt. And like you said, you really enjoyed yourself and that is worth something.

Jaz I'm glad you are enjoying Dr Berry and that group/forum. It's a happy thing to find a place that feels like home! Speaking of, how fun to see your son's home and improvements!

---

DS22 is home for an overnight- actually he got in late last night but we were up watching the Iowa game. My brother works for U of I so now that they are in the finals we are vested lol

Anyway, DD and SoIL will come over for dinner to join DS22. I'm going to make artichoke pasta (I'll skip the top) and chicken Lazone using chicken thighs. It is so funny as 'kids' get older. He doesn't want to go out- just once to have a quiet day at home. He is SO BUSY at school with classes, internship and the band/recording/gigs that he is desperate for down time and sleep. He says that sometimes during the week he is asleep by 8 PM. This was my up-all-night party animal child, going to bed before me now while still at college lol
He still plays hard at least one night a week though. He may as well- he graduates soon!

Due date is rapidly approaching- somewhere between the 10th and 15th I believe. Add me to the April birthday list- I'm the 16th!

So yeah, cleaning a dresser to go up to the baby's room this afternoon, then maybe a walk or hike, then making dinner for the clan tonight and enjoying seeing some of my kidlets together.

Over the cold and the wind though- I know the warm weather is coming but it feels like the sun and warmth are so far away lately!
  #334   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-24, 15:36

BF:

Ohhhhhh Nic- Awesome night on tap for you! Doesn't it just do your heart good to see your kids home and together as adults!

Lori-
I am like you tonight- Hunkered in and cold!!!!!! In Flannels and still cold! I am over it too. I was out today for a walk and it was BRISK!

Hiya Trig

-------------------------------------------------

OMG I am rolled like a sausage on the couch. I had my brisket burgers and dang were they the bomb! Stuffed like a pork sausage! LOLOL

Got a walk in with the son- nice walk about 2 miles. My legs are tired. I am tired- I'm in tonight.

Later gators!
  #335   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-24, 17:50

BF:

Checking in again-

Nice family dinner and had The Mom come over as well. I can call that a visit. lol

We had artichoke pasta (I skipped that) and Chicken Lazone (I had that) and then everyone left to get ice cream and I cleaned up with music blasting and Crown Royal on ice. YUM That served me better than ice cream lol

Dh is taking the Mom home now and I am chilling. I have no tolerance anymore so I am done for the night lol

I did get a nearly five mile hike in though which was awesome. Yay!
  #336   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-24, 05:56

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori what is on your agenda for today?

Jazz, your brisket burgers sound amazing. I walked all thru burger and now like you I gotta have top burger only. I do like 90/10 now. Leaner for me and it tastes more like a steak

Nicco.....I WANT YOUR GRANDKID BORN ON MY DD'S DAY....I am betting on the 15th Would be cool right HAHA

5 miles... you rock it!

Sounds like things are going steady and ok for you guys, that is all great. Can't wait, time is getting closer and closer

------------quickie post. gotta start some serious work around house outside. already out of control so out I go in a damn parka for heaven's sake, so freakin' cold around here----wait I don't own a parka, eh, maybe I won't go outside too early yet LOL BBrrrr

yea gotta get some stuff handled.

found out we 1/2 own hubby's grandma's 2.8 acres that we thought kinda was owned by MIL's sis but come to find out thru deed that MIL and her Sis are part owners so hubby called his cousin and they chatted. Cousin wants that darn land sold also, he doesn't wanna keep maintaining it and hubby agreed but we know Sarah ain't gonna wanna sell probably but his cuz said to force it on her cause she ain't got the money to pay off our 1/2 to buy it from us....ugh....but in the end Dennis said to let's get this noose off around our necks. OK him and hubby agree.....won't be much on sale price but that money for me will cover my new back porch which should be around 10k or bit more but nice to know that property funds that gawd awful bill to come. So hubby is handling estate stuff well.

Tues the 16th (Nicco's bday by the way lol) he rented a massive dumpster for a wk at the hoarder house. OMG I DONT WANNA do it truly but he wants to 'start' somewhere so we should fill it with just that clothes and crap from the house. he won't talk barns or the other small trailer on the property yet. It is a massive job coming at us. OK it's gotta start somewhere. bleck

ok off I go to get things done
be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sun, Apr-07-24 at 06:12.
  #337   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-24, 06:27

BF:

Good Morning!

Just a quick post before heading to the golf course. My friend sent me a text that she's bringing me a bloody Mary. I guess she really wants me to show up! It's a little chilly this morning, but the sun is shining brightly.

I'm glad to be leaving as DH is driving me batty. OMG.....trying to figure out stuff on his phone and how do I do this, how do I do that....ARGHHHHH! How did he live while I was on a cruise ship for a week?????

Time for me to fly. I'll check in later!
  #338   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-24, 06:38

BF:

Good Sunday Morning!

Trig- OMG from what you have said that is going to BE A JOB! You also said there were "rat" droppings in there. Those turn to dust and then get put in the air when you shuffle crap around! Can you hire- JUNK or US? Someone ELSE to come in an bulldoze? Urghhhh Dang I feel for ya! I know what that looks like!
If ya have to wear a N95!!!! Hubby too! Wear gloves. BLECK

Meat- yes I am loving my brisket burgers. I tell ya though a good burger really sticks to the ribs. I am still not even the least bit hungry! I was looking at the package. I bet I ate a pound (precooked) of meat! Those don't shrink much!

Wow I didn't know you are considering on redoing your porch? I guess I was thinking you would wait till old lollipop wasn't a consideration then pack it up and head beach bound?! Anyway- If you are planning that- aways a good thing to improve. But I tell ya these days- They come for your land. Yes, they do. They come in and build condos, housing. At any rate you got a few dimes coming your way!

LOL- We got us some April Birthdays! My DS- 12, Kiddo 15th, Nic 16th- CELEBRATE- and the newest on the way! I think we should place bets! LOL
Let's see- I am going with the 11th. LOL

Nic- Speaking of new grannies..... LOLOL Oh yea lady! Crown Royal over ice is the way to roll. My kind of dessert! LOL
I know you are on eggshells right now.
I want to see a pick of all the new outfits. I think GIRL baby clothes are just precious! Love the smell of a new baby! OMG just so wonderful coming your way! Toes, fingers, feet- please!!!!

Lori- Wondering if you have your winter sweater on and attempting to play your game! LOL
So is everything down you wanted for the house?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 4 of iodine drops in the coffee. Not "noticed" anything yet. I have read it might take a week or so. I also might be at a too low of a dose. I am not rushing into the dosing. Little by little until it is right.
I am doing it as I have always been low end of normal Thyroid, but I have symptoms. Hot/and too cold- lower energy, brain fog. However, I can say that eating the way I do has helped most of that. I take FOREVER to lose weight those. I hug those pounds.

It is also supposed to be a great support for the immune system. Which mine is anyway being in the hospitals on and off my entire career. I never got Covid even while working 2020 ICU area. I did get it from a friend- and thought I just had sniffle, until she called me to say, she was positive. I reacted horrible to the vaccine more so than actual Covid- go figure.
I will never do that again. LOL nope.

I had a nice walk with the son yesterday. So awesome to see your kids doing well.

Today is going to be a 70 and brilliant sun day! I have that other package of burgers to make. I would love to actually GRILL them! I am on the fence about getting a small grill for my area. I just might pull that plug and head to Home Depot. LOL Small one- gas.

Going to "wash the gray" right outta my hair today. I am going to putter about! Love it.
  #339   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-24, 04:37

BF:

Good Morning!

7 hours of sleep seems to be my happy place. Wide awake at 4:30AM. I wake up and I'm ready for coffee!

Heading back to the golf course today. We had a good time yesterday even though only part of the course is open. It's going to be that way for a bit as we have more rain coming mid-week.

I have my MRI on Thursday. I'm hoping all goes well as I have these screws in my jaw from a dental surgery 30+ years ago. I guess I'll find out. I really am anxious to find out what's going on with my knee. I've been on the Meloxicam for a week, but am going to stop taking it as I don't think it's really helping that much and I'm not one who likes to take meds.

Still battling my weight gain. Scale keeps inching up even though I've gotten back on track food wise. It's a bit frightening. Yesterday I was so mad that I decided I wasn't going to track my food anymore....the he!! with it. Yeah, right.....after seeing another gain this morning. I'm back to tracking....I'm scared to death not to! WTH?? I'm thinking yesterday's "gain" is due to the huge Bloody Mary my friend brought for me. A huge Yeti coffee cup full and I drank it all....so good! Round and round I go.....

Well, that's it from here. Happy Monday!!!!!!
  #340   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-24, 05:45

BF:

quickie post

going with hubby to drop off the RV for servicing. I shut my brain down on what that is gonna cost LOL

also wanna check out some new rv dining chairs and see if anything is what I might want as replacements.

eating out on the road, bleck. will see what I end up eating, might try to force up a nice steakhouse. or ? who knows lol

ok back to chat up later guys, have a good day
  #341   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-24, 10:39

BF:

Hey ya'll Happy Monday! ECLIPSE DAY!

Not another one in MY lifetime most likely. IF I am around in 20 years I just won't care- I will be knocking on 80. LOLOl
So, I have the "sunglasses to see it this go around!
Anyone else??????

Trig- Did you ever get those recliners you wanted for the RV? You know you just gotta suck it up! It is your second home!
Your refuge when traveling= priceless!

Yum on a steak house! Go for it! BTW today is just beautiful out! Enjoy it!

Lori- So cool you are able to get out and play today! I'm jelly. I so need a sport I love. I seriously don't have one. I enjoy a lot of stuff but sports is not one of them! LOL
You have always been our active one!

I am also really wanting to know what your MRI is showing up. I bet your Meniscus is a mess. It doesn't take much at our age! URGHHHHHHHHHH

I fell ya on scale creep it is very SCARY! I jumped 70 pounds and it was only in 12 weeks flat! I went to bed a size 8 and woke up a size 18 - NOT that YOU would go there. I am just saying it is a real thing and I agree with you to put breaks on it fast. You will- You got this!

Nic....... well? My bet is 11th.... LOLOLOL - Of course we want pictures !!!! LOLOL
-------------------------------------------------------------

I am so tired today. I went out last night to meet a friend. We saw a band outside. Everyone takes a lawn chair. I was ready to come home early. I just wasn't in it last night. MEH- I don't do well burning the candle both ends anymore. Yes, my age is catching up.

Speaking of,,,,,,, My sons BD is this week. I gifted him some $$dimes$$ for a dining room table. His new house has cost him some big expenses and he needs a table. I suggested he try FB marketplace. They really do have some amazing things on there.

I am doing and feeling amazing on my WOE. No weight loss YET! YET! It's coming.

I bought another Skort- Now I have 9 of them. I frekin love them. I have patterns and colors of all kinds. So flattering. Hides a world of "sin" but still shows some sexy leg! LOLOL

Nothing else- I need to get back to work. I am so lacking motivation today! LOL yeahhhhhhhhhh

Gotta get ready for my "light" Sun show- 1 hour and 15 minutes
from now!

Rock on kids!
  #342   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-24, 13:15

BF:

Hi all-

Currently seeing the eclipse amongst some cloud cover. Five minutes to maximum coverage for our area.

Back later- no baby yet but dd on her way to her appt now. I don't know if she decided to get a cervical check or not.
  #343   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-24, 16:49

BF:

Jazz cool ya covered his table he will have a good time finding the one he likes.

BabyWatch, I am still betting the 15th lol

---------ok guys fast catch up, long time at rv place.

shoot me please LOL you guys put money into your homes, I put it into my rv's HA

So a trip to the rv service and buying/renovating a few key items in rv has left me almost $5,000 more poor.

YEA IT IS BIG sticker shock but I expected it. $2k for service of all electronics and then new wheel bearings and other issues all being handled. Will be worth every penny for them to make sure all stuff is running fine and fixing issues we needed. might go higher if they service and find additional issues? ugh

Then about $3k for 2 new fancy smanchy and comfy glider/rocker/swivel reclining chairs. I love them, damn pricey tho BOO!
new smart tv in bedroom with new mounting brackets
new King size bed for our master
new King fancy ‘exquisite’ topper for mattress (I choked when it was $299.00) I mean come on ya know it is a frickin’ topper, but honestly I never spend money on myself actually…and rv being near 8 yrs old now had to have new things so I said screw it, I am opening the darn wallet LOL

5k beats $90k for a new rv HAHA

plus this is like a revamp and needed but also I didn’t wanna go overboard in that I might be selling the rv in the more near future and just go buy the beach house we been wanting. So this is our last rv for sure I believe and I want it in fine shape thru my final yrs we do own it and use it. Like I said, spend a tad of money on me :slight_smile: I tell ya tho the wallet is now closed LOL

still to come---have to deal with happy jack queen bed and couch in garage and have to deal with issue on fabric on jackknife couch in living area. more bigger type bucks but can't handle more reno right now brain wise, this was enough

kiddo sent wild pics of eclipse, she saw it well
we had kinda big clouds here but that 'dim light' it casts always seems so crazy. cool

bye for now all
  #344   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-24, 20:47

BF:

GEEZ FRIGGIN' LOUISE!!!!!

texting with kiddo

this is how the convo goes:

hey mom can I get my nipples pierced?
oh hell here we go.....

I hemm and haww and think, heck she is 1 wk off age 19 and I recluctantly say yes if you want but think hard on it.....in a split second she says, thanks, I already did it!!

kill me truly

I literally had to try to forget about it or I was gonna go brain dead on the spot HAHA come on right? ugh.......told her to cut this crap out now, ya did enough....slow the roll.

I tell hubby and his face----ya'll wanted to be a fly on the wall to see it, believe me----right when he was gonna open his mouth and respond I said Vern leave it alone. (I call him Vern at home, lol) and don't say a word on it. Just forget ya heard it and he just withered and slunk away HAHA omgosh, I think she is gonna kill him before the yr is out

ok I tell ya I am like done ya know. Like DONE LOL

ugh
  #345   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-24, 04:17

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig......OMG....nipples pierced? That makes me cringe just thinking about it! Ouch!! I can imagine DH's face! That is his baby girl and I'm sure he doesn't want to think about THAT! Awesome on your RV renovations....well worth it for sure.

Jaz....It's nice that you have some friends to do things with in the evenings and weekends....plus your kids are close....perfect! Oh yes.....the weight can come back in the blink of an eye. I'm up a solid 10 lbs from where I've been for a couple years and I'm not a bit happy about it. I just have to keep trying and get my a$$ moving more! Too much recliner time.

Nic.....I'm sure you're on eggshells waiting for the baby call!

--------

Back to the golf course for one more day this week before the rain moves in. It's been fun, even though we can't play the whole course. Making the best of it.

Have a good one!