Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-08, 09:58

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Welcome, Josiegirl!

Ask any questions you want, and I do CALP so you can read my journal starting this past month for examples of the types of RMs I have. I try very hard to balance them.

Glad to have you on board!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-08, 02:14

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%

Thank you very much for your additional information. I needed that badly since I don't seem to lose any weight anymore.

I have read the CAD book in the Dutch translation and have ordered the CALP book, which will have to be sent from America.

My reward meals consist of:

a huge plate of Greek salad (tomatoes, cucumber, olives, skimmed feta = Greek cheese 10% fat, onion, herbs, lemon juice)
a piece of chicken or beaf
a few slices of potatoes
2 nectarines (or other fruit)
1 mug of skimmed milk (1,5% fat)

I hardly ever take a complementary meal. If I do, it will be one egg and a few slices of cucumber.

I don't take sweets, chocolate, cakes or sugary deserts because I want to save a small special sweet treat for very special occasions like birthdays and Christmas. They should not be included in my daily meals anymore.

I brisk walk 7.2 km (= approx. 4,4 miles) every day.

Still my weight won't drop an ounce anymore. So I supposed that my reward meals have been too large.

What is your opinion?

Last edited by Skyliz : Sat, Aug-09-08 at 02:20.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-08, 08:19

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Skyliz, is it possible that you're at your perfect weight right now? I see from your profile that you're five foot seven. I'd say your weight sounds VERY slender for your height and just perfect and probably quite lovely!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-08, 11:38
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I agree that your weight is in the normal range (BMI is 21, perfect!) and that this does not look like a lot of food to me. If you are happpy eating this way and can continue, please do not reduce your food. I am concerned that you will go into starvation mode if you cut back anymore- after all this is your only food for the whole day.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-08, 13:14

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%

Glendoria and Eno, my weight as an adult has always been between 119 and 123 lb. I put on the extra weight in only one year. I worked very hard, changed my career, did my studies in 2 instead of 4 years, went into menopause and I have two children to take care of.

So I turned to food. And quite lot of it, too. My joints didn't like that at all. Gradually my body appeared to be stiff when I got up from the couch or when I left my car. It felt like a burden in stead of a great help of transportation.

If I shift a couple of more pounds, this difference in weight will enable me to fly up the stairs more easily again. After this unpleasant experience I'd rather be on the safe side of the scales, if you know what I mean. I'll just see how it goes.

I promise you that I won't eat any less.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-08, 13:51

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris_K
I recently found this list but have been following CALP for years and have lost a considerable amount of weight on the program. I was originally mentored personally by Drs. Heller for well over a year. I even lectured with them for a short time and appeared on various radio programs with them. In fact My story can be found on the Heller's website. So I know a little about the program.

Fist piece of advice is to buy CALP. Do not follow CAD. CALP will explain the proper RM meal and is very different from the original CAD book.

Until you obtain CALP if I may, let me give you a bit more detail on the CALP Basic plan Reward meal.

1. First -you have one hour to eat your RM meal

2. Always start with a salad. This helps fill you up and cut down on your over all food Consumption later in the meal. More technical it supplies you with the fiber you need to keep everythiung 'moving' if you get my drift.
Now the mechanics of the RM

Let’s say you were going to have a meatball for dinner the size of your fist. This is known as your craving reducing protein. You would follow this by a fist size portion of a low carb vegetable known as craving reducing vegetables ( could be green beans, cucumbers, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, etc. just to name a few)

Then for the sake of this example let’s say you wanted a baked potato and some cake for desert. You would need to cut the potato to equal half the size of your fist as well as the cake so the two combined was the over all size of your fist when combined.

Another words balanced and equal in proportions are essential. …

Now let’s say you’re still hungry after finishing all the food on your plate. You can basically have as much food as you desire as long as you follow the formula I described above. So in this case if you wanted seconds you would leave out the salad and go right to the craving reducing protein. The portion can be what ever you desire but for this illustration we’ll say the meatball is the size of a golf ball. You would then follow this with a golf ball size portion of your craving reducing vegetable and if you can even eat it at this point, your desert would be a golf ball sized serving of cake.

The RM meal is not a binge fest balance is critical

Health & happiness

Morris

Wow that explanation is really very on point and makes a lot of sense... I tried CAD but my reward meals also became a carb fest for me...and an excuse to indulge in delightful desserts....none of which I needed... I plan on using CAD for maintenance, when I get there, and will definitely keep this for referernce. Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums..

TJ