Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2266   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-19, 02:09

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Awake way too early - still, had my coffee with 1 oz. half and half and two cm grass-fed beef beef sticks.

I think I will be taking a nap today!

Lunch is planned to be some bake chicken thighs with Italian green beans.

rm is planned to be more baked chicken thighs, riced cauliflower (double portion as no salad greens in the house) possibly with some melted gruyere cheese, and a walnut bar plus ghiardelli chocolate squares (these are tiny two biters) OR a single slice sour dough bread with butter. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.
Sponsored Links
  #2267   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-19, 05:52

at Maryh. Ready for Easter?

Getting shopping done today so tomorrow I can cook the special things we want on Sunday.

Wishing you a joyous holiday.
  #2268   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-19, 14:21

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thanks so much Patricia, and a joy filled Easter to you also.
Enjoyed the ceremony last night; the theme of light into darkness was very poignant for my family and I this year especially.

So far I'm not going hard on the chocolate whatsoever and actually am finding it too sweet. Don't want to make it a regular feature of my diet again now i feel I've achieved a degree of freedom.
Did 1/2 hour elliptical and then 1/2 hour walk/run around a nearby school pitch later on that day...and then a go on those outdoor exercise equipment.
Really nice weather here for a change.

I had two deserts which had me in a zombie state so the exercise really helped blow away the cobwebs.

Hope your Easter menu worked out well. I've no doubt you would have chosen the best for the occasion.
Birds singing and lovely weather here. Hope its nice where you are too.
  #2269   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-19, 05:16

Maryh, though this was not my best Easter, it had a lot of good parts - including the addition of cm pickled veggies we found at a local store - they really cut the richness of the carby stuffing and gravy we had with our cm turkey. DH feels this was his best ever brined and smoked turkey

The mashed cauliflower turned out extremely well, the breakfast escarole cheese frittata (cm) was awesome.

But man, did my weight swing up for this morning! I didn't weigh on Easter, so my average for this week is a 6 day one - I stayed the same as last week (now that's a nice gift!).

We will see how this week goes!
  #2270   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-19, 05:44

Breakfast today - leftover escarole cheese frittata, 2 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch will be 2 cm beef uncured hot dogs with some leftover fresh asparagus, and mashed cauliflower.

rm will be a salad with 2 cherry tomatoes, a scallion, mixed salad greens, my fav blue cheese yogurt based dressing, turkey, stuffing with gravy and 2 squares of good chocolate.

Tomorrow I am trying a new recipe for rm - a roasted asparagus, tomatoe, parmesan "flatbread" that is made with a couple sheets of puff pastry. The protein will be more leftover turkey, and we will have a salad.
  #2271   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-19, 11:23

BF:

Love pickled veggies Patricia.
Sounds like your menu had great variety.
Averaging the weight can be a big help alright to not get too discouraged.

Finally got around to trying the celeriac recipe; all i can say is that i'm never going to pull a stunt like that on myself again...
Life is too short.
I hate to be ungrateful but am so not a fan.

Today i had a fried egg on a low carb cracker. (cracker is <4g Carbs, Not on plan but lower carb) Coffee.
Not v. healthy but i was in a rush.

A warm chicken salad for lunch from the Olive tree.
Tea as well. ( I include milk, not on plan.)

Later i'm not sure, (Maybe an 'eat natural' muesli bar for carb & 1/2 Banana & maybe yogurt too) ; 1/2 Banana only is my new self restrained habit.
but if i can get through the majority of the day relatively low Carb, i notice a big difference in terms of weight and sense of self control.

Last edited by maryh : Tue, Apr-23-19 at 11:45.
  #2272   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-19, 03:58

Maryh, I find any steps toward a calp way of eating, has me feeling much better!

The roasted asparagus/tomato/parmesan cheese tart was awesome - I'm not used to using puff pastry, and love how this turned out. Def. carbworthy!
  #2273   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-19, 05:50

to any reading. Guess I need my usual structure, just calp last week didn't leave me feeling my best and I slid a bit over the weekend.

So today is back to what works best for me.

breakfast was 2 eggs with a sautéed mushroom, one slice of cheese melted atop, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch will be 2 uncured beef hot dogs and I think a mini-cucumber.

rm plan is for 2 cups mixed baby spring greens with a scallion, 2 cherry tomatoes, a stalk of celery, Bolt Blue cheese yogurt dressing. Veggie will be boiled zucchini, still undecided re my protein and that will impact the amount of carbs. At this point, at least 1 if not 2 of my citrus twist mini-cheesecakes is the plan for carb. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.
  #2274   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-19, 21:19

BF:

Sounds great Patricia; love how orderly you plan things.

Slid myself too & ended up drowning in a sea of chocolate. Urghh! So unpleasant actually.
No matter how long i stay off it, when i go back to it; it's always the same old story. I always over-do it.

Think i want to be abstinent from it entirely; just for peace sake; i know i can do it when i just decide.

Found a nice Green tea lemonade recipe from 'kuttinupKeto' on Youtube.
Made it with 2 Tsp. Stevia, 1-2 lemons, matcha green tea (1tsp) and 2 cups of green tea. Had unreal energy after it. Highly recommend.
Think its a better option than tea with milk outside of RM.
  #2275   ^
Old Thu, May-09-19, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hello! I have just begun CAD/CALP and am loving it! I anyone interested in checking in here still?
  #2276   ^
Old Thu, May-09-19, 08:53

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

I check in occasionally, but I've sort of naturally transitioned to a Intermittent Fasting/Keto plan.

My body naturally prefers fasting for about 22 hours, then a good solid Keto meal. CAD really helped me in the beginning to go low carb at all. I used to really enjoy the RM as Rachel Heller described in her own personal experience. Now I find the treats nice, but they have much less addictive and emotional hold on me. I'm starting to prefer my luxurious high fat keto food choices.

I wish you all the best in your journey! Welcome!
  #2277   ^
Old Fri, May-10-19, 05:23
Registered Member

BF:

Hi there. Thanks for your response. I could see how this way of eating could lead naturally into IF. I know what you mean about craving the treat foods less over time. I have noticed even from the start that those foods don't seem quite as exciting now that I can have them without guilt! I love the appetite reduction and feeling of control all through the day. It has been pretty amazing, the difference. My weight is already moving in the right direction.
  #2278   ^
Old Fri, May-10-19, 05:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alene1
Hello! I have just begun CAD/CALP and am loving it! I anyone interested in checking in here still?

Yes, I am still here - mainly posting in my journal lately. Welcome!
  #2279   ^
Old Fri, May-10-19, 05:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Sounds great Patricia; love how orderly you plan things.

Slid myself too & ended up drowning in a sea of chocolate. Urghh! So unpleasant actually.
No matter how long i stay off it, when i go back to it; it's always the same old story. I always over-do it.

Think i want to be abstinent from it entirely; just for peace sake; i know i can do it when i just decide.

Found a nice Green tea lemonade recipe from 'kuttinupKeto' on Youtube.
Made it with 2 Tsp. Stevia, 1-2 lemons, matcha green tea (1tsp) and 2 cups of green tea. Had unreal energy after it. Highly recommend.
Think its a better option than tea with milk outside of RM.

I am happy without sweetener in my tea, but that sounds interesting, especially the bit of lemon. I do love a touch of citrus.
  #2280   ^
Old Sat, May-11-19, 06:49
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia. I went to visit your journal this morning. I'm glad you are still checking in here from time to time. I saw you mentioned getting tea in WA state. That's where I live. Are you in the US?

Hi Mary. That tea recipe sounds interesting. I'm trying to find something to drink between meals that doesn't cause cravings. I tried some passion tea yesterday, which is fruity, and it made me hungry. So, back to the drawing board. Maybe some plain tea with a squeeze of lemon would work for me. I get enough caffeine in my coffee. What part of Ireland do you live in? I loved my visit there and plan to go back!

Things are going along very well for me. I feel free! This week was teacher appreciation week and the break room was full of treats every day. It is amazing to me the lack of pull I feel toward these foods now, in such a short period of time. I was at work late and had my dinner there, so I had a small piece of cake for my carb serving and I was good.

Last night we went to dinner and I had an unbalanced RM. Bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a roll. But, I only had half a roll, half my burger, and a moderate amount of fries. I am finding that I am filling up faster than I would like to. I went over 7 hours between lunch and dinner yesterday and I was just fine!! Usually I can barely make 3 without being hungry. I even did a 20 minute workout before we went to dinner. I love that food isn't ruling my life anymore, and I don't have to fear a little hunger. When I'm eating this way the hunger comes on slowly and doesn't take me over, making me feel like I MUST get some food. This is beautiful freedom for me. I'm so happy I found this way of eating. I feel like a new woman.

Good day to all, and happy Mother's day this weekend.