Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-18, 16:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/185 Male 69"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Eating the same food/meals everyday

Hi there,
Just watched a few videos on people who are not good cooks who eat the same meals every day. Is anyone else doing this? I could probably eat bacon and fried eggs for one meal everyday. I don't like handling raw meat so that kind of limits me. Lol.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-18, 18:36
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Steak 'n eggs
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-18, 20:01

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Do what ever it takes to get started Pit!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 03:59

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

No problem. There are so many foods you can buy prepared now, even in regular grocers, you don’t have to cook. DietDoctor recipes has a section of "Keto Plates"...think deli meats and prepped vegetables on a plate with mayo. So many places sell already cooked beef, rotisserie chicken, salmon, etc.

Dr Westman https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=471186
does not want food quality to ever stop anyone from eating low carb, and often tells in his talks of the young man, successful WL patient, who gets double cheeseburgers from a fast food twice a day and throws out the bun. You can cook once on the weekend, e.g. bake a pound of bacon, boil eggs and have a breakfast ready to go for the week. Many ways to get around not liking to cook and still stay low carb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH9IZHnyr2I&t=10s

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Nov-14-18 at 10:42.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 04:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Hiya Pit!

Imma one of those that basically eats the same thing day in and day out. Don't like to spend a lot of time prepping and cooking b/c that triggers some of my food related issues like overeating, etc.

I've been on the "tuna" wagon for a while and before that it was chicken... I pair those up with a nice leafy green salad and call it dinner...

Wishing you much success on your journey to better health!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 05:14

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I eat pretty much the same thing every day. I keep it simple with my protein either a burger or canned wild salmon with a salad the mainstay of my diet. Some sunflower seeds, ground flax seed and homemade bone broth and I'm all set.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 07:26

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I think food preferences are largely a function of genetics. My husband, our biological children, and myself can eat the same thing every day. We have bland tastes - our preferred spice is salt. Our adopted kids we call epicurious. They would be sad and frustrated if they ate the same thing every day and if there weren't some spices to liven things up for them. I cook accordingly.

When we were growing up, 4 nights a week, my mom cooked boiled chicken, boiled potatoes, and a boiled vegetable (or iceberg lettuce in the middle of the table in a cereal bowl with "Russian dressing" on the side). That's not an exaggeration or a false memory. That's how we ate. Friday nights were either 1) Spaghetti with ketchup or 2) fishsticks. Saturday nights were hamburgers and hot dogs. Sundays the oven went on! That meant some kind of roast (chicken, pork butt, or beef) along with baked potatoes and a boiled vegetable. Only rarely were potatoes mashed and that was most likely because they didn't look so good.

My mom doesn't really eat many carbs anymore, so the potatoes and spaghetti are gone, but otherwise, her menu doesn't look much different from how it's looked for the past 80 years. She's never had a weight problem. Of her 7 children, only 2 ever had real weight problems and those came after pregnancy (long after we'd grown and left home).
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 08:59

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

You can change it up if you like. We built up a nice supply of various spices. Eating the same has its pros and cons. If it works,it works.

As for handling meat. Maybe take a look at why that is?? We are very careful about raw meat contamination. One platter for raw and another for cooked. Constantly washing hands. I give thanks for the food I have, both meat and veg. Handle meat with care, and thoughtfulness. TOok raising my own meats to realize I needed to be more aware and more thankful.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Generally speaking, I eat the same kind of thing every day but find there is enough variety out there in the meat, fish and plant realm to mix up the menu and keep it from getting monotonous. For me, the key is eating whole or minimally processed foods that I really enjoy, not just ones that are "good for you." If I'm going to put it in my mouth, by George, I'm going to enjoy it! I keep the prep simple or buy it already prepared from the supermarket.

Last edited by barb712 : Wed, Nov-14-18 at 10:19.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 09:55

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

I am like many of the others. I almost always eat eggs and bacon for breakfast and really don't mind it. Occasionally I will want something else and opt for a muffin in a minute but that is rare and requires (marginally) more work

Lunches are usually a salad with meat or a soup I have made.

Dinners are a protein, low glycemic veg and a salad if needed.

Not a lot of variety but makes it easier to stick to plan (like Just Jo said--I get off track when I start messing about too much)
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 11:27

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb712
For me, the key is eating whole or minimally processed foods that I really enjoy, not just ones that are "good for you." If I'm going to put it in my mouth, by George, I'm going to enjoy it!

My philosophy, too! If something doesn't taste good to me, I won't eat it. Don't care how healthful it's supposed to be. So no kale, Brussels sprouts, cooked cabbage, green tea, etc. But I get plenty of zucchini, cauliflower (which I refused to eat until I was an adult - then I fell in love with it ), green leaf lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard, and so on.

My basic breakfast stays pretty much the same, but I sometimes add leftover veggies to the eggs and/or tuna or sardines. I do more variety for the afternoon meal as husband doesn't like to eat the same thing every day. Fortunately, I like to cook & he's tolerant of experiments.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 11:41

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

I did this before my woe changed to Atkins 3-30-2018. One benefit is I knew the effect on my weight and I don't really get tired of the same thing day in and day out. I mean, you can change it up whenever. I still do it now to a degree.

#13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 12:25

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

We live a busy life and doing the same makes our lives less hectic. Knew a vet student that ate a baked potato and a boiled chicken breast every day he was on the road traveling with a vet.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 13:44

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

When I first began LC, my cooking skills could safely be described as non-existent. I literally had to learn every single step of preparing every single meal I came across that looked like it would suit the regime.

Three years later, I've learned just enough to be able to maintain just enough of a variety in my diet to not die of complete boredom. I can do scrambled eggs, omelettes, bunless burgers, courgetti bolognaise, fried salmon & spinach w/aioli, stir fry veges w/chicken or bacon, steak & mushrooms w/caulimash, vege soup w/spam, chocolate avocado smoothies.

It takes practice, it takes perseverence, it takes time. But it's totally worth it.

Last edited by Grav : Sun, Nov-18-18 at 12:38.