Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 07:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252.6/252.6/175 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I Am So Discouraged...

Hello,

I got on the scales and I am 4 pounds higher than I was when I started.... I am not giving up...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 09:08

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

When I start my weight goes UP. In a few days the water weight who's yes for a big drop in scale weight. Then two weeks later weight loss levels a bit.....

Otherwise how are u feeling? Are u drinking eniugh? Taking a vit/mineral supplement? Eating 20 carbs worth if veg? Eating until satisfied?

Other problems?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 09:19

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

If you just started, what you ate the days before you started effects your weight now.. I takes 2 days for it to show on the scale for me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 09:23

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

You have the support of your doctor...my suggestion is to only weigh at her office. We are 2/3 water and there are large swings in water weight that have nothing to do with fat loss. One good way to monitor progress is by how your clothes fit. And for you, to also monitor your fasting blood glucose every morning, and after meals.

I linked a good simple clinic program in your intro...are you eating only the foods on it, and limiting those that have quanity limits?

Note: be sure you leave "notifications on" so you can find your way back to threads you started or commented on easily.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 12:12

BF:

Hi Ms. Arielle,
I am well. I am drinking a lot more water than I ever have. I am feeling good except for a nasty little headache. I am going to have to get myself a vitamin supplement. Today I was with my Aunt and she took me to Shoney's and I got the food bar. I feel that I got enough veggies. I tried to eyeball the veggies and get what I was supposed to... I hope I didn't blow it... but I am still not going to quit.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 12:14

BF:

Hi Meme#1,
I would say I shouldn't have gotten on the scale. I am going to stay off the scale until after my induction.

Thanks for writing me..
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-18, 12:17

BF:

Hi Janet,

I went to my lung doctor today. I am just going to have to really watch my carb and veggie intake. I am also drinking a whey protein shake at night. That might be the problem right there. I will go back and go by the simple clinic program you linked me.
Thanks again!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 03:24

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Great. The best type of low carb diet is based on Whole Foods. No shakes, no bars, especially those Atkins bars. Keep cooked foods like hard boiled eggs, cooked bacon, sausage, cheese, cooked chicken, etc in the fridge so you always have something to eat. You will be eating healthy, filling fats and protein, and your hunger will be reduced.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 06:45

BF:

I was drinking 1 shake per night. Last night I replaced it with a few pork rinds and 2 slices cheese. I like to eat something before going to bed so my BG won't fall after taking my Actos.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 10:56

BF:

Like Janet said, Have cooked food ready to eat.
Eat real food not shakes.
Make a pot of something. Chicken cooked with celery and some onions, herbs like poultry seasoning with has all of the herbs in one container.
Eat some of it as a soup and take some of the chicken out and chop it up to make chicken salad made with mayo and some chopped up boiled eggs. Eat it with a salad/lettuce or just by it's self.

There is a recipe on here for ground beef with shredded cabbage, all cooked down....its good.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=453302

Here's the new location of the Crack-slaw recipe
http://victoriahaneveer.com/recipes...assic-crackslaw

Last edited by Meme#1 : Tue, Oct-16-18 at 11:04.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 11:46

BF:

Thank you Meme! I won't be drinking anymore shakes. Last night I had some pork rinds and a couple slices of cheese. I am going to fry up more chicken this evening and have it in the refrigerator for when I need a snack which isn't that often but I like to have something after I take my Actos sugar diabetes meds at night when sugar is normal afraid it will go down after taking that med.

I am checking out those recipes you sent! Thank you so much.

Barb
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 12:27

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

When I was in induction, I would bake up huge packages of chicken wings or ribs, and freeze them. That was my go to food when I was hungry, had cravings, was in a rush or just didn’t feel like cooking (or thinking), just pull out a few and microwave. They were a life saver for me, one of my favourite foods, always there, and helped me to never feel deprived or hungry. Useful tool.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 15:08

BF:

Hi Ci!

I have got a couple chicken breasts friying without the breading just a lot of spices and string beans for tonight's dinner plus when I need a snack tonight.

I am going to get some chicken tenders next and fry all of them up along with some other meat delights to have when I need them.

Thanks for the ideas!!
Barb
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 15:21

BF:

One thing to think of in the future is cooking meat with fat. Chicken with skin and bone, fatty ground beef (no more low-fat). Because most of us have been told to cut the fat, eat low fat for the past 30 years, it's almost pounded into our heads to keep that up.

We use fat to cook like butter, bacon drippings, chicken fat, olive oil etc...
but don't cheat with crackers, bread, pasta or any other carb because it won't work otherwise. If you stay on the plan 100%, you will see the weight fall off faster than you can imagine!
Not only does fat keep us satisfied and full but it if you eliminate all of the bad carbs (not veggies) you will reverse your diabetes.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 19:04

BF:

How do I journal? I know how to make my own food journal, I do it daily but how do I post it on here?