Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 22:04
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Quiche Recipes

This is not complete yet. I will continue to add as I experiment with most recipes. I wanted to at least post what I have so far. There are dairy free recipes included and I will add vegan recipes, or egg free for those sensative later as I try them out.

All these have been baked. Not all have been taste tested as I can't manage that much food people! Quiches freeze well so I have cut single serving portions of all and froze. I'll add information on if a recipe doesn't freeze well if I discover it.

Quiche Recipes

Dairy Free Recipes:

Spinach Avacado

1 14oz package Spinach
2 avacados Hass (The black soft kind)
4 slices Bacon (I use extra lean turkey bacon)
8 eggs
1 package Silken Firm Lite Tofu (not in water)
1 tsp hot sauce
1/4 cup mayo
optional to taste (onions, garlic, cilantro)

Preheat oven to 360 and grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.

Thaw spinach and drain extreamly well using a towel. Mash avacados into spinach. Add garlic and onions if using. Press into bottom of 9x13 greased bakign dish. Crumble bacon over Spinach mixture.

Beat eggs in seperate bowel about 3 mins or until double in size. Add tofu, mayo, and hot sauce and continue to beat until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Poor egg mixture evenly over spinach mixture. Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins. Let sit before cutting

Serves 8
Per Serving:
Calories: 227.13
Fat: 17.75 (73%)
Carb: 6.38
Fiber: 3.63
Net Carb: 2.75
Protien: 12.13
Also gives 505g of Potassium!

Vegan Recipes:

Egg Free with Dairy Recipes:

Recipes With Dairy:

Many of these just started with Rosebud's basic quiche muffin recipe found at http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...t=quiche+muffin

I used Carb Countdown whole milk in all these recipes. Heavy cream or half and half can be used instead.

For dinner we had the deep dish pizza quiche: Recipe is located at
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087
High cal, but extreamly filling. My version with mushrooms and turkey pepperoni came out to 257 cals a slice.

Deep Dish Pizza Quiche
4oz Neufchatel
1/3 cup milk
Italian Seasonings to taste
2 cups pizza blend cheese
1/2 cup Ragu Light
1 cup mozzarella shredded

Toppings: (included in fitday totals)
1 cup mushroom slices
2 servings turkey pepperoni

Preheat oven to 375 and grease 8 - 9 inch pan.

Beat together neufchatel and egg. Add cream and italian spices an dbeat until blended,

If you want pepperoni on the bottom, l ine the bottom of pan with slices, else reserve pepperoni for topping. Spread pizza blend cheese in bottom of greased 8 - 9 inch circle cake or deep pie pan. Poor egg mixture on top and cook for 35 mins or until middle is no longer liquidy.

Spread Ragu on top, then arange mushrooms in a single layer on top. Add grated mozzarella, then pepperoni if not used as a bottom layer.

Cook around 5-10 mins longer until cheese is melted. May brown, if not you can place under broiler for about 2-4 minutes to finish off. Let stand at least 10 mins before cutting.

Makes 8 servings.
Per Serving (including pepperoni and mushrooms)
Calories: 256.75
Fat: 17.75
Carbs: 3.5
Fiber 0.375
Protien: 20.5

Brie Breakfast Bake
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...light=brie+bake
The only change I made to this was to remove the rind before processing the Brie Cheese, and using Carb Countdown Milk in place of half & Half. It came out great.

4oz Brie Cheese
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Eggs

Preheat oven to 375. Grease a Glass Baking dish, I used one that was around 8x8. I used a 7 inch and had it spread over side very slightly as it puffed.

Remove most of rind from cheese, then puree in blender until smooth. Since rind is missing you can probably use a regular mixer with success. The mixer would probably whip eggs better we well as not have the cheese stick to sides as much. Add milk and eggs, then blend until smooth. Add basil, oregano, and parsely to taste. Poor into baking dish and bake 25-35 mins. Let sit at least 5 mins before cutting. As the quiche sits it will deflate, that isn't a worry.

The Brie taste is very mild in this. It is a very filling and great tasting dish.

Serves 2
Per Serving:
Calories: 220
Fat: 16
Carbs: 2
Fiber: 0
Protien: 16

BlueCheese Crab Quiche
addapted from http://www.recipesource.com/main-di...04/rec0482.html

1 can crab meat
1/4 cup blue cheese*
1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded*
4 eggs
1 cup milk

Preheat over to 350. Blend together crab meat, blue cheese and mozzarella cheese. Place in bottom of greased 8 or 9 inch circular cake pan. Beat together eggs and milk. Place on top of cheese mixture and bake for 35-45 minutes until center is set.

*If you shred and crumble your own cheese you can save on carbs. Most preshredded and crumbled cheeses use starchy anticaking agents such as potato starch.

Serves 8
Per Serving:
Calories 123.5
Fat: 7.38
Carbs: 1.25
Fiber: 0
Protien: 12.3

Salmon Spinach Mini-Quiche

8 eggs
4 oz soft goat cheese
1/2 14oz package spinach thawed and water pressed out
1/2 foil package salmon

Preheat oven to 305. Line 12 (I only got 11, If you do have any empty cups, fill with water prior to baking for even baking of quiches) muffin tins with liners. (You can try greasing instead, I use liners for easy storage). I blended everything together. What would work much better though would be to combine spinach and salmon together, then press into the bottom of the muffin cups. Make sure goat cheese is softened and blend together with eggs. Poor egg mixture over spinach mix and bake for 20-30 mins. You can use cream cheese in place of some or all of goat cheese.

Serves 11-12 (these numbers are for 11 servings)
Per Serving:
Calories 96
Fat: 6.18
Carbs: 1.09
Fiber: 0.354
Protien: 9

Mini Mexican Quiches

4 oz PepperJack Cheese - shredded*
4 oz Mild Cheddar - Shredded*
1/2 onion
1/2 green pepper
8 eggs
1/4 cup milk
hotsauce to taste

Preheat oven to 305. Line 12 muffin tins with liners. (you can try greasing isntead, liners make for easy storage) Shred cheeses and combine. Chop onion and green pepper then combine with cheeses. In seperate bowl beat together eggs, milk, and hotsauce. Line muffin tins with cheese mixture. Poor egg mixture on cheese. Bake for 20-30 mins until toothpick comes out clean.

*(these came out extreamly greasy. Try reducing cheese to 1-2oz of each type)

Serves 12
Per Serving
Calories: 128.25
Total Fat: 9.5
Carbs: 1.25
Fiber: 0.167
Protien: 9.17

Spinach Feta Pie
Addapted from http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...pinach+feta+pie

6 eggs
1/4 cup milk
4oz neufchatel cheese
1/3 cup feta, crumbled
12oz frozen spinach thawed and pressed dry
1 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp garlic (I used minced in jar)
Onion powder
Salt and pepper

Beat together eggs, milk, and cheese. Add dill, salt and pepper, mix well.

In seperate dish mix spinach, onion powder, and garlic. Press into the bottom of 8 or 9 inch greased cake or deep pie pan. Sprinkle feta over spinach evenly. Poor egg mixture over spinach. Bake at 400 for 15 mins then reduce heat to 350 and cook 30 mins longer.

Serves 8
Per Serving:
Calories: 125.13
Fat: 8.75
Carbs: 3.25
Fiber: 1.38
Protien: 8.75

Last edited by LadyBelle : Mon, Dec-01-03 at 22:16.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 08:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Thank you so much for the recipes.

I am learning that I like Quiches a lot!

I never made them before this WOE.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 13:16

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 255/233/150 Female 5ft 6.5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I had never tried Quiche before and made the spinach avacado. I adore both of those, so thought I would give it a go...it is AWESOME!!

Thank you for posting the recipes...I will be trying more of those.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 14:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/170/135 Female 5foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Brie Breakfast Bake

Loved loved loved (!) the brie breakfast bake....I love brie cheese and this recipe is delicious
Thanks for sharing it!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 04:10
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I really loved the way the Spinich Avacado one puffed up and got a golden crust. I wasn't to impressed with my filling though. I think I'm going to make another dairy free one, but this time with broccoli. Maybe broccoli almon, or I could even incorperate my favorite stir fry and have broccoli, almonds, coconut, and diced shrimp, now that sounds good.

I loved the Brie bake for breakfast too Made with heavy cream it could probably even work on the fat fast, though you may have to cut it into more servings. Thanks to the origional poster who came up with it
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 16:41

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

I just made a simple quiche...I like hot foods but this quiche can be made with chorizo or hamburger.

Simple Mini Quiche

8 eggs
2 tablespoons Cream Cheese
2 Tablespoons Cream, Half and Half, Low Carb milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 chopped hot pepper-(jalapenos, serrano etc. or just plain green pepper)

In a bowl, mix the eggs and the cream cheese together, add the rest of the ingredients. Pour into greased muffin tins and bake 15 to 20 mins. Makes 11 mini quiches.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 18:49
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

I just made a delicious tasting quiche..even dh loved it.. by the looks of him helping himself to seconds!

Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche