Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 21:46
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Self-sabotage: Why? How do you stop?

After almost a year on this board, I've seen more than a few examples of people who self-sabotage their weight loss efforts. I don't understand this because it's never happened to me, but I'd like to be able to help those that experience it.

An example of this behavior would be someone who has been overweight and dieted before. They successfully lose, say, 50 pounds, but are still another 50 pounds away from goal. They fall off the wagon....big time....and experience a sudden loss of control that they once had. In most cases, this is a repeat experience of some previous weight loss.... at almost the exact same point. It's as if some psychological trigger goes off at this set point, creating a cycle of self-sabotage. It is totally confounding to the person experiencing it.

Have you ever had this experience?

Have you ever successfully overcome it to move on toward your goal?

What insights did you gain?

Do you have suggestions to share with others?

It would be great if this thread could bring these people together. It is my hope that a fruitful discussion ensues.
Sponsored Links