Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 14:17

Plan: low carb for life
Stats: ???/???/??? Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I did freeze it but it gets really hard. I pull a little out of freezer and thaw it a bit. Tastes just great. Maybe I'd be better off making 1/2 batches so as not to have to freeze. This stuff is GREAT Karen
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 15:58
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I am gonna try it cause i need something sweet and cheesecake is my fav
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 22:16
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 225/225/145 Female 66 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 0%

i was thinking you could split the recipe and make half vanilla and half chocolate with unsweetened cocoa powder then layering it like a parfait. then shaving a low carb candy bar for choc pieces just lightly on top or a couple of raspberries on the top or both...it would be nice of their were a low carb toffee you could crush and sprinkle on..or layer with.. does anyone know of a toffee low carb candy?
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 00:01
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188.5/168.4/165 Male 67
BF:Kiss Me - Im LC'ng
Progress: 86%

Im a member of FitDay...but for the life of me I dont see where you can enter the ingredients of a recipe and have it come back with nutrional analysis. How are you guys doing this? Thx
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 06:51

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Jon,

Don't know if this is the right way to do it, but here's what I do to create a "custom food"...

To make things easier, click on an empty day and enter each item and amount of the recipe, then write down all the totals you get on a separate piece of paper. Go back to Fitday and click on "New Custom Food" and give your recipe a name, enter the total numbers for fat, protein, carbs, etc from the piece of paper. You can now erase the original list of the recipe.

The only problem with this method is that the "new custom food" won't give you a breakdown, if you forget what made up the recipe, so I keep a record of my own in a separate program.

Judy
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:12
Contributing Member

Stats: 188.5/168.4/165 Male 67
BF:Kiss Me - Im LC'ng
Progress: 86%

Thanks Judy - Im spoiled by MasterCook which is a recipe program...you put in all the ingredients and it returns the nutrional data...unfortunately - and what started all this - the data it gave for this pudding was different than FitDay....and I think Fitday is more accurate.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:50

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Jon,

Yes, Fitday seems pretty accurate. I think they probably get most of their info from the USDA National Nutrient Database....
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

judy
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 12:32
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

SF toffee, Russel Stovers, I find it at Walmart at the end of the candy isle, they have a section of Sugar Free candies, including LOTS by RS and the Hersheys ones too.

#24   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 20:30

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

Hey,

I made this now twice and absolutely love it. It lasts me all week, because really about 1/2 a cup is very filling with about a 1/4 of cup of blueberries. I made it for a BBQ we had a few weeks ago and set it out near the fruit (cataloupe and stuff like that) all the non low carbers just thought it was fruit dip, but the LOVED it....This is the greatest treat to have as long as I dont over eat on it.
Thanks for sharing it. I think if people like lemon they could use a lemon extract in it instead of vanilla as well..

Cindy
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 09:16
Registered Member

Stats: 189/180/145 Female 5' 3
BF:
Progress: 20%

I made this for the first time last night...yummmmmy. I substituted Divinci SF vanilla for the splenda...lost the 12 carbs for regular splenda and it worked fine.

Kris
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 02:27

Stats: 230/215/180 Male 67
BF:?/20%/
Progress: 30%
Default Wow...

I have no idea how boil water and I decided to try this since I had been having a sweet tooth lately. My usual fix is some low carb icecream(since it’s the only thing I know how to make) I went to the store to pick up the ingredients and thought of putting A crushed CarbWise Chocolate Peanut Crunch bar on top.... I’m a huge fan of these bars and I thought they might go great with something that tastes like cream-cheese.

WOW... TRY IT… It tastes awesome. The two compliment each other greatly and it only adds 3 net carbs to the entire recipe. I put the bar in a plastic bag and stepped on it. It broke apart pretty easily and only took about 1 minute or so. I poured the batter in a pie pan and sprinkled the crushed bar on top and threw the pan in the fridge. =). Thanks for the great recipe. Tastes great…

-Miker
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 23:46

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 235/180/150 Female 5' 3''
BF:
Progress: 65%

Wow, I made this 4 nights ago and brought some to work to share with fellow low-carbers and I just had to make another batch tonight. This is delicious, sent the recipe to my sister and she loved it too. I dished out 3X1/2 cup servings and to the balance of the mixture I added 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and 2 packets of Canadian Sugar Twin. Yum! Thanks for posting this great (and easy) recipe.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 13:06

Stats: 241/236/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

I made this last night and it rocks!!

Next batch i am going to divide into 3 parts...add some cocoa/splenda to one, some 50/50 strawberry jam to another, and some peanut butter to the other!!

I will let you gys know how that turns out!!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 12:07

Plan: Modified Atkins/Zone
Stats: 130/100/105 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 120%
Thumbs up Cheesecake Pudding

I am officially addicted to the cheesecake pudding. However, I use about 1/2 cup of regular Cool Whip instead of the heavy whipping cream. I don't think it adds more than about .5-1 carb per serving, and it's a lot easier.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 16:20

Plan: just do it
Stats: 140/131/115 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 36%

i've made this before as a quick treat when i really needed something sweet only i did not use the sour cream. i'll have to try this version.