Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 16:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/220/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default First real binge after 5 months of strict induction

I couldn't do it today. I've done it every day since September 20. But, today I couldn't do it. I ate a giant chocolate chip cookie. I drank a Coke because I figured "what the heck!" I ate a Zebra roll to punish myself further. Then I threw up!... I am not crazy! Am I??? I am so beyond proud of what I've done over these five months but that scale is dragging now. It's gone from 4 and 5 lbs every week to maybe 1 or 2. It's hard! I'm back in my zone again. I'm ready for these 50 lbs to go. The first 70 have changed me in so many ways. I feel good. Physically, mentally and socially I'm talking to people again. I had a moment. It won't happen again like this. I hope it doesn't. I want this really bad. My goal is 155. I started at 286. Today I'm 217. Tomorrow??? Who knows! I can do this...can't I?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 17:04

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Were you looking for any feedback or just letting us know how it's going? If it's the later, thanks for the interesting update and welcome to this great resource!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 17:20

Stats: 286/220/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Feedback is always welcome. I guess I was venting. Looking for some reinforcement which your reply offered already. I know someone heard me. I'm sure with your awesome success you've maybe had a day here and there where you had to ward off defeat. I guess today was my day. Congratulations on your success.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 17:26

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

There is no success, only change
There is no defeat, only learning

You can do this one day, one meal, at a time, just like every other human being that ever lived has. There is no other way that I know of. PS You are not crazy

You will do well.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 17:54

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almosthot
I couldn't do it today. I've done it every day since September 20. But, today I couldn't do it. I ate a giant chocolate chip cookie. I drank a Coke because I figured "what the heck!" I ate a Zebra roll to punish myself further. Then I threw up!... I am not crazy! Am I??? I am so beyond proud of what I've done over these five months but that scale is dragging now. It's gone from 4 and 5 lbs every week to maybe 1 or 2. It's hard! I'm back in my zone again. I'm ready for these 50 lbs to go. The first 70 have changed me in so many ways. I feel good. Physically, mentally and socially I'm talking to people again. I had a moment. It won't happen again like this. I hope it doesn't. I want this really bad. My goal is 155. I started at 286. Today I'm 217. Tomorrow??? Who knows! I can do this...can't I?

Don't beat yourself up too badly, most of us have slips. Here's what is important: you had the goodies, you even got sick! So make this a one-day event and go right back to your Atkins diet tomorrow. A one-day relapse won't hurt anything as long as you limit it to one day. And then concentrate on getting back to business and be determined not to slip up again soon.

What is damaging....and I've done this too many times to count....is messing up and then turning it into a daily event that goes on for days or weeks or months. Been there, done that.

Also...LOOK AT HOW MUCH YOU HAVE LOST! Congratulations, and in my opinion, you are doing fantastic! Keep it up and stay positive because YES...you CAN do this and reach your goal. You can!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 18:21

Plan: Keto
Stats: 261/239/199 Female 5'10"
BF:Too much
Progress: 35%

Quote:

3 years ago I had my first Keto diet attempt. Under 20 carbs for 8 months. Every shopping trip was a struggle, I was waiting for that urge to eat more carbs to go away but it never did. Finally, one day, it was not worth it to me anymore. That was the end of the low carb diet and I didn't care if I was getting bigger again. A few months later of course I regretted that decision but realized something. I was just too much extreme one way or the other. So, this time I decided to schedule carb days to get it out of my system before I throw the towel. It works (for me anyway). I know there are a lot of low carbers here totally against it and tell you that you must never eat another morsel of higher carb food again or you are doomed. Again, for some people it may be the truth but everybody is different. I started low carb again in May of 2016 and 3-4 months later I felt exactly as deprived as I did 3 years ago. But, instead of throwing the towel I decided to allow myself that 1 carb day. Needless to say I got nauseous and sick and felt terrible the next day but I was happy I did it because suddenly that low carb wasn't so bad anymore. It was easy to switch again. It took approximately 4 weeks of under 20 carbs/day and the deprivation feeling kicked in again. I planned another carb day and same thing happened. Weight wise that 1 carb day never really did much but here I am- 9 months later- still sticking with it happily. Everybody is different
Hang in there!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-17, 08:03

Plan: Atkins 72 Induc Lifer IF
Stats: 249/157/150 Female 5'7.5"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:

Oh goodness....get back on the horse, you can do this. In week moments come to this forum before putting that poison down the hatch. That's what I did and that helped tremendously. Remember this woe, the scale can move slow but the inches melt away, don't over do it on protein or fats, keep it simple. Come here for support. I have had months where the scale just wouldn't budge but yet my clothing would hang on me and then a whoosh! You can do this!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-17, 08:39
Registered Member

Stats: 305/211/160 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andruschka
3 years ago I had my first Keto diet attempt. Under 20 carbs for 8 months. Every shopping trip was a struggle, I was waiting for that urge to eat more carbs to go away but it never did. Finally, one day, it was not worth it to me anymore. That was the end of the low carb diet and I didn't care if I was getting bigger again. A few months later of course I regretted that decision but realized something. I was just too much extreme one way or the other. So, this time I decided to schedule carb days to get it out of my system before I throw the towel. It works (for me anyway). I know there are a lot of low carbers here totally against it and tell you that you must never eat another morsel of higher carb food again or you are doomed. Again, for some people it may be the truth but everybody is different. I started low carb again in May of 2016 and 3-4 months later I felt exactly as deprived as I did 3 years ago. But, instead of throwing the towel I decided to allow myself that 1 carb day. Needless to say I got nauseous and sick and felt terrible the next day but I was happy I did it because suddenly that low carb wasn't so bad anymore. It was easy to switch again. It took approximately 4 weeks of under 20 carbs/day and the deprivation feeling kicked in again. I planned another carb day and same thing happened. Weight wise that 1 carb day never really did much but here I am- 9 months later- still sticking with it happily. Everybody is different
Hang in there!

Yeah ideally we wouldn't have those rare cheat days. But as long as you try and try until you can low carb no more and give in to some carbs for ONE DAY then go straight back to the diet its really insignificant that rare cheat day. The problem is when people get into a habit of cheating constantly or schedule cheat days which isn't wise. You want to cheat on keto only when you are at that emotional breaking point thats it. I just had some cheetos granola bars and hersheys chocolate yesterday. But now I'm back to work so to speak with low carb. I imagine cheating like taking a very very short vacation is all.