Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 11:18

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Just Stop Jiggling When I Walk

Hoping I got this in the right thread now. , I am sooo laughing at myself right now.
So, I'm doing the 10/10 video 10 years younger in 10 hours.....Callanetics
Love how it flattens my stomach, stops the jiggle in my walk and the back feels soooooo much better.
I posted in specific exercise plan with no bites.
No Problem though.
Just finished 4/10
got three sessions in last week. Tues, Thurs, and Sat., Thought I would try Monday so it would be every two days.....Mondays are a no go, can't get out of my own way on Mondays so Tues, Thurs, and Sat. it is. This works out really well because I race on Wednesday and Thursday nights and that is a work out in itself.
Scotiagirl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/139.6/120 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 25%

whats the workout like?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 12:25

BF:
Default Hi KelBelle

I never taken a palates class but I think that is probably the closes comparison it is slow movements, it works those muscles really deeply and it changes your body fast. The other thing I love is that you don't have to use any equipment other than your body, in the tape they use a bar but there are lots of ideas for alternatives. I like the original version but there are new versions like Cardio Callanetics, Callanetics Revolution and several for specific areas of the body.
It's an hour session and looks easy until you start doing 100 rep's of the stomach exercises.But the teacher is calm and explains things well also she tells you to go at your own pace and work up to the counter, it is set for intermediate students. It works remarkably well and by the end of the fourth session I can really see a difference in my stomach. It's great if you have lower back issues, there's some amazing stretches in there too.
It is deceiving though, you look at the tape and think that looks too easy, but the muscles you are contracting are deep, that is why it works so well.
Can you tell I love it?
Hope this helps.
Jo-Ann
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 12:28
Registered Member

BF:

awesome thanks! i have to look into it. im thinking about doing yoga tapes that i have ive done it once before andit killed! so i know it worked but then just stopped. now im walking the boardwalk (4 miles) everyother day and want to add in the yoga. What do you think?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 12:40

BF:

Yoga sounds great, you just have to find something you love. If you don't it's really hard to stick to. Maybe you need to find another yoga tape that appeals to you. I have a lot of tapes and this one is the only one I really enjoy. It also makes my back feel great and I feel so much more relaxed so there is the added benefit that I think got me past the first two sessions and into the second week.
Walking is a great exercise, I would never make it as a runner. Glad to hear that you are thinking of adding to it. It is true (though I can't believe I'm saying it) exercise is addictive.

Jo-Ann
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 12:43
Registered Member

BF:

Im looking to flatten the tummy.. and believe it or not make my shoulders looks smaller im tired of looking like i can lineback for the NY giants!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 12:46

BF:

Oh yah, I know exactly what you mean, vanity is a good enough reason any day of the week. Being fit is an added benefit.
Scotiagirl
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 06:25

BF:

Callanetics has help me fit into a second pair of my pants. Last week I only had one pair of pants that fit, tightly, last night I thought....I'll take a chance, tried on my size 14's and they fit comfortably, sat down....they fit comfortably. I was so happy, success at last. What a reward!
Now that's the motivation any girl likes.
Scotiagirl
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 06:59
Registered Member

BF:

oh definitley! i have old clothes that i keep just for that. of the satisfaction of one day getting into them again.

Congrats!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-03-09, 07:37

BF:

So I had a crazy day yesterday and didn't get my callanetics done....they will get done today. But I did get out to race on a sailboat, it is smaller than I usually race on but you definitely move those muscles and because it heals over you have to hike out...stomach muscles at work big time, because the sails are smaller you don't get the upper body work out that you get on the bigger boats. Just thought that since this is a "gym/exercise" journal I should track the exercise that I get in on a daily bases.
Scotiagirl

Oh yah I now have 4 pairs of pants that fit and my stretchies are not stretching when I put them on anymore!!!!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-03-09, 08:37
macabrem

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaGirl
So I had a crazy day yesterday and didn't get my callanetics done....they will get done today. But I did get out to race on a sailboat, it is smaller than I usually race on but you definitely move those muscles and because it heals over you have to hike out...stomach muscles at work big time, because the sails are smaller you don't get the upper body work out that you get on the bigger boats. Just thought that since this is a "gym/exercise" journal I should track the exercise that I get in on a daily bases.
Scotiagirl

Scotiagirl,
You race sailboats? I'm envious. I've never even been on a sailboat. It sounds like a great form of exercise though.

I bet Nova Scotia is like some amazing fantasy land full of leisure, great weather, and good times compared to the United States.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-03-09, 08:56

BF:

I live 5 minutes from the water, my parents live right on it, one over from the yacht club. I would not want to live any other place, being on the coast the weather changes a lot, it is similar to Maine or Boston.
I race at least once a week and some weeks up to 5 days and have been doing it for over 20 years. I love the summer....and the people I race with, different crews, different boats, different types of races...it's all fun. Being Nova Scotia the winds range from nothing to blow the door off...we go out in everything...I guess that's why they say "Nova Scotian sailors are up for anything." we also blow up a lot of sails......which unless they're too old the most likely cause is having to much sail area up (too big a sail) for the wind conditions.
I'm off to do my callanetics now.
Scotiagirl

Last edited by ScotiaGirl : Fri, Jul-03-09 at 09:01.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-03-09, 10:29

BF:

Session 5 done. Those stomach crunches are intense....4 sets of 100...I'm able to do 90/100, the other exercise that gets me is a leg exercise that I can only do 2/3...I have improved dramatically since I first started. Of the 4 sets of stomach crunches #1-65/100, and #2,3,&4 only 50/100.

I have 4 pairs of pants I now fit into up from the 1 pair that fit only early last week. These exercise work fast and deep, so it's definitely worth the effort. Scheduling is very important though.
I have made up the session that I missed yesterday due to bad scheduling and tomorrow I will be back on schedule.
I feel great!!!!
Scotiagirl
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jul-04-09, 04:16

BF:

Extraordinary!!!

Last night was the first night (in I can't remember how long) I didn't have any lower back or hip pain when I slept. I couldn't believe it. These exercises work so fast I'm in awe.

I will definitely be getting my hour in today. It's only 7:15 in the morning so it will be a little while before I post again, but I just wanted to put down in writing what a wonderful feeling it is to not have to spend atleast an hour trying to get comfortable enough to fall a sleep at night and then wake up when you move.
I am just too happy this morning. A good nights sleep is fantastic reward.

Scotiagirl
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-05-09, 06:55

BF:

Frustrated that the abdominal muscle in top right popped and was in "charley horse" type of pain. Did some research, I am not alone, intense stomach crunches.....day in between this type of exercise is important in order to let the muscle heal.

So yesterday was a bust for Callanetics, so much of it is stomach related exercises and stretches, muscle feels a little better today. Might try wrapping it for support. It just pops out in a ridge about 3 inches long and really hurts, to touch, but massaging it seems to be the only way to get it to "pop" back down.

I feel like I'm trying to catch up with little success, I guess I can look at it this way, I'm not giving up, I'm trying to find the right pace for my level of fitness, my problem is I just want it all, now and I'm finally motivated enough to do it and my body won't let me.....this is so not what I expected.....it has always been that my body was able but I was not motivated.

I am no longer "fat, dumb and happy", I want to be "fit, healthy and ecstatic". I WANT IT ALL!!!!

I am going to get my callanetics done today even if I have to wrap it,modify it, or just burn through it, I want it soooooooooooo bad.

Scotiagirl