Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, May-13-19, 07:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Here's my post from that other thread, it applies here as well:
While many are inspired to start this journey from hearing fantastic stories of dramatic and fast weight loss, the practicality sets in once you understand how you respond. It's a process, and if you stay consistent, you will get results. Enjoy the journey!

Patrick I agree w/ what GRB5111 stayed here. I initially got caught up in the dramatic & fast weight loss. I got somewhat discouraged but then realized everyone is so different and as long as I was losing I was not gaining. 😁. I’ve lost slowly but I’m happy with that. This allows me to learn about my body and how it reacts to my way of eating. My loss is averaging about 2 - 2.5 lbs. per month. Slow and STEADY. I remember that I’m healthier. That is the golden ring. Welcome and enjoy each day.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, May-14-19, 09:00

Plan: Atkins - New Diet Rev
Stats: 189/181.6/160 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Thanks so much for all of your support! I felt slimmer this morning. I started really feeling like some weight had come off in inches, without measuring the last couple of days. I don't normally weigh myself more than once a week, but I noticed that I suddenly dropped a few more pounds today. This just shows how we can retain salt, etc. I've been following a more strict version and also with the fiber, I think that's helped.

Thank you all so much for normalizing everyone! I got stuck in that linear mentality!

It has been a long time since I did Atkins. I'm definitely learning everything from scratch. I'm thankful to the forum as well because while the book has a lot of information, people here are speaking from experience!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-19, 12:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

I have to keep calories low as well as carbs. Hang in there.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-19, 13:46

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

The huge losses typically occur in people with >60 lbs to lose, not 21.6 lbs to lose. The average loss is up to 1 lb/wk for men and up to 0.5 lbs/week for women closer to goal, so you are doing average or better.

The other thing to think about is that low-carb needs to become a way of life to maintain the weight loss, so it helps to learn ways to make the diet livable.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-19, 23:30

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 219.0/214.8/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

Pork rinds were not on the original plan, and while they may be carb free and now allowed, they are loaded with salt.

I had one of Dr Atkin's oldest books and he allowed pork rinds. He talked about what a great snack they were. I had never heard of a pork rind before I read it in his book. I read that book several times from cover to cover. I was about 15 years old and I am almost 57 now. They are definitely loaded with salt.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-19, 08:58

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myca
Pork rinds were not on the original plan, and while they may be carb free and now allowed, they are loaded with salt.
Which makes them a great options for low carb, since we need more salt than on a high carb diet!

Dr. James DiNicolantonio is a great expert to check out on how much salt we need. He's written a good book, The Salt Fix, and he's appeared on a lot of the big LC podcasts.