Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 14:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/155/138 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Cool Jeepgirl Whirly-Crazy Workout

Well after weeks of being back at the gym, I am NOW seeing this section of the message boards. I can't begin to catch-up but I will say that I have become addicted to spinning classes. I do a one hour class 3 - 4 times a week, and also lift weights.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 12:52

BF:
Default Wednesday July 30, 2003

Today I did my usual noon spin class at the gym. This type of workout quickly becomes addictive.

We did a lot of high intensity hill climbing with a good amount of tension on the bike. The pedals at times felt like I was struggling through quick sand. At the end of the hour I felt invigorated. At the half-way point I felt like walking out. hehe
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:13

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi-
I enjoy spinning too. In the summer, I sweat buckets. It is actually a nice feeling. I read your other site in the turtle section about water retention. Very strange. You tried one medication already and it didn't work? There must be other medications out there. Have you tried any other medication? I'm interested in your out come with the internist.
Angie
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:29

BF:

Thanks Angie....

Yeah the whole water retention, and weight gain mystery is driving me nuts. HOPEFULLY the internist will have some answers.

As for spin.... YES love it.

Today I did 30 low intensity cardio on my eliptical...perks of having a personal trainer rooming with me.

After that I went to the gym and did an hour spin class. Same instructor from Thursday who kicks everyone's booty.

I will do the same for the next couple of days, and take one day off. Then I will start the three day cycle again.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:33

BF:

Hi-
I'm going to go to spinning today also. Then I'm going to a strength class. I think that is the best combination. For cardio, I get burnt out of anything after a couple of months. I was really into spinning about 6 months ago. Then I got sick of it and did cardio on machines and listened to music. Now I'm back to spinning and interval classes. I gotta switch stuff around. Do you also do free weights? I don't but I was wondering if I should. I would need to get a trainer for a while to learn it. It is so expensive. If I do, I'll wait until fall when my daughter is in school and I won't have to pay childcare.
Angie
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:42

BF:

Youre doing a great combination or aerobic and strength training. A good amount of stretching is advisable, since the spin classes tend to shorten muscles.

I do lift weights as well. I try to get an all around workout. A good investment if you are into doing cardio workouts is a heart monitor. I received a Polar monitor as a gift. The strap goes under your shirt, around your lower chest area and the watch gives you the readings. It helps me have better control of my target heart rate.

Out of curiousity, how much have you been charged or were you going to be charged for personal training? The gym here has some outrageous rates, and I didnt know if it was a universal thing.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 20:05

BF:

Hi-
I have a heart monitor, but I don't use it. I should, but if I'm sweaty, I assume that I'm in my range. One time when I came home my husband asked me if it was raining outside!!! No, just me and a good cardio. Yes, personal training is very expensive. It is like 35 dollars a hour, but if I find a buddy we can split it. I have 2 small kids and I have to pay nursery charges. It is 2.50 per child per hour. Plus, my health club charges like 50 a month fees. I work out a lot (5 days a week between 1-2 hours per time). With childcare, it adds up quick. My husband would freak if it was 100 dollars higher for persoanl training!!! However, my classes-spinning and strength training are free. Are you married or involved with anyone? Do you have kids? Angie
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 07:50

BF:

Okay it has been a while since I posted. Current life events (hectic work schedule, sick puppy) has prevented me from posting. I missed out on going to the gym most of last week, but I am not knocking myself for it. I put in 82 hours last week, so I think I am allowed to use ANY spare time to rest. Sometimes falling off of the wagon is okay.

This week I am going back to the gym. I dropped a pound from last week, which suprises me; but hey I will take it!

So it is spin for at least 4 times this week.