Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 10:32

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%
Default low carb milk

Hello, all. Of all the things I missed on my first go-round with LC, milk was a biggie. Since then, I have discovered reduced sugar milk. It's not a food that I have a lot of, but 8 oz is only 3g, so with an all fat/protein meal it's still within my 15g. allotment for the day. There is another brand of low carb milk but I can't think of it right now. Those who avoid all artificial sweeteners will not want it and it has carageenan and guar gum, so that is the disclaimer. However, I never drink a whole 8 oz. glass and it hits the spot sometimes.

Now, what I would like to propose is that we flood the maker with requests for a full fat version. With the newer awareness of the beneficial nature of fat, we need to ratchet up the understanding to include animal fats. I know that the story in Time did include them but lots of people are still limiting their expansion to avocado and coconut. We need full fat, reduced sugar products. Will anyone help me with this campaign?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 16:04

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I love this idea! And you are so right, full fat is necessary.

Like I read somewhere recently, drink a full fat milk if you have to drink milk. The fat in it helps you feel fuller, longer. I'm all for it! Besides, I don't care for that watered down skim milk, and believe me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE cow's milk!! The real stuff! A local dairy makes it where they don't remove the cream, and O M G when you open that gallon, it has thick globs of cream in it, and holy moly, it is the BEST milk I've ever had! But I've not had it in a year now--I've switched to almond milk.

But I'll sign on, and let the companies know--we want low sugar, full fat milk! Or anything!!! What is the brand?? Count me in Ann!! Count me in!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 17:12

Thumbs up Thanks, Molly.

If you have folks on your FB page, I'll post there asking for help, too. They should be up for making more dough (the lc kind).
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 17:14

It's Hood Calorie Countdown. They make it in chocolate, too, but that's a bit higher of course, though still do-able for a treat for those who can do that. It comes in 2%, which I buy and non-fat. IF they want to keep making those, then fine, but we need it with the fat. I know I would also love to go after Carb Smart for full fat sugar free ice cream. Theirs is good but it could be better.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 17:40
Craft Ninja!

Plan: Dr. Atkins/Dr. Westman
Stats: 204/194/169 Female 5'6" inches
BF:high wght over 204
Progress: 29%

I'm with you, ladies! That is the main thing I miss- my glass of ice cold whole milk every night! We don't have the Hood low sugar or Carb Count Down around here. The closest I can come to milk for me is unsweetened soy milk that I add non-sugar sweetener to. And sometimes add sugar-free chocolate syrup to. :-)
And since you ladies are interested in the egg fast too, I'm thinking maybe I can tweak my cooked custard eggnog recipe to be low carb. :-)
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 17:47

I had to buy another brand today and it's completely skim. Ugh! I feel like a creep buying skim milk.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 19:08

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Can you add cream?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 22:41

I could, yes. I didn't think of that, or if I did, I wasn't sure it would be the same effect. I guess it would. I think it's a long shot that they would respond to us, but I thought it would be good to try. That's a great plan B, though. It's so expensive to start with, as is HWC, that I didn't want to go through the HWC so fast. Thanks for the idea/reminder, though.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-14, 06:47

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Oh, it's an excellent suggestion to the company. It's just companies aren't very often responsive.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 04:32

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 200/185/185 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress:

I make "ice cream" shakes out of a mixture of heavy cream and almond milk. I think that mix is about as milk-like as it gets, and it has almost no carbs. Get the original unsweetened Almond Milk from Blue Diamond.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-14, 07:24

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

I used to LOVE hood's chocolate variety, but to get all the way to goal, i needed to switch to unsweetened coconut milk.
Hood's is definitely more like "real milk" so i would definitely recommend it to someone who is *really* needing a good replacement