Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#721   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-23, 04:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I made Gabby stay out last night since it was so warm. Not sure it worked in my favor as I didn't really sleep very well. Add to that DH was tossing and turning for hours early this morning. He's still a nervous wreck. We had yet another talk yesterday and I thought he was doing better. Sigh....I'm trying to be patient with him. He can't help the worry and doubting himself. He's beating himself up thinking "did we make the best deal we could etc etc". I'm just glad to know we'll never be stuck with that behemoth of a house and all the expenses that go with it. I would have given it away! Anyway.....

--------

Jaz.....No, the Dr. does not want any of the furnishings etc. At some point, we'll clean out the first floor and be done with it. It will be the happiest day of my life when we walk out of that place for the last time.

I'm with you on only needing a small space! Have you ever looked at the "tiny houses"? They have communities of them. I think they are adorable for one person. I can see myself in one if there's a time in my life when I'm alone. I've watched some YouTube videos of people that have the cute little places.

Have you found any promising leads on housing in Greenville?

Trig.....Golf is in full swing! Today is day #6 in a row of playing. The past 2 days have been fantastic and today should be the same. 80 degrees...yes please! A cold front is coming thru on Sunday and then the temps are crashing back to 50's and 60's. That will be hard to take.

Nic......Getting ready for your trip to NYC? Busy, busy!

--------

Well, I have a couple hours to sit and chill before getting ready for golf. Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #722   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-23, 04:21

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, wild reading you tracked down Gabby and pulled her out from under the chair and got her out of the house Sounds like you were WAY over her antics this morning LOL

Luckily for us MIL opted to have all her laundry washed by the facilities service. Worth the few bucks more! My bestie Barb tho does her MILs laundry still....she said she is SO over it but her MIL prefers her to do it.....why no idea LOL but Barb said it is a PIA for sure. I am so glad Tony's mom took the laundry service, omgosh I am so over friggin' laundry from anyone now HA

Oh Lori I think 'us' women get thru situations easier than guys sometimes...in that we handle SO much of life from kids to finances to handling the home and work and then balance out our fun times, you know, gals multi task all in our brains at once, that we can 'put the home aside' and not think about did we make this best deal and more......I tell ya at some point I let it all go also like you said, get the home off ya as soon as you guys can or it can take ya down, mentally and financially. I know we must unload my parents home and now is the time. Getting it over and finished is more important than worrying if we coulda made a tad more on it I know it will out of our hands, one thing I know I sure need now. Let DH just work thru his process, no matter what ya say, you can't get him out of his own head but he will correct that later when the stress of it all is more off him and deals get finalized. Some point we all drop it and move on

Jaz, cool ya got save some bucks on not needing tires yet, but don't worry, that will come around and take your money sooner than later my gosh the bills right?

yea the cold and all is crazy. I had to flip on heat too....going from a day of AC to a day of heat and not sure how in the hell to dress kinda.....but over the years that is how 'the south' sure has become.

So close and it is over and the next move coming but it also sounds like you got a good handle and jump ahead on this move......the cattle bus.....gosh I know you are going to love your new 'remote' job. I watched a movie the other day where everyone is just in 'the old gray cubby' hole and in total brain dead work life ya know. Made me sad thinking how life is for many nowadays. Hamster in a cage, on the wheel. Round and round ya go day by day ya know....ugh. ok enough of that
You got new adventure coming.

What about new digs? Ya hit anything yet? Any good rentals out there that suit you.....go quiet area, with some good outdooor for Ruger....that outdoor area for Ruger even is smaller means alot when you are more permanent in your living ya know.

The old guy is from Charlotte. Not married, don't know but assumed his wife passed. I think all his fam. is in Charlotte and that area can be crazy built up so maybe he 'wanted to retire' and choose a lake house....he did hold out for a ranch style...he said he passed on all homes with stairs/2 floors, and maybe with kids he wanted it bad cause reasonable drive from Charlotte for his fam. to come visit.....HEY guessing all this but ? I know he made a good investment. He puts in like 100k or so on updates and will instantly make that money back on value and 5-8 yrs it will increase easily toward the million dollar home range. Nothing like lake homes or more luxury areas are going down, they are continuing and will be out priced which is scary for me and my future buy on my beach home. We are actually heading into some new weird economic stuff in this world, just to go grocery shopping I have to take out a friggin' loan almost

Nicco.....I know you are resting up for sure. Eating lighter probably cause of the food differences. Did ya enjoy most of your Irish food? Any wild stuff ya ate?

=========Today should be sunny decent so try to do some outside stuff a bit....way later, cold as crap out there now, but when it does warm up I will get my butt out in the sun for sure cause rain comes tomorrow.

gotta vacuum and other chores. I noticed I don't do alot of stuff as much as I did LOL I am slowing down on my cleaning, seem to have alot of dust around HAHA don't care, but one day I will pick up the duster and have at it, right now, don't care about it I AM SO over cleaning.

I can't wait for a 'tiny home' brand new fresh home to call my own. at the coast too! Still a while to go.

Me and kid have to navigate the college site and 'do a list' of stuff from orientation and I think they want money now...ick, lol...and get room assigned and all that jazz.....she has 0 interest to do it, been putting it off days now, but today we are doing it come heck or highwater....like pulling teeth set in cement to get her to do anything! oh well....

be good all, over and out.
  #723   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-23, 04:18

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

save my "spot" I will be back after work! URGHHHHH
  #724   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-23, 05:01

BF:

Good Morning!

Had a decent night's sleep....for once. No golf today, so I'll run some errands and get out for a walk at some point.

--------

Jaz........Have a good day at work!

Nic......What're you going to be doing in NYC?

Trig.....Hope the deal is done on the lake house soon. Having it off your back will be a huge relief, I know.

I could have Betty's laundry done by the facility, but it is minimal. Since she is totally bed bound, all she ever has on is a robe. So, I wash 3 or 4 robes a week and that's it. This week I washed a blanket that she brought from home that she had spilled something on.

---------

Just waiting for DH to leave for work and then I'll have a quiet, leisurely morning. It's going to be our last 80 degree day for a bit. Chance of showers tomorrow, but we're planning to play golf. Looks like Sunday will be ok...just cooler, but bigger rain coming for Monday. Tuesday is windy & cold....I think I'll bail on golf that day. Cold wind is not my jam.

Have good days!
  #725   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-23, 05:12

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey yall

Feeling a little iffy about posting here but looks like you all aren't losing posts so I'll give it a shot.

(update- started this yesterday (th) and never posted so now combining with today)

Trig-

Another freaking GORGEOUS day here in MD. Beautiful skies, not a single cloud, birds singing and just lovely. Light breeze and currently 73 at 10:30AM. I love spring!

(and now it is Friday and another great day)

Glad things are settling with the property. Your kid is so funny in her reluctance to get things set up for the school year. Is she excited about it at all?

Lori- I feel like your poor Dh is headed for an ulcer with all of his worrying. Bless his heart. I know you are frustrated. I would be also. A combination of sympathetic and annoyed!

Jaz- you are closing in on your last days at this job and in the Charleston area. It's nice that you got a chance to see what living there is like.

I think it will be great to be so close to your kids.

•••••••

Okay so now it is Friday and we're headed to the train station in about an hour and a half. I had a weird day yesterday- my stomach had a sudden 'sick' turn- it was a one and done and seemingly out of nowhere but it completely stalled me out of any plans for the day bc I felt like I couldn't leave the house, you know? But the weather was stunningly beautiful and I spent pretty much the whole day on the deck soaking up the warmth and listening to the birds. Lovely.

The Ireland trip- very good. Dd and I got along well. We had a mixed of shared room and separate rooms and I think that helped also. We tried to be sensitive to each other. I did my best on this trip to keep my routines in place- meditation, reading, journaling to start the day in an intentional way. I think that made a big difference for me.

Food in Ireland isn't super great so eating was not an issue. I don't eat low carb on vacation but there was no 'get it while you can' mentality going on and no overeating either. It was sort of strange how little a part food played on this trip for me.

We were lucky with weather- only one day of rain. It was still coat and hat, but temps were comfortable in the 50s and we had three days of sun which really surprised me greatly. I felt very fortunate with the weather given the month we went.

The last two nights we were there our hotel was apparently right near a dance club and the EDM music beat went from 8 pm- 2 AM. I was NOT happy about that and retaliated with a crappy review. lol

Ok, off to NYC shortly. Looking forward to it to some degree but I am just traveled OUT. I am looking forward to getting the ATL trip behind me and getting my butt to DE and CHILLING for a good long time.
  #726   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-23, 05:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

That took a really long time to post and I thought I was going to lose it. Maybe we should start a new thread?
  #727   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-23, 16:47

BF:

still saying my spot- just a shit show at work. Gotta work tomorrow. 2 more people quit- I am done at the end of this week and taking yet another co-worker with me. It is rough.

Chat tomorrow- nothing left to give right now-
  #728   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-23, 04:23

BF:

Howdy-

Finally, here! Gosh what a last few days at work it has been. I am SO done! - If it wasn't for the fact I want that extra Cha Ching in my pocket I would knock off a week early for my ~ weeks. I am considering it deeply.

Now that is out of the way,

NIC-
I am super glad you are home and appeared to have a good time. There is "something" though in your "voice" I just can't put my finger on. Tired? Stressed? hummmmmmm..... something........ I know all the travel can be enough to toss you off your game.
Are you going to ATL. To put your mom's condo up for sale?

I KNOW you are going to be happy to get your butt back to DE and CHILLAX.

Lori-
Yup- saw you guys are getting MY SUN and WARM temps for a few days! Enjoy your game today!

I feel for ya dealing with a worry wart hubby. I don't know which is worse: Someone who could care a less about anything and no cares in the world because someone ELSE has to deal, or a worrier? Both are stressful for us!
Hopefully as you move away from all that you are dealing with it will settle itself out in your hubbys mind. Yeah MAYBE you could have gotten a few more $$ for the house- but it was still a good deal.

Enjoy your day!!!!!- Love you are back in your game!

Trig
- Wowsa on the kiddo not being all over getting the collage stuff lined up. She will most likely "perk up" as the time gets closer and these are "mom" details....... LOLOLOLOL

What do you think about the north getting the sun?!?!?!? Supposed to be nice next week!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Gotta run- sighhhhhhhhhhh
Always behind the 8 ball here. I am glad though to have been able to "try it on for size before plunging in" NO THANKS!

Back at ya later.
  #729   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-23, 05:24

BF:

Good Morning!

Haven't heard from my golf buddy, so I guess we're playing today. Just a slight chance of a rain shower....no biggie.

Yesterday I did a 2 mile walk and then spent 1/2 hour along our road picking up bottles and cans that people so kindly throw out their car windows...slobs.

I have about an hour before getting ready for golf. Hope my golf friend is in a better mood today. She was in a snit on Thursday. She has days like that. I just have to let her be and play my game......and have another beer.

-----------

Jaz......So sorry that work is so terrible. Unbelievable how people are just quitting right and left! What on earth is the facility going to do? They can't operate with no staff. I'd hate to be in charge.

Nic.....Hope you're having fun in NYC and that your stomach issues have resolved.

Trig.....Did you get DD interested in taking care of some details on the college site? I think she's in for a shock when she gets out in the real world and has to take care of all the crap. I have a feeling that you'll be helping her put out a lot of "fires" until she gets going. Kids! I hope she knows how lucky she is to have you!

-----------

Over & out!
  #730   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-23, 06:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hey Nicco.....waiting on a new update or are ya on the road now traveling again? Girl I literally can't keep up with ya LOL

Lori, to golf or not? Hope you are out there and holding a good ol' golf beer in your hand

Jaz, yea I wonder like Lori, how in the hell is the place still running? ALL those people gone that fast? I mean.....wow....
Your time is coming very soon, new digs, new adventure, remote job, location ya want and more.....all will change real fast for ya!

'mom details to deal'....you had me laughing, so true.

-------------Kiddo thrilled to be 18 today. She has been using her bday for a few days now to get out of doing anything mostly HAHA 18 today and then done and forward we go.

House closing moving very fast. Cash sale. I love it....so far...so good fingers crossed and no jinx and all that.

Nothing much doing.....just this and that and more here and there.

be good all
  #731   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-23, 16:27

BF:

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!! NEED super dancing emoji in here!

So yet another person quit yesterday-..... ANOTHER...... MASS EXODUS.......
So, we got an email today that yet another person- 5 now out of 10 case managers. So the email stated that next week we 5 will be picking up an extra assignment= 40-50 patients EACH.

That is compromising my license and I won't do that, as it is unsafe. I don't want that responsibility because some facility is too dam cheap to hire people at a fair wage and management is lousy and every is a revolving door.
So $$ or not I am not taking that case load and unreal stress right before I start a new job- can't and won't.
I worked out my shift today and left on time, even though the SW wanted me to stay extra - SORRY NO. She can call her on call manager to help- I'm out.
I slipped my badge, and key under the boss's door with a note simply stating I will not be in next week- period and I completed what I needed to do and felt the case load was more than I was willing to do. Nothing personal. The phone was ringing as I walked out and turned off the lights.

The relief is HUGE- HUGE HUGE!!!!! It is going to take me a few days to decompress.

Note to you ladies and everyone reading this: NEVER ever leave a loved one unattended in a hospital anymore. The staffing is insane. I love to see family at bedside! = engaged!

Ok MOVING ON.........

Nic- you travel animal you. What is happening in NYC? Where are you staying/ doing? When is ATL? GEEZE!!!!

Trig- AWESOME on the house deal FINALLY going though. I sorta thought Spring was your time. Glad that is true with a cash buyer to boot!!! Who has 3/4 of a million laying around????????? I need to MEET THAT MAN!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Yah your kiddo will perk up here soon! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER! Tell her the ladies wish her well and an AWESOME DAY!!!!!
We met her in jr high!!!! One of ours. Watch her grow into amazing young lady!
Are you taking her out?

Beautiful day!

Lori- Golf, beer, golf, beer= amazing day! Enjoy!!!!!! I love how much walking you get in. Have you any idea how much walking it is?
Plans this week?
------------------------------------------------------

took pup out to "play ball" after work in the back. No gators out there today- Yeah that is real thing!
Anyway, wore him out. He is popped now. Plopping down everywhere- it's so funny.

Stopped at store and treated myself to celebratory high end Malbec and steak. Just finished- so good filet. I could eat that everyday.
Plan to prop up feet and watch something on TV. I rarely watch anything. So no up early tomorrow.

BEACH DAY tomorrow - FOR DAM SURE! Supposed to be amazing all week- pure heat and sun. So glad! Feel good!

HEY- LETS start a new thread?!?!?!?!?!? Or maybe it's the site?!?!?!?!? Long time in posting?!?!?!? (after ya'll read my post! LOLOLOL)
  #732   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 04:55

BF:

Please go to next thread- much faster-

Please close this one now- Moderator- Thanks!!!
  #733   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 05:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
Please go to next thread- much faster-

Please close this one now- Moderator- Thanks!!!

Thread closed as requested. New thread is here https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthr...stpost&t=485490
Closed Thread