Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/154.5/135 Female 5'9"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 57%
Default New To CAD...???

Good morning fellow LC'ers...

I have been on Atkins since end of January and have been successful in losing 20 lbs. I have come to the realization that I miss certain foods, and missing them will cause future problems. I have never been a junk food person, but I like an occasional roll with dinner, breading on chicken now and then, etc...

I have done my research and decided to give this a try as something I can stick with long term. I have no problems what so ever eating low carbs but the idea of a balanced dinner is appealing to me.

I plan to purchase and read the CAD book, but in the meantime, I would love a few questions answered?

1) My understanding is we have 1 or 2 lc meals, and one rm each day. Does it matter if they are the same time each day?

2) Do I need to go back on an Induction? Or can I just pick right up on this WOE and see continued results?

Here is what I had yesterday, is this appropriate for CAD dieting?

BF: One boiled egg
Lunch: Chef salad (romaine, ham/turk/roastbeef, chees, egg, tomato and cukes) ranch dressing
Dinner: (RM - at a buffet) - steamed cabbage, one fried chicken breast, broc w/cheez sauce, small helping of beef, second helping of cabbage, yeast roll and small dish of banana pudding (yes, this sounds like a lot but they weren't large portions).

Please let me know if this is a good example of a CAD dieters day... thank you! I am getting married in September and need to be able to get this last 25 lbs off by then. Thank you so very much for your responses!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 12:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/152/135 Female 64
BF:don't/wanna/know
Progress: 59%
Default Hi

Hi Kimberly

This will be my third day on CALP, but that sounds pretty good to me. Did you finish that RM in an hour?? If so, then you did very well. I just got the book over the past weekend and am still learning myself.

I'm sure someone with more experience will come along and help you. I also started with Atkins and lost almost 30 lbs. But, it was getting harder to stay on plan and so I decided to try this. I want it to be for life and this is more practical.

GOOD LUCK!!!

ohmom
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 12:38
Registered Member

Thank you for responding. Today I had a serving of peanuts for breakfast (5 net carbs) and the same thing for lunch since I couldn't leave my desk. Do we still subtract fiber on this diet? Is what I ate permitted on the CMs? Thanks all.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 13:56

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Kim,

Ok.. your questions,
1. That's right..one or two LC meals (from the CM list of foods only) and one balanced reward meal each day. It is better to stick to the same timing each day as much as you can but you can switch your RM for special occasions.
2. There is no induction on CAD, you just start right in to the program.

Your meals that first day looked ok. Make sure your salad dressing has less than 2g of carb per serving.

I answered about the peanuts in your other post...they aren't allowed on CAD except for reward meals. We have a very specific list of what we can eat for our CM's and have to stick to that or else the program doesn't work.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 19:29

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

checking in to see how you are doing? Hope it is going well. So nice to be able to have some easter candy! I have had one cadbury every day at my rm! Hope I still lose! Those things have 190 Cal!!!!! YIKES
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-10-05, 20:56
Registered Member

Plan: 20 carbs a day
Stats: 165/158/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default new to cad

ok, when should we have the rm, for lunch or dinner? and what is on the list of foods that you can have? like what is a cm list and can you have diet pop or just water or can you have crystal light. I have been on low carb like 20 and under since feb 9 and lost 13 pounds and 2 dress sizes and seem to come to a stop, just wondering if i need to try something like this diet.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 06:23

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi

Definitely check out the 'stickies' at the top of the CAD forum, there is a lot of information there. And consider getting the book, it is only about $10 and it explains the program so much better.

Good luck
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 08:32
Registered Member

Plan: 20 carbs a day
Stats: 165/158/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:

How much weight have you lost on this diet? This is my second day of it. I will give it a try and see how it works for me. If I start gaining then I will stop and go back to 20 - 30 carbs a day. So far I have lost 13 pounds and 2 dress sizes. I started this diet on Feb. 9, 05. I started out at 166 and now at 153. You guys keep up the good work.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-05, 13:04
Registered Member

Well, I am still hanging in there. I find that I don't necessarily need a Reward Meal everyday, but when I do, it is nice to have it as an option. mm mm

I am down to 156 now... only 21 more pounds to goal! woo hoo
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-05, 15:17

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Way to go, Kimberly. Find what works, hey? I also throw in many Atkins-style days, when my structure goes out the window. I've been able to maintain real close to my goal. Now I just need to be stricter to lose a few more lbs.