Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-19, 07:11
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/261.6/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default The big 20

So, here I am, 21 lbs down, and it took me 8 weeks and 2 days to get there. I started with Keto on April 8, 2019, and I've been lifting weights 3 times per week and doing some cardio 2-3 times per week (on alternate days) since April 1, 2019.

I had one week of no weight loss, and I believe it was due to the large amounts of peanuts that I'd consumed at that time. The other 7 weeks, I've been loosing 2-3 lbs per week on average. My jeans went down from size 40 (or 38, depending on the style) to size 36 and my T shirts went from XXL to XL. I've measured my chest, waist and biceps on April 15, and then on May 14, and I've lost 2 inches in chest (from 53.14 to 51.57), 2 inches in waist (from 48.42 to 46.45) and my left and right biceps stayed the same (18.11).

Once a week I would enjoy some vodka sodas (0 g of sugar/carbs, 98 kCal per drink), but I had no other cheat meals. No sugar, no starches, nothing like that. Sometimes I would have a can of diet pepsi or some crystal light in my water and every morning I have one or two pack of splenda in my coffee. That's all. Hopefully, one day I will reach my goal weight and then I will post my before and after photos. I can't wait.

So, the first 20 is gone, now let's go for another 20 before my wedding anniversary (August 26).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-19, 11:26

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Great results! There's something special about those first 20 lbs., isn't there? It really makes you feel like you're getting somewhere and are really doing this. You've been at it long enough to feel like you can commit to it for the long term and keep going.

Congratulations!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-19, 12:23
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you. It does feel good
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-19, 14:56

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Congrats! 20 is a significant amount!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-19, 16:59

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

36" pants at 270 wtg! That's the size I wear at ~215 ~6'

keep going
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 11:09
Registered Member

BF:

So, a quick update for all of my new friends here on LowCarber forum LOL On June 28th I went to the gym and did my chest/triceps workout. I went heavy, and I felt good at first. Then, after my workout, I started feeling some soreness in my abdomen area. So, naturally I thought I pulled something. My stomach was sore the next day (I only had one meal, after my workout the previous day), and no appetite, but I thought it was just a muscle injury. That night I developed a fever and I felt like absolute crap the next day, June 28. Went to the emergency room and they told me I was dehydrated, put me on an IV, my resting heart rate was 127 BPM (nuts, I know), and I had fever and very sore abdomen. After my CT scan, the doctor showed up and told me I had a perforated appendix. Happy bday to me LOL (my birthday was in 2 weeks). So, they put me in a hospital bed, hooked me up on some IV and antibiotics at the same time for the next 8 days. No surgery, they wanted to take care of that infection first. I was at the hospital on 2 different antibiotics (the first kind worked, but not enough, so they switched them after 3 days), then released on July 6. They gave me some oral antibiotics after that and I was on that until this Saturday, July 20. Finally, tonight I can have a drink, and it will be some nice, cold beer (not the low carb kind either lol) cause I deserve it, damn it! LOL I spent 8 days at the hospital on a clear fluid diet (jello, Juice and water and nothing else), then I had to be on a low residue diet for about 2 weeks (which is all the high carb bad stuff - white bread, mashed potatoes, pudding, ice cream etc). Finally I can go back and eat whatever I want, at least until I have my surgery I guess. So, after tonight's beer fest, I will go back to my low carb WOE. I had my first workout today, as well. Cardio only, but it went well. My weight stayed the same - I lost about 5 pounds while in the hospital and I did not gain anything back even on this bread and potato diet, so that's good. So, I am down 32 lbs since April 1 and can't wait to be done with this minor surgery soon and go back to my weight lifting and keto food. Funny, I felt like a million bucks that day when it happened. Oh, well... Life is like a box of chocolate :-D
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 12:31

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Glad to hear that you are still keeping on. That sound's pretty scary. Do they think your lifting caused the perforation, or do they have any theories?

The 5 lbs. loss is good, but not worth that price.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-19, 12:33
Registered Member

BF:

Nope, my doctor said it just happened. Nothing to do with lifting or exercising. Just a bad luck.