Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-20, 18:02

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
...But I'm not complaining, the house and cars are paid off, I have no debt, and I can wait this plague out. We're luckier than a lot of other people.

Bob

Good stuff there Bob, thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 01:14

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

At this time of year I am grateful to be in the UK, where we don't have an extended "holiday" season. The only traditional blow-out is Christmas dinner, an extended late luncheon Christmas day which leads to discomfort and torpor and the Queen's Speech. I never did like Christmas pudding, Christmas cake and mince pies so easy to give those a miss. This year there will not be the buzz of price parties, club dinners at either
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 04:25
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
...that this site slows way down (as far as posts go) about this time of year till about January 2nd? This year seems especially slow. I hope to continue to post once a day at least somewhere

Agreed, but to be fair, this is a busy time of year for a lot of people, even with the covid shut-downs. The 2 different jobs I've had going back to before I joined this forum in 2002 (!) have been very school-year-centric. I don't even have kids myself, but September - December was/is the busiest time of year. In January/February, people have time to settle down and refocus.

I know the point here was to encourage people not to go off plan, and I encourage that. We have a lot of lurkers, though. I'm not sure if they're visible to everyone or I'm seeing them online because I'm a mod... but that can be just as effective as posting if you're otherwise busy and/or risking burnout. (I get burned out talking about it sometimes.) My time is/was better spent in the kitchen than on my butt in front of the computer.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 06:00

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
My time is/was better spent in the kitchen than on my butt in front of the computer.

Wait a sec. You mean sitting on your butt in front of a computer READING about low-carb eating and getting healthy isn't the same as actually DOING it?!?!?!

#20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 19:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/305/210 Male 185cm
BF:
Progress: 5%

At the same time a lot of people who have been away come back to the forum and many new people find it. People start thinking about the year and their life and making plans for the coming year. I'm back reading here after a while looking for some inspiration. At the end of the year, it's time for reflection and when I actually look at my reflection in the mirror I say oops!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-20, 04:48

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
At the same time a lot of people who have been away come back to the forum and many new people find it. People start thinking about the year and their life and making plans for the coming year. I'm back reading here after a while looking for some inspiration. At the end of the year, it's time for reflection and when I actually look at my reflection in the mirror I say oops!

Welcome back to this forum Dignity. You wrote an interesting and introspective post here back in 2016 that is apropos I think: https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=456723

Wishing you the best in the new year, and today; the only day you can do anything about your future

Peace!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-20, 16:42

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I left for some time and came back.

I had never left the diet, but I missed the companionship.

Bob
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-20, 16:33

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

I am the opposite of most people. I tend to be more vigilant about staying keto during the holidays. Early every year, I lose weight over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I’m a odd duck.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-20, 19:25

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I too stay in keto during the holidays.

The only time I break diet is if I'm on an international vacation. Then I cheat a little. But no-thanks to COVID, I'm safer at home almost all the time. Fortunately I have a half acre of trees, native plants, and long established in Florida plants. They don't need much tending, but offer a lot of enjoyment.

Bob
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-20, 20:28

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

This is the one forum where I've consistently visited and posted since the first day I visited and quickly became a member with a login. As others have stated, the excellent group of members, the information exchange, and supportive climate make this a place to learn and to meet others. It's the best way to continue to grow and learn about making nutrition and eating a lifestyle that adapts over time with increased knowledge and experiences we actively share. Good stuff, good support and open comradery.