Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#361   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-23, 14:37

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho!

Went to the gym today. It has been so long since I have done that. It is sunny but cold and windy. I wanted to finish "Spare" (audiobook, Prince Harry) so the gym was a good day to do that. I did 15 minutes on the recumbent bike and 20 on the treadmill. Didn't work up a sweat or anything but I did move my body, so good enough!

Lori- sorry your joints have been "barky" lately. Enjoy your meals out, and I hope you can sleep okay with BIL in the house!

Jaz- Do you have to hire a moving company or are you just moving small things? I think the place you are currently in is furnished? I hope it goes smoothly.

Fancy you, driving an Audi although I know you would trade that in to have your Honda not be mushed!

I wouldn't hire a lawyer- that is big bucks.

Trig- up since 2:30 AM- that is crazy!! Hope your day goes well.

Things are fine here. I think I told you all that I decided to get the C booster- I had no issues with it whatsoever. My arm is sore when I sleep on it but no ill feelings at all. So that's good. I was surprised!

DH is in Dallas for work. House to myself!

I mixed up some crab cakes with a container of Phillips Jumbo Lump Crab- used pork rinds instead of a packet. Made two in the air fryer and OMG so good. I will make the others up tomorrow and then feast on them over the next couple of days. Tonight I am browning some ground beef for a taco salad.

That's about it from here!
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-23, 17:21

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey all TGIF!!!

So happy today is Friday and I have a total weekend to myself and no work!

I sent my landlord a 2-page email outlining WHY I am leaving including the 3 police reports #numbers. The multiple events from the neighbors including the drug thugs that show up. Dates and times from endless parties and 2 videos from the music at 2 am.
She seemed surprised I didn't want to try and stay. Nothing to talk about-

No I am not paying a dime and I requested my deposit back IN FULL. Not paying for those few days in Feb. either, this is a safety issue.
Ok done on that.

So the apt is cute. And def better than a hotel which is what my agency wants to put me in. I called them too to let them know what was going on. They stated that they put up the nurses in hotels. NO thanks.

I found this gal on the NEXT DOOR app. She is young and has a cute "she" girlie girl apt. fluffy pillows, a closet with chandelier for just shoes, and another for clothes. It has a million-dollar view of the river. No neighbors in back of me except the alligators. All new appliances including a washer and dryer. She lives there and has for the last 5 years and is moving in with her fiancι. It has a pretty nice kitchen, nice big dining area, smaller living room, new bathroom, and bedroom overlooks the river as well. Small unscreened deck.
It is on the second floor and I have to walk through a building to get there. I am not crazy about that. I am also on the second floor with someone below me- not crazy about that.

It is literally two blocks from this townhouse same neighborhood. So exactly where I want to be. Not as much green space as I wanted, but it is temp.
Fully furnished, with utilities included AND 500.00 a month cheaper.
So it works.

Lori-
enjoy your outing and meals- yum and yum! Urghhhhh on your late night roamer. I never sleep good with someone in my house.
Did Betty's caregiver come?

Trig- you hanging in there? I know you got up early!!

Nic- is this your 2 or 3 booster? Your crab cakes sound yummy. Did you use old bay seasoning?

Wow the gym????? What gym?
---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, ya'll are right, no need for a lawyer if they are still paying for everything. They are trying to get me taken care of. I could get used to an Audi!!!! I don't like the Assisted driving feature though. I also noticed it has a slow gitty up.

So there you have it.

2 smashed burgers for dinner. I like them when they get the crust on the outside and soft in the middle. Used a drop of mustard and that was that. Had left over salmon for a midday snack- used just salt and it was GOOD!

Off to watch some Netflix, or Disney while I still have cable. My next apt just has Rokuko.

THE WEEKEND IS MINE! I am taking one day as a jammie day!
  #363   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-23, 05:51

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Made it thru the night. BIL was up twice, but went right back to bed. I heard him talking and groaning in his sleep a couple times. He fell asleep on the sofa before he went up to bed and such moaning and groaning in his sleep....it was weird!

The get together with the golfing girls was fun. My lunch was crap...got my order screwed up and I said never mind...I'll eat it, but it was overcooked and dry...ate about half, if that. Oh well. I didn't end up going out for dinner with the guys. I didn't get home till 4 o'clock and they were eating at 5:30....I just stayed home.

-----------

Jaz......Have a good weekend. I hope your neighbor doesn't have any parties this weekend. Your new apt sounds nice.....are you just renting month to month? Watch out for the gators! Freaks me out!

Trig.....Hope you had a longer night's sleep last night. Any news on the French class?

Nic.....Crab cakes sound so good. Hope you enjoyed your alone time.

-------------

DH & BIL are heading out for breakfast now. More alone time for me. BIL will be leaving sometime this morning. I don't have any plans for myself other than doing a workout. I missed yesterday, so have to get moving today.

Have a good one!
  #364   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-23, 06:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, how was the gym? this going to become reoccuring for ya? Got a plan in mind or some fashion. Glad ya feel good!!!

Jaz, weekend off....Yippee. Glad that apt. place will work with ya. Your new digs sound great. If ya get a chance email us some info on it with pictures, you know we wanna see it and 500 cheaper. Wow that is fab. I would think ya only got some inside stuff to move, not much?

Lori, moaning and groaning. In an older home like yours, makes me think of the ghost shows I watch......shhhhh, I just heard a moan. Hey a moan is better than, shhh, omg that was a GROWL!

Nice when the guys go out to eat and leave ya alone! So get that one and no dishes LOL

---------------HIP HIP HOORAY. School treated kid good on French. They got her signed in now to online French. Teacher excused all work up to current and she just has to work it and pass. I am very happy on that one, and so is kiddo.

omg ---shoot me---feel asleep like 8:30 and woke up at 1:30am. Wide awake. Came out and did some computer games til I got sleepy again and then out comes hubby wild awake around 2:30 and says I WOKE him, well I did not and he starts chatting about the new computer system installed at his work and how it is driving everyone batty and I am like, damn, now I am really wide awake I did go back to bed around 4am when he hit the shower to start to get ready to head out to work. Slept til 7:30. I don't like this weirdo piece-meal sleep nights like this. I fall into sometimes, but I will get ti fixed and changed around again. Woke up very groggy and moving darn slow. Feel off ya know. oh well....whatever right

BBBrrrrr

nothing doing today that is demanding. some chores. takin' today easy.

food simple. got a 1 lb ribeye steak defrosting for first meal.
got 2 chicken thighs and 2 drums for second meal. done deal. Kiddo just hit me up for sausage and pancakes, made that....UGH....and got a nice Tbone steak for hubby tonight and will make big ol' baked sweet tater on the side. Kid for dinner tonight? no idea, we shall see LOL hey I fed her today, after this she is kinda on her own HAHA SO SICK OF COOKING for all ya know. SO OVER IT! bleck

be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Jan-28-23 at 07:51.
  #365   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-23, 08:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all! Happy Saturday!

Jaz sounds like the apt you found will work well for you, and a river view too which is nice! I feel creeped out at the idea of gators- never lived in an area where that is a thought.

You can log in to whatever services you already have via Roku. It just houses them all for you. Or maybe you don't have them and your current place was supplying them?

Lori those sounds would be very strange to hear during the night! Do you all sleep with your door open or is he that loud? We have our door shut AND brown noise going so we don't hear squat!

Trig SUCH good news about your DD and French!! So glad it worked out so well. And like I said, a great lesson for her in follow through and self advocacy that she can take to college with her!

••••••••••

All is well here. I am having lunch with some long time, dear friends at noon. That will be fun. The one hosting requested the others of us bring 'something sweet' but I'm bringing grape tomatoes, little mozzarella balls and some balsamic. That will work for me!

DS24 got another acceptance yesterday to USC (Cali) yesterday. He isn't considering it that I can tell, but it was still nice to get, I'm sure!

DS21 starts classes on Monday- I don't even know what he is taking or when! I should ask. His band is dropping an album in Feb but I don't know when on that either.

I have just discovered air fryer bacon. OMG REVOLUTIONARY I got a Ninja air fryer and it is the BOMB. I am obsessed with it for a lot of tasty things including the most delicious green beans. I just toss them in a bit of bacon fat and Redmonds seasoned salt and let them blacken some. Seriously crazy good. Works well for steaks and wings and all manner of things!

Make it a great day!
  #366   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-23, 09:08

BF:

Good Saturday Morning!

I am up, showered, dressed and coffee almost gone. Load of laundry about to hit dryer and a BEAUTIFUL pot roast in the oven low and slow. It comes out at noon.

I fell asleep on the couch about 830 last night. My head kept bobbing and I said screw it I am going to bed. Me and dogger piled up under covers and boom I was out. My pup is such a good boy- and great cuddle bug.

Trig- I am SO THRILLED the school did right by your kiddo! What pressure that would have been to play behind an 8 ball! Now she is just even and go right on. Tell her that her "aunties" want her to put her nose to the stone and GIT IT DONE! HAHAHAHHAH

Urghhhhh on piece meal sleep! That is rough. Hopefully you can get back on track here in the next day or so!

Ribeye- oh yeah........ question......You are SO tight with Carnivore, are you at goal? I just don't see where you can add or subtract from what you are doing. It is almost like your body is at set point. You cool with that? Just a question as I am struggling with a stall myself. You and I are about the same in eating. This is NOT where I want to stay. I have 30 to go. Sure beats 80- but I am not done! Not sure what else needs to happen.

I am watching the inflammatory spices, condiments, going basic, and 1 small meat/ shrimp snack and beef or chicken for dinner. I drink lemon water during the day and do have a lite wine 3.5 carbs) at nite. I look forward to it and do not think that is a stall as I stop at one. I have really cut the booze out.
I think my total carb intake is 5-7 total carbs day. I add splash of coconut no sweet milk to coffee 2 carbs. so yea..... I am pretty tight too! And here I sit in stall. Granted I am at a low and feel AMAZING and feel like I look better than I have in years with 55 pounds off since this time last year. I just wanted your take on it.

Going to get some sun today- get some!!!!!!!

Lori-
Yeah on you to take some time out while the guys go to breakfast. I would too! OMG the moaning would not be ok............ poor guy!

Betty's care giver back?

NIC- Updates GF!
------------------------------------------------------------

So, my MIL from my 30-year marriage passed away this last week and her funeral is tomorrow. I spoke to my EX to give condolences as she was family for over 30 years and did help me quite a bit when I was in school for nursing. I am not going, but thought it was the right thing to do to outreach to ex and express some positive vibes about his mom.

My DD was going to go to the funeral tomorrow but came down with Covid AGAIN and can't. She has a mild case. She feels like she has a cold with a cough. URGHHHH- She thinks she was exposed when she went to see her grandma in the ICU prior to her passing. This too shall pass. We are living with Covid now going forward- it is not going anywhere. Out new normal!

Me-
Pot roast is starting to smell AMAZING. I am slowing feeling better about my situation and proud of myself, for finding solutions to big time issues, at the same time working full time though it all!

Car is being worked on
Apt- move next weekend
Job- employed and saving money

Healthy and feeling good beside a bit of stress from the situation that affects my gut. Hense, I think it could be Cortisol keeping me in a weight loss stall. I will see what happens when I get moved.

Sunny and mild today and when the pot roast comes out of the oven me and dogger going to get outside and explore a bit. I would love to check out Edisto beach south of Johns island! I heard it was rural, and lovely! DAY trip! Full sun today and cloudy tomorrow.
Dinner ready when I get home!

I have Wed. off this week as I will be working Sat. So I will take that day to pack up some stuff, leaving out only what using. I travel so light when on assignment. I have about a carload. I bring my own pillows, and blankets, clothes, electronics, and a small kitchen basket and dog supplies. That is about it. Nothing that can't fit in a backseat, or trunk. With a SUV now, I think one carload will do it.

My landlord is not happy I am bailing. But I told her you have done NOTHING to help- you are not getting another dime and I want my deposit back. She thinks her "little chat" with the neighbors will change the situation. NOT - if the police couldn't do it, she certainly can't.

Time to toss laundry in dryer and figure out a map for my day trip! Hurry up meat!

Maybe one cup of coffee too left in pot!

Have a good one.
  #367   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-23, 09:13

BF:

NIC- we were cross posting! OMG I LOVE are Fryer Bacon, steak, shrimp, you name it. Plus of course wings- I tell you Air fryers are AMAZING! You got a great one too!

I was thinking about getting some of that Redmonds salt. Is it really THAT GOOD?

Your kids sound like they are in such a GREAT PLACE!!!!!!!! - keep us posted!

You are such a social butterfly! I was thinking about a Meetup of some sorts myself. Would love to find a card playing group!
  #368   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-23, 10:35

BF:

I like my air fryer too, but I just have a cheap one. The Ninja looks awesome! I use Redmond's salt and am dying to try their smoked salt....how good does that sound on meat? Yum! I may order some today. I thought I had gotten some, but can't find it in my cabinet, so I probably thought about it and didn't go ahead and order.

BIL has gone and DH is at the local university at a wrestling match. I got my workout and shower done and am now back under my blanket. Our little stove/space heater has stopped throwing heat, so have to raise the thermostat on the furnace. We're shopping for another Duraflame heater. We love the ones that look like a little stove with fake flames and all. They typically only last a few years, but we use it hard. There goes another couple hundred bucks! Oh well!

Jaz.....you asked about Betty's caregiver...I'm hoping she comes back next week. I'm waiting to hear from her. On Thursday she told me that she was much better and her daughter was at the tail end of the illness. Thank goodness the visiting nurse helped me change the bed etc on Wednesday when she was there.

Off to shop for smoked salt!
  #369   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-23, 06:12

BF:

Good Morning!

Nothing much going on today. I think I'll go to Aldi and browse around. Just need a few things, but always end up with a cart full! I need to figure out our eating for this week and get myself organized. We'll watch the football games later and just chill out.

Heard from "M" and she's recovered and will resume her duties at Betty's tomorrow morning. Happy for that.

Another dreary week on tap as far as the weather goes. Cloudy and cold.....just blah. It got quite warm yesterday and the sun was nice. Just a little teaser of Spring.

Happy Sunday!
  #370   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-23, 07:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Goodness the weekends FLY! Only today left. I work next Sat, then move Sun. Luckily it will just be a carload full- not a "real" move. Fully furnished, with a million-dollar view of the river and two oak trees dripping with moss. There are also canoes, for anybody brave enough to get in one and see the gators and snakes. No thank you. I will tell you I will not be walking Rugar after sunset in the back- only out front across the driveway on real grass. Yeah, it is a track to just pee him- but it's better than a hotel.

Lori- I find that making a list for the week, and doing some cooking on Sunday is so helpful. I find that when I get "home" after working I am tired. Tired is a temptation into eating garbage foods, so having something ON hand is awesome.

I am glad to hear that Betty's caregiver is coming back to work! I know she has been an amazing help for you. She is a family friend, right? Worth her weight in gold! You are blessed to have help. Caregiving is such a hard job!

Tell us what you find at Aldie's!

Trig/Nic- hiya!
-----------------------------------------------------------

It's only 8 am- and I have finished my coffee and up for the day.

So today I am going to Seabrook Island and beach and explore, or Edisto Island. SB is 30 min away and EI is 1 hour away. So I am going to google which one I want to explore and pack up and head out! I need a break- going to be a tourist today!
LOVE IT!

Okay ladies back later to give report of my journeys.
  #371   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-23, 07:53

BF:

Jaz.....No.....the caregiver "M" is a lady I found on Care.com We had a friend helping us out before I found "M".

Enjoy the beach!
  #372   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-23, 13:38

BF:

I just got back from Kaiwah Island state park beach. Holy moly is it is stunning! I love it so much more than Folley- less developed, just pretty untouched as the way it should be.

Boiling eggs for hard boiled! Also making bacon for topping and candy- lololol love just munching on a slice of bacon. In now and settled. Did almost 3 miles on the beach and now going to have left over roast. Back home and in jammies. The clouds are starting to roll in and now the rain will roll in later this evening.

I am going to look for any remote perm jobs this afternoon, then I have to register the accident online with the SC motor vehicles. BS to me.................

I am in the mood for salmon today- but only have beef made. I am not in the mood for heavy food today. I might just do a ham and egg thing- too much thinking about food. Dang it is just a hole to be filled.

Today has been nice!
I live for days like today! I made a video but for some reason it didn't "stick- I was going to send to you all! Maybe next time!

Have a good one-

Popping on football and perusing the internet! Perfect afternoon after beach time!

Later Gators
  #373   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-23, 04:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Shooting for a low cal day today as I overdid it a bit yesterday. I have my day planned and will do my best to stick to it. Scale is hovering around the same number for a week now, but that number is a few higher than I like it to be. So it goes.

Meeting "M" at Betty's at 10, run a couple errands and that's my day. I need to do a workout as I was a lazy slug yesterday. I wish I could get myself to bundle up and go for a walk each day, but I hate the cold so, so much.

Jaz.....Your day at the beach sounds awesome. I hope your week goes well and that you can get moved into your new place without problems.

Trig & Nic......

Monday......here we go.
  #374   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-23, 05:09

BF:

Monday-
Back to serve the "man". Urghhhhhhh
Remember what it was like bake in school? I also hated "getting up and going", but once I was there I was okay. It feels like the same sorta of thing.

Nothing to add from yesterday, except I have things to do now on Wed. my day off.
I figured out that I need to go to DMV here in Charleton to drop off a copy of the accident. Even though it is not my fault. Both parties in an accident in the state of SC are required to show proof of insur.

-------------------------------------------------

Well darn, I am out of time. I got interrupted and now out of time. Gotta run- I hit the road by 630 am. Just not enough time!

Later ladies back after work-
  #375   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-23, 08:28

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast post. omg I went down on chicken and its skin and fat. I inhaled all that yummy fat from the thighs and my guts went wild. Yes, I paid dearly on that. So keeping life super simple on burger, steak and pork. I usually only eat skinless boneless chicken breast cause I am kinda over the other ya know, but when I got those thighs cooked all that skin and fatty grease I sopped my meat in, it took me down like no tomorrow. LOL
ugh

ok. beef, pork, usual foods. must must keep simple.

will chat up later. feel alot better today but got to handle some chores I missed and other crap me and hubby are doing around house. hubby home today and has to pony up some work time on this place that is falling apart LOL

be good
Closed Thread