Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#316   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-23, 04:28

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Morning now!
Last and first to post. LOLOLOL

In a funky mood, and I need to get out of it. I think all the people dying at work is getting to me. My one lady, the runner and author is now considering Hospice. Her CA has spread to her pancreas, liver, colon and spine. Nothing to do for her except control her pain.

My ex-mother-in-law is in the ICU from Covid and not expected to come out.
I think I need a change. It is a rough thing to deal with day in and out.
Thing is we are all going to be somewhere on that spectrum sooner than later, I just don't want to feel like I am AT WORK WHILE DYING! OMG I just wrote that out loud!

Maybe I should be a wedding planner or something HAPPY! Join the circus. Ok I will just stop and go find and choose some HAPPY and joyful thoughts!

I guess I will use the word Trig uses "In a mood".

Hummmmmmm nothing now to say.......... HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I think I will go hit up the job board and come back after ya'll give me something to reply to. Maybe I will have found a better "TUDE".

Food on point today- nothing crazy. Made up some taco meat and still eating boiled eggs and leftover chicken. Not going out- it a WOE wrecker. Content to just eat simple and from my kitchen.

Have a good one.
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-23, 06:38

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori keep chanting early early spring and that little white ball might be struck sooner maybe be nice huh. winter is still on us yet but seems your snow action isn't too bad just yet so....take those wins still

Nicco, sounds like your buy nothing grp is sure expanding and requiring more people to manage it. hope your training went well on that.

just skipping along....that is a good thing

Jaz, yea if 'real person work in hospital' is getting ya tough it might be worth def. getting a remote job or just out of that area. I feel ya. Burnout is a real deal on that life's work!

I know you love your bday, so next yr you celebrate more as ya want. to me that day holds no focus for me. But that is my personality, I know you are way more into social and celebration than I am

I feel 'your in a mood' but one thing I do know, we all DO come of them thank goodness!!

-------------------off to little smokehouse general store in a bit when they open at 8. Need few small things. then home to throw in a load, vacuum. Kiddo gave dog a bath and seems like darn dog hair is everywhere, she clipped and groomed him a bit too, but I swear that dog hair migrates on its own, it has feet for sure

I think monday I will call 'the vet that said he was dying' but just to get his toenails trimmed. They will 'see he is alive and kicking'. Key being I need some bloodwork on him, kinda?, ya know and not sure if I wanna stay with this vet or not now. but one thing, no matter what any vet does say, like I recommend ya put him down on this monday or not, WE DO what we feel best so.....I don't know. ugh. All other vets are such a longer drive LOL eh will think on it

anyone need dental coverage. not provided thru work? of course hubby gets 0 benefits offered but my dentist receptionist lady told me about AVS Dental Plan. It is not insurance. It is participating dentists nationwide and if you buy into the plan your bills are lowered thru discounting. Like kiddos 2 fillings, be 2 posterior ?? issues, were to be $261 per tooth. I paid $151 per tooth. Dental cleanings are like cut in half on price. I paid $649.00 for the 5 yr plan of discounts. It comes to only $130 per year. for 3 pepole! which is like near $50 a yr for each of us only. And I saved just on 2 fillings, $220. So right there I covered that on my 649. cost on the 5 yrs of savings. The lady I chatted said she was in FL and easily found a dentist who took the discount coverage plan and she said many do. Well I know my local dentist does that we go to now. OK, key being I got 'some dental' coverage and with no limits and other crap, just discounted costs on whatever work needs done, hell it is a bargain if ya ask me. Plus kiddo can be dental covered all thru college now and of course hubby knows he needs a cleaning soon etc. so hey, what the hell. OK JUST INFO I found for some dental coverage that makes sense and is friggin cheap for what ya get from this plan. DISCLAIMER.....make sure it would suit anyone who reads this and get true research and knowledge on it who knows who reads our posts but I say get your own info on this stuff before ever just reading another's post. OK just passing it along for anyone who might need some coverage and discounts on dental. I know I got 5 yrs of discounts happening so yea with the 220 I saved now from her 2 small cavities handled, yea I feel like I can easily recoup and save over the yrs coming. enough of that

just cruising along too like Nicco right now.

OMG the fog out there. thick as pea soup. ugh.

damp, gray dreary misty icky chilly bleck.

I am now chanting my mantra, come on early early spring, come on early early spring LOL
  #318   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-23, 07:11

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up stupid early with the cat(who then went and hid). I went back to bed and miracle of miracles, she didn't come back to pester us until nearly 6. DH got up with her(bless him) and I cuddled down in the blankets until he came upstairs to say he was leaving for work at 7:15. Heaven.

Cloudy, rainy and dreary here. I'm not planning on leaving the house today. I have some laundry to do and I'll be content to just putter around here and drink hot coffee all day.

-----------

Jaz......I can only imagine the emotional "stuff" you go through in your line of work. I'm quite sure that I couldn't handle it. I know you're good at your job, and Lord knows we need people to do what you do, but it has to take a toll.

Trig.....Sounds like you found a good deal on the dental plan. Sweet! So happy that doggo is doing well. Wonder what that Vet would say now? In the end, they're only human and make mistakes, I suppose. Still....

Nic......Safe travels to DE today. Fun weekend at the "Love Shack" coming up!

------------

Feels funny to have such a late start to my day. Love it! I have to muster up some motivation to get my workout done later. I usually wait until DH comes home at lunch time and when he takes over the TV and puts the stupid sports talk shows on, I head upstairs for an hour or so.

Time for more coffee. Have good days!
  #319   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-23, 08:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, Kidlets!

DE bound today. I'm subbing in for Bunco tonight for the first time there. I have no idea who is in the group or anything but I expect it to be a fun time. Good way to meet a few folks and of course see those I already know! There is something every night for the next four nights so LOTS of social stuff coming up. I will be ready to tap out again into quiet after that!

Dh will be coming to DE today too but leaving from DC in the afternoon. We had a wonderful night last night. I needed to stock up on some heavy cream and found some at a neighboring Costco (our local one has been out for a while.) Asked if he wanted to come with and he did. We then went out to dinner and it was DELISH. I ordered a grilled salmon that was prepared beautifully and it was so yummy, along with a glass of Pino Grigio. Good conversation, jazz band playing in the background.. just really good. We needed this connection time the past couple of days after being apart.

I asked DS24 what he and DIL's thoughts are currently about law school (given the unknowns still, of course) and this is what he said:
"I would take UVA over all at equal price. Michigan is my number two, Georgetown and Vandy could complicate things depending on how much final scholarship they offer. (DIL) and I have roughly narrowed down to those four (and Duke if I get in). Barring a crazy offer from northwestern that’s what I think."
So that was really good info and I am so curious to see how it all goes. I think there are still five schools he hasn't heard from yet?

DD got a diagnosis, officially, of PCOS yesterday. Not surprised at all as I expected this for quite some time. There are plans in the work for helping them to move toward conception and they have being young on their side as well. Hoping for good news for them in 2023!

Jaz- I can totally see how the line of work you are in would be wearing emotionally. I am happy that your DD and your son are both planning visits! You will still be at this current job through both of those visits, right? Or maybe somewhere else by then?

Lori- Staying in bed in the winter is THE BEST. Glad you got to luxuriate a little bit!

Trig- That dental plan sounds like a good one- how does it handle bigger work needing to be done? We have dental insurance that we pay for via DH's job. I don't think it is very expensive but surely not as cheap as that. We still have two of our kids under our medical/dental/vision as well.

Hugs all! I was planning to leave around noon but I may just leave earlier. Why not?
  #320   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-23, 14:35

BF:

Oh what a fun day I've had! About 10 o'clock this morning, I was feeling colder than usual. I went to the thermostat and it appeared that the furnace should have been running. I turned it up and nothing. Called DH and told him that I was going to call the repairman. Just a bit over an hour after I called, he came and diagnosed the problem. A new motor, fan, and ignition transformer(?) later, we're in business.....oh, and a mere $700. Sigh......my Social Security payment just got deposited this morning....easy come, easy go!

After all that, I did my workout and got a shower. No sooner finished that when DH called and said Betty had called him and wanted me to come and look at her leg. Off I went. Her leg is "weeping" again and now there is blood mixed in with the fluid. We called her home health team and they are sending a nurse tomorrow and the Dr. wants blood work. I put pads underneath her legs and made sure she was comfortable. It's all we can do. I'll be meeting the nurse there tomorrow.

Anyway.......I may have a glass of wine tonight!

Hope your days were better than mine!
  #321   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-23, 18:54

BF:

Good Evening!

Trig- I just wait till the dog hair becomes tumbleweeds and them scoop them into the dust pan. But ya have to wait until they are really big enough to grab!

I am so happy your Lil Guy is still with us!

Yum on the meat house! What do you get there?

Nic- I think it is so very sweet you and the hubby! Still romantic after all this time! It is amazing what the years together do for a couple! You have some amazing history there, and more chapters to go!

Love you are cruising back to DE! That was a quick trip to MD.

Lori- Hope all goes well with the nurse visit and Betty.

Goodness on that furnace! Always something with a house for sure. Glad those it was fixable and not having to replace it.
---------------------------------------------------------------

So I got news that the new contract coming my way is going to be a pay increase, and a stipend increase. IT was more than I ask for actually. They ask how much it would take for me to stay-
1.) no more every other weekend
2.) 1500.00 bonus on top of my salary. Yup and then some!

Yes I am tired. But budget is so happy. I am then going to take a few weeks off end of June and go back to work after July 4th.
I will be ready to call it a day with this assignment.

My lady is dying. I have never seen someone more alert and talking and "with it" when they have less than a week left. She is getting daily transfusions and then they plan to stop those after she says her goodbyes to family. Then she was told it will be a matter of just a few days!
I came into her room as they were telling her that. Her husband, brother, sister, and the doctor team were all in there when I slipped in.
She saw me and put out her hand to come hold it while she got the news. Her husband was on one side I was on the other.
I told here after everyone left the room but me and her hubby that she was an AMAZING LADY with poise and such grace, and I am honored to be a part of this chapter in her life.

I am tired.......... till tomorrow
  #322   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-23, 04:46

BF:

Good Morning!
Last and first!

You know sleep makes all the difference in the world! I feel so much better today. Clean eating, good sleep, hydration, gratitude.

Trig- Thanks for putting that dental info. out there. I am going to look into it. Dental is so frekin $$ even with insurance so any help is a help! Not only that I tend to give my patients info like that too!!! It all helps!

Hey, I am right there with ya on needing some Spring. I am getting antsy as I went a weekend without a beach walk!!!!

Nic- Wow you sure made it back to DE in record time this go around! I think it's cool you found a "meet up you like. Is that where you found this group? Through a meet up?

Lori- I be you are up already and sipping your coffee. It is 5:22 am. I am halfway done with my first cup. It is warm enough to walk in parks and trails where you are yet? Spring gets here next month, but I know you are a month behind.

I will be interested to see what goes down with Betty. Speaking of- did you and the hubby give a date to the doctor to piss or get off the pot? That would irk me to no end!
It's the little stuff ............
-------------------------------------------------------------

I actually feel a bit less angst now that I know I don't have to scramble in 8 weeks for another location and a new position. I am sorta really digging Charleston. It is growing on me. I do not like though the cost to live here. It is insanely $$.
I like the location I am in here on James Island. I truly am 7 minutes to down town and 10 minutes to the beach. I can get anywhere from where I am in under 30 minutes including Mt. Pleasent and isles of palm.

My next beach to explore is going to be Edisto and Kaiwa. Being where I am it truly is ideal if you look at the maps. It will be so interesting to see how this sleepy little designation town perks up come Spring and Summer. Right now it is winter, people are not thinking beach. St. Patty's Day marks the "official" start of "tourist" season here. Will be fun to watch.

I was also thinking that now I am "here" to see what is here on a social level. I know there are a million meet ups here for different activities. I too would love to find a Euchre game meet up! There are tons of Ohio people here, it almost feels "homey."

You know working where I work makes me just appreciate good health. It is priceless. Eating clean is part of it.

I have a more positive spirit today. I feel it. I don't like "the mood", but Trig your right- it does pass thankfully.

I can relax a few months and look at this time as a time to build and pay off. Then get in a real good solid place before moving on. IF I had the $$$ I might like to stay here. Charleston is not as big as I thought. It is not as small town as I like though either. But it does have it's perks, beaches, shopping, music, night life, with a small town feel and medical. So MAYBE, too soon to know.

I also like the option to travel, but I get what Nic says about a home base. I like the options and freedom to choose.

Baked up some salmon last night but thinking about a really good steak. I wish I had my air fryer here, and my Ipot! I might have to hit up my storage unit when I go back for a few days in March and return with them. They are just big items to cart around, and stink up the car.

Gotta hit the shower and MOVE!!!!!
  #323   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-23, 06:06

BF:

Nicco hope it is good news for your DD! remember, get off sugar items and it helps that issue alot from what I read on the boards lc all the way baby can help of course

Not sure on your comparison against your hubby's dental.
I know it was cheapy and I saved. Like listed on the brochure I got a root canal is estimated around 1200k I think it said nationally and my cost would be like $890. I have not tho hit their website yet to 'check out' all the discounts on all services so I kinda gotta leave that ball in your court to compare and read up on them. hope some of that helps ya LOL

glad you and DH connected! need days like that or we can even forget why we married them HAHA

Lori, hope your nurse team can handle Betty. Wishing good luck on all that

ow out of the wallet, a mere 700, ick. SS gives it, someone then takes it away very fast from ya I feel it too and feel the wallet scream alot lately too!

Jazz, oh man on reading on your patient. I could not even.....

Are you taking the perm job they offered?

I got confused. It sounded more like you were not taking the perm offer? Or is that not a perm job, just an extension for more short term? Girl how do you keep up with your own job options HAHA

Yea on AVS Dental. Just hit website and read. I think a single person was $139 per year. So a cleaning would be 1/2 price about and any xrays are discounted and if ya needed a filling done it would be reduced in cost. AND of course the biggie, the damn toothache that hits without warning, your procedure would be discounted so for only 140, I would think you would more than easily pay that back in discount and if more dental required you would win in the money discount range so. But research it. I figured it was well worth the cost to 'save anything I could' and when I put the full cost against discounted costs as the receptionist told me it was a no brainer to put some money on us for this dental. But again, read up well on it One key is the dentist has to be participating but they have tons nationwide.....but call YOUR dentist and ask if they take it that would be my first start but on the wedsite you can 'plug in your zone area' and it lists dentists that participate so.

I can't even imagine the higher costs in a very high cost area to live now. I am dying here in my friggin' small rural area with costs out of control. Can't imagine rent costs and more and costs of grocery and more in bigger high cost locations. yikes.

-----------------simple day. store has Tbones for 7.99 sale. off to get a crap ton of them freezer looking more bare than stocked. home to do?

milder temps but cloudy to maybe rain later so just chillin' thru the day.

nothing happen' mostly around here winter blahs I guess....that stretch after xmas waiting for early spring LOL
  #324   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-23, 08:19

BF:

Good Morning!

Running slow this morning. I woke up early and said oh crap.....I might as well get up. Gabby knew I was awake so she got up. It was 3:45. Just shoot me. Now I'm sitting here waiting to hear from the nurse about when they'll show up at Betty's. I'll go meet them there. It is just so sad. I don't know how her heart keeps beating.

I feel like my nerves are "frayed" today. Just waiting.....waiting for?? We are going to call the lawyer that we used for Betty's stuff and have a meeting so we know what to do when.....it just makes me feel sick. Sorry to always be harping about this stuff on here. You all are my sounding board.

-----------

Jaz.....Glad the facility is treating you right with the $$$ Also nice for you to have some roots for a bit and time to plan your next.

Nic....What's up in DE today? It is rainy and ugly here.

Trig......I'm right there in the winter blahs with you. Our weather has not been bad, so far, but we may have some snow etc coming Sunday into Monday. I don't want it!

----------

This may be the first day this month when I skip my workout. Just not feeling it, and don't know when I'll have to fly out the door.
  #325   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-23, 20:39

BF:

Quickie cause I'm tired and need sleep. What a CRUSH at work we have a 12-24 hour wait time for a bed. I had 35 patients today who ALL wanted to talk to me about their discharge. OMG and some of them will not even make it that far. But ya know I still got to schlep to their room and listen respectfully and nod. Example I had to stand there last night at 4 pm (25 minutes until I clocked out) and listen to some family rant about wanting a hospital bed for "dad"........ I listened, and listened and listen and said- hey I will look into it and be back in the morning.
He died in the night shift.

On the other hand, I was able to under stress. I wanted to get my dying lady a room to watch the sun rise and sunset one more or two times before she passes........

You gotta hear this story: She "my gal who is dying (fully alert), has until Sunday before they cut off her blood infusions and then she will pass in hours as she is bleeding out. As long as she has it coming in, she is ok- but it is not a cure, it buys her a few lucid days.
We were full to capacity with 20 people in the hallways in the emergency room waiting for beds and a full waiting room. Horrible.
She had to move from the ICU to a closet room. I was like OH no she is not dying here.

I went straight to bed control and very long story short (long story), but I begged and found a room that had just been vacated by someone that had not yet even been cleaned and listed with a full window view of Charleston, the Bridge, and river. She will be able to see a full view of the skyline of the city, and see sun rise and set over the river.

It is a penthouse suite to fit 20 people and one the corner. I begged and prayed and it happened. She will see a sun rise, set and the blue sky. I am so happy.
They cried and said it was the best last GIFT anyone could give. It makes my heart full. I thank divine intervention- I tell you it was magical. It will make her passing so peaceful, special and private. It didn't happen just on me, I pushed many stones to make it happen, and spoke to a village as well to make it happen with a full hospital and a waiting list.
I wrote letters to those bosses of the people who assisted in making it happen to give credit where credit is due.
But the end game is a sweet sweet angel is going to gain her wings and transcend this body to her NEXT. I just happened to be one of those that helped make this journey for her special. Like dying could be special. But in her case- maybe. She would suffer otherwise.

I will carry her story with me forever. As I do those others before her who have also carried me on MY journey as a nurse. There are those special ones that cross your path, that you remember and take their story with you. As a nurse it is a privilege to be there in THAT moment whatever that looks like, birth and death. My first 12 years were working in labor and delivery. So, I still have those stories too! These moments are what keep me from hanging up my hat.

But on the other hand I am ready to do something diffent after June.

So to clarify I signed a contract to EXTEND my time to June 11th in the same place I am for MORE money to stay as a traveler. I am making twice as much as all the perm people there. Their pay there is only ...... half .......... most don't know that. I have only shared that with those who point blank ask as it is public knowledge online. But only two people ask. The rest I guess they don't care or feel the need to ask. Not something you really just say- OH hi- and how much more do YOU MAKE?!?!!? YEAH NO ....... anyone can check online it is right there.

Anyway- tired. I am drained.

Nite.

SOEMONE beat me to the punch tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Jan-19-23 at 20:47.
  #326   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-23, 05:34

BF:

GOOD MORNING

Just Me again and TGIF!!!!!!!!
SERIOSULY! TGIF!
Although I have to work Sunday, it's cool. I get Tue. off and Sun. it's supposed to rain anyway. Tue will be a beach day for sure, as will tomorrow.
DAY TRIPS!

I sure could use a DO nothing day. I am beat. I did sign up as explained in above post that they offered more $$ and an extension. I said yes. Last contract day is June 11th.
IF and I do mean IF they want a 3nd go- I am taking off two weeks regardless at that point, and I might want to try another place.

Alot can happen between now and June actually. I have breathing space, good $$ and a place to temp place to call "home". All good things.

Nothing really to share- except all my running yesterday, and I do mean running resulted in a 3 pound drop. Yesterday I literally ran from one side of the campus to the other to beat bed control to get that room secured. I was like OUTTA MY WAY..... People do get nervous when they see people running in a hospital. I had to snicker at that.

I didn't sit much yesterday. All this to say I also didn't sit around and eat (not like I would anyway). So, I have been wondering on this though if I don't need to pick up the pace of some sorta of movement. I don't want to say "work out", maybe intentional walking, steps, ect. and muscle strengthening.

I know the last time I lost 100lbs. I had to start working out at about the 60 pound drop point to get it going. I am thinking I am stuck close to 55 and maybe need to pick up the pace a bit to push me over to goal. I was also 43 years old at the time....hummmmmmmm. I am not 43 anymore! LOLOLOLOL I kept that weight off almost 7 years!

This is going to be my very last go around losing this much weight for sure.

Well coffee gone and my time has run out for this post!

GOTTA RUN!

Have a great day!
  #327   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-23, 06:43

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz.....your story touched my heart. You are an angel to that lady and her family for sure. I know it took other people to make it happen, but none of it would have happened without you. As we're entering that phase with Betty, it was especially moving to me. Of course, it's much sadder in your situation with a young person who is going too soon.

I'm doing the best I can for Betty just to keep her comfortable. "M" is sick and can't come today as planned, so I'm going to just do my best. I have a retired nurse friend coming tomorrow to help me change the bed and do personal care. DH & I are both feeling the stress & responsibility. We'll get thru it, but sometimes it doesn't feel like we'll make it.

Going to do some cooking today so we have something for B. Making a couple filets for us tonight, and some shrimp for shrimp cocktails. We just got subs last night as I was just over trying to plan something else.

Well, I have to get moving. A trip to the grocery store and meat market, a stop at Betty's and then home to start cooking. I skipped my workout yesterday, but have to get one done today.

That's it from here.
  #328   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-23, 07:00

BF:

Lori. Yes it is an overall sad issue for everyone, Betty the most of course but caregiving is not easy as WE ALL know from the stuff we all have experienced. Tough event in our lives and it isn't just 1 and done, it is alot of family sometimes we have to cover.

take your down and out snuggle day. not a darn thing wrong with just that Just let the ol' brain relax. I also got tons of my mind right now as you with Betty and the home and more....and sometimes we gotta decompress. I think golf helps you so much. that swing and release and out in the air. winter, your golf goes away and you flounder like me kinda. winter stuff is just not as fun as spring/summer/fall stuff LOL Hold strong.

Jaz, wow on the patient you ran rings around that facility to get her the best you could more power to you. Work well worth it. Sad reading your experiences but thank the heavens every day for people like you that can do it!!!

Thanks for clarifying. OK this is not perm. You got weekends off, more money, til June 11th. heck yea take it gives you alot more insight on how ya wanna roll while the piggy bank grows. You Need Time also to figure out some moves. this gives you just that too. Yea ya make more but you don't get any benefits at all right? that is probably the money diff. Health care and IRA options one can have and more benefits like paid vacay and all adds up for employees, an independent contractor doesn't get any of it, heck yea you should make more!!

On your ZC.....don't panic. Don't DO anything. You are in stress and cortisol and brain flex of wonky here a bit. Just EAT clean ZC. Simple as that. You are not in some plateau. Your body is just reacting to what life is for you right now ya know......the mantra, Keep the Faith. It means just eat clean zc. Let your body do the rest! Take that pressure off you girl now. You have done so well, now it is the bodies time to reset, re-group, heal and repair more and all you have to do is eat clean zc thru it
Hang in there on this one.

Nicco....what's doing! You out chillin' and relaxin' best ya can.

--------------off to store for more steaks. the store I hit had crap. got only 4 somewhat decent. So off to another store and 'see' what they got. shoot me.

I am hankering for crab. If they got even high priced crab legs I might bite the price bullet, screw it, grab 2 lbs for little ol' me. best pair that with a monster steak to make ME happy LOL
ugh.

nothing big doing. just cruisin' and doing all I gotta do that my life entails from the crap to the more crappy I don't wanna do HAHA eh, all good

be great all
  #329   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-23, 09:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all

Checking in as I didn't yesterday. We've had workmen in our home here in DE and it is distracting as hell. Still getting warranty work done. Yesterday there was drywall touch up being done, preceding painting to be done today.

Jaz your story about the room for that woman brought me to tears. What a wonderful heart you have for her and showing such compassion and effort to bring together a village to make it happen. I love it. Well done, friend.

Trig, crab and steak- yum!! I hope you find some good crab legs. I will want to stock up again using my rain check in a month or so- I need to check the expiration date on it, if any. By the time I do that a sale will be coming around not too far down the line!

Lori, bless you and your DH as well for the loving care and kindness that you all extend to Betty. I don't know if she realizes the effort or not but we all sure do!

Did the lawyer meeting happen re: Betty?

Life has been good here in DE. I had a lot of fun at Bunco on Weds night, and then last night was book club and that was good too. It's a nice group of women, pretty chill and everyone gets along well. The food served was not the best of choices for me but I just ate a bit and moved on. No biggie.

Tonight we have the appetizer part of the Progressive dinner- we are doing crab cake balls, and tomato and mozzarella skewers with a balsamic glaze. Simple and not too heavy as there are three more courses to go. Also peach Bellinis! I have no idea what the other three houses will serve up, but it is about the fellowship more than the food!

Letting any perfectionism go bc our house is lightly coated in white drywall and sanding dust. With the painting etc being done today, the house just will be what it is and that is just the way it goes.

Hugs to all!
  #330   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-23, 17:56

BF:

DONE FOR THE DAY!!!!

Nic
- where did you meet these people for book club and Bunko? You're the social butterfly for sure.

Oh and then the progressive dinner!?!?! Neighbors? Where did you meet these people? I know you had one earlier! LOVE your appetizers! I would be all over those drinks and crab balls! Do you MAKE those?

You just sound so happy. So happy for you!

Lori- I hear ya on care giving for Betty. It is not easy being a care giver. It also has a scary element to it as well! Hugs! Hope your nurse feels better soon to help you!

Grocery shopping URGHHHHHHH. At least it will be done for a few days.
I think having a plan or menu for the week is pretty helpful, but somedays that goes out the window and I grab a leftovers or just have eggs or chicken.

SPRING!!!!!

Trig
- I have some crabs legs in my freezer ready for a side of STEAK!!!! Oh yeah!

I am feeling good with teh WOE right now- just don't want "stuck. Trying to think about walking, taking more steps, just intentional moving. Not the work outs Lori does! HAHAHAH
----------------------------------------------------------

I am tired gals. Work was so busy- we are at full capacity. IT was rough.

I am going to chill- Pino Grigio with my name on it- and a lite one at that!

Oh...... this is for TRIG......... Busted up my hand today. It is in a wrap. Got home from work. Went to take out pup- he pulled me hard and I ran straight into the wooden fence door before it was all the way open and smashed my hand into the side of the door. I ripped off skin three knucklers and cut deeply between index finger and middle finger. Bled like a stuck pig. Hand is wrapped, can't use it. And it was my left hand- dominate hand. urghhhhhhhhhh

KLUTZ AWARD.
Closed Thread