Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-03-20, 12:40

Plan: South beach
Stats: 178/178/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Trying again

Returning....
I have tried diet after diet. I always fail. I am coming back to atkins for the flexibility. I feel so blobtastic and depressed right now. I lost some weight on keto, but i have gained some back...i was so strict. I just feel hopeless.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-03-20, 13:09

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Hi !! You have come to the right place. If u need refresher on Atkins Induction, see the Atkins section, the top sticky!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-20, 08:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hey there, Crazy Mojo.. You're not so very overweight! Don't beat yourself up. We all go up and down at times, depending on our bodies and what's going on in our lives.

I love the Atkins diet. Once I get going with it, it's so easy to stay motivated.. but it's really hard to get into the mindset initially.

What foods are you planning to buying to make things easier?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-20, 10:59

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Hey, you're back, that's all that matters.

Remember, it's not the rules of which diet you pick that matters most. What really leads to success is YOU figuring out what rules work for your body.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-20, 05:29

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy mojo
Returning....
I have tried diet after diet. I always fail. I am coming back to atkins for the flexibility. I feel so blobtastic and depressed right now. I lost some weight on keto, but i have gained some back...i was so strict. I just feel hopeless.

Sorry about the feeling of hopelessness. Been there, done that.
It is discouraging to follow the plan strictly and your body does not cooperate by dropping pounds.

All I can suggest is keep on keeping on. Whether you lose or gain, whether you stick to it constantly or fall off the wagon periodically, you know in your heart the low carb way is eating is better for you. Even if your body refuses to let go of its fat cells, you are healthier - which isn't visible.

Hang in there and know we will help as best we can to keep you motivated.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-20, 07:33

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Maybe you can start a journal and we can address the problem areas with suggestions. Lots of hicckups can and do occur. Someone here is sure to have an answer.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-20, 08:53

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 224/213/185 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Flunked Keto. Going to take a run at Atkins also.

Have being doing 20:4 incorporating KETO for about 3 weeks. Can't stand bulletproof coffee, etc.

I'm taking a day off of the intermittent fast to adjust and then will go back to the fast tomorrow and work on the Atkins rules to incorporate them as I can.

I'm 72 so do believe KETO was too much of a change for the old carcass. Did drop some pounds but some of the water weight already came back overnight even though I just made the decision at the end of yesterday.

Low carb forever now. Not weighing in for indefinite future. Hope that works out.

Cheers to you, Crazy Mojo. Wishing you luck and me too.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-11-20, 04:50

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidna

I'm 72 so do believe KETO was too much of a change for the old carcass. Did drop some pounds but some of the water weight already came back overnight even though I just made the decision at the end of yesterday.

I am 86+ and know how slow it is - it gets harder and slower with the years and the failures. But there really is no other alternative to stay healthy.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-14-20, 15:42

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

You can do this. Just keep your eyes on the prize
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-20, 03:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%

From one fellow 'blobtastic' individual to another, Hello! Well done for deciding to make the change and commit to a new WOE. All you can do is try your best and if you stick to the plan, you're bound to see some good results. Looking forward to hearing how you get on in your future posts!

Blue
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-16-20, 08:59

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 224/213/185 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks, Blue Velvet & Birddog

I'm sticking to it and progress is enough to make it worthwhile.

Looking at your blog, Blue. It's great!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-16-20, 11:54
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidna
I'm sticking to it and progress is enough to make it worthwhile.

Looking at your blog, Blue. It's great!

Very kind of you to say so Lidna, thank you! I'm still finding my feet with the control panel and figuring out how to put videos and images in the right places, but I'm getting there. Got a bunch of ideas for future posts that don't just revolve around my own food intake and weight loss stats (because that'll just get real boring) so I really appreciate that you took some time out of your day to read it!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-20, 09:34

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 208/198/145 Female 62
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 16%

Ditto! Crazy Mojo, I'm back after 10 plus years of focusing on job, family and everything but myself, I was pretty healthy back then. Recently I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and diabetes, low thyroid, bone loss and lots of arthritis. Almost 60 now and its showing. I am going to try losing the weight and getting healthy 1 last time for myself. It's going to be a struggle for sure, you can't get any good weight loss drugs, appetite suppressants, anymore and willpower was always my biggest problem. You just have to give yourself a cheat day now and then and not beat yourself up if you fall off the diet. Tomorrow is always a new beginning. Good Luck! [COLOR=Magenta] *Now I just need to change my stats again, ugh.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-21-20, 06:04
Registered Member

BF:
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen44
you can't get any good weight loss drugs, appetite suppressants, anymore and willpower was always my biggest problem.

There really are no good weight-loss drugs. Anything that causes your heart rate to speed up and your body temperature to rise unnaturally are not only detrimental to your health, but won't fix your eating habits in the long-run. Anything that makes you jitter from amphetamine or have heart murmurs or gives you diarrhoea is not "good".

Low cal/low fat/high carb diets are metabolically destructive, but at least with low-carb, if you follow it properly for the first couple of weeks (Atkins induction) you only need to have "willpower" for those first few days until your body slips into ketosis. After that, appetite will decrease and you'll find it naturally easier to stay on plan. No more empty stomach growling, plummeting/rising blood sugar making you feel faint and causing cravings. If you do it properly, it WILL make things easier on you.

But PLEASE don't try and go down the route of using diet pills. They're not good for you and they won't give you the results you want long-term. In fact, there's more of a chance that they'll mess you up metabolically, so bad, that your body just refuses to cooperate on ANY weight loss plan you then start to follow. Not to mention the subsequent heart problems they cause. Going low-carb will make your body healthier and happier. Pills could very well make you ill, or at worse prove fatal. Just make good informed choices, stick to a plan and you will be healthier for it.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-20, 14:33
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I hope you are still out there and on your plan. If not, restart again.

I am starting off again. Today is first day back and my head hurts and I want to sleep but I keep getting up to go to the washroom (drinking lots of water). And I feel so hungry for stuff that I can't have.