Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-11, 09:14
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Boursin Scrambled Eggs

This sure was a delightful discovery this morning. It is pictured here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2011/0...scrambled-eggs/

BOURSIN SCRAMBLED EGGS:

I keep Boursin “Garlic and Herbs” cheese in the door of my refrigerator and am finding lots of interesting things to try it in. I find it way too heavy all by itself or as a dip/spread. But am really starting to like it in small amounts in a variety of odd places. This morning’s eggs is yet another example. Very tasty and not the usual frowns and winces from my husband who like plain eggs best. So I thought I’d share this induction friendly recipe with everyone. I’m going to try the “Chive and Onion” Boursin in eggs next time!

INGREDIENTS:

2 T. butter, unsalted
4 large eggs, beaten
1˝ tsp.Boursin cheese, (I used Garlic and Herb flavor)
2 T. parsley, chopped

DIRECTIONS: Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add Boursin cheese and stir to dissolve. Cheese will look like it’s curdling, but don’t worry, not a problem. Add all the parsley but 1 tsp. reserved for garnish. After 1 minutes, add beaten eggs and cook until done. Serve with granish of remaining parsley.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 2 servings, each contains:

262 calories
23 g fat
1.2 g carbs, .15 g fiber, 1.05 g NET CARBS
13.1 g protein
165 mg sodium

55% RDA Vitamin B12, 10% B6, 12% copper, 26% iron, 28% phosphorous, 45% riboflavin, 58% selenium, 15% zinc and 162 mg potassium
Sponsored Links