Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 01:03
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 118/118/104 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Default any girls who are losing weight for a guy?hey

hey guys! i noe its wrong, but theres this guy i really really like and when he stared going out with someone i thought for some reason that maybe if i wasnt chubby he wouldve likes me, because we talked a lot and i sat next to him in some classes. now that im determined to lose weight, i feel bad because i am mostly only losing the weight because i like him so much. anyone else out there who feels like that?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 01:24

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

Im no girl ( ), but I have to admit I initially started to lose weight partly because of a guy I had a thing for at the time. I quickly forgot about them, and I started doing it for myself. Hopefully you will to because it can be a very unhealthy way of thinking. Sorry just coming from experience from a person that has struggled with eating disorders that were triggered by similar things in my past. HTH.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 01:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/226.5/190 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 55%

I'm not losing to IMPRESS a guy... I am trying to lose because I had gained almost 40lbs since the last time I saw my boyfriend in October (he lives in GA)... I dont want to feel horrible when he is here (exspecially since it's been SOOO long). I just want to look at least the same as I did when he left, lol.

Even though I know he wouldn't care
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 15:24

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

That's the wrong path to be going down. It's cheesy, but believe me, you would much rather like to have a guy who loves they way you are right now. Any jerk that is gonna date a girl because she lose a few lbs doesn't even deserve a second look. Not to mention people have their preferences, would you go out and get a nosejob, boobjob, gain forty lbs in order to get a guy to like you? Doubt it. Looks are important but they aren't everything, the relations based on them are generally pretty pethetic and shallow.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 16:19

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 149/147/133 Female 5ft2
BF:dont know/32%/25%
Progress: 13%

for your height your at 118 lbs is certainly not chubby.if any boy thinks that you are hes wrong and you need not lose weight quickly at any stand point.it is not good for your health.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 16:20

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Please be smart about your weight and don't function on someone else's approval!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 17:53
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 118/118/104 Female 62
BF:
Progress:

oh there is no way i would lose too much weight or do anything stupid for a guy bc i dont care that much...i want to lose a few pounds anyway, not just for him, i was just in a bad mood when i wrote that. sorry! and thanks! i
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 23:41

Plan: The Total Health Plan.
Stats: 137.5/122.5/112.5 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress:

i have to admit tht one of the reasons i want to lose weight is to get more attention from guys,but guys who are ONLY interested in how u look should just be kicked to the curb :]
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-05, 09:32
Registered Member

Stats: 300/300/235 Male 6' 6"
BF:34.7

well....I'm an 18yo man and I'm engaged so....no need for that! lol....I guess I am kind-of losing for the oposite sex though, maybe if I feel better about my image it would be easier to get along with my fiancee...it feels like its fight after fight...koodos to all you singal people! lol
I workout everyday too though so...it's more than just weight loss to me.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-05, 10:38
Registered Member

Stats: 332/308/180 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 16%

If a guy wasn't interested in me because of my weight, he can feel free to do something to himself that's probably anatomically impossible.

Like me or leave me. If you hit the door, you weren't the right guy for me anyway.

Just some thoughts from an older person.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-05, 13:52
Registered Member

Stats: 300/300/235 Male 6' 6"
BF:34.7

I love what Kris S said....thats great!!! I agree, men can be jerks...I know...I am one (a guy that is...)
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-27-05, 17:43
Registered Member

Stats: 170/136/125 Female 5'4"
BF:29%/24%/21%
Progress: 76%

When I was younger, I used to diet to impress this guy I had a thing for. It was stupid really. Yes, he was only interested in the girls who were ridiculously thin, and I liked him, and I thought he was worth it.

Right! Any guy that is worthy of me will accept me how I am. That guy was a jerk. I was just too smitten to realize it. I have a great guy now who loves me just how I am, and is proud of how I'm losing weight for myself.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 00:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 145/131/128 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 82%

If losing weight makes you feel more confident, then go for it. Trust me, being happy with yourself radiates a lot more attractiveness (to the "good" guys) than a couple of pounds of weight loss.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 08:05

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris S
If a guy wasn't interested in me because of my weight, he can feel free to do something to himself that's probably anatomically impossible.

Like me or leave me. If you hit the door, you weren't the right guy for me anyway.

Just some thoughts from an older person.

Kris, I've had the same attitude since high school but more along the lines of, "What you see is what you get. If you don't like what you see, get steppin".

On a more serious note, people are attracted to each other for a whole range of reasons, appearance only being one, and not everyone in the world is going to fall in love with you no matter how good you look.
Trust me, the wrapping on the package is a lot less important than what's inside.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 09:24
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

I have to agree with Kris and Lisa. I think it has to do with age, wisdom and maturity. As you go thru life I would hope that you reach an age of wisdom where you realize that it really isn't about the "fat". If a man (or whoever) is unable to accept you at that moment as you are--what makes you think that he will be more accepting if you are thin (?) and the more important question--why would you want someone so superficial as to only accept you when you are "thin". Not the kind of person I want to be in a relationship with when the tough gets going.

I love being in my forties--I don't even give that kind of stuff a second thought.

Lose the weight for you and for the right reasons, not for a "guy" (or gal).

Lisa