Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 01:40
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default My Keeping-On-Track Exercise Journal

Ok, the plan is to do at least 1/2hr exercise every day and stay with it.

Starting date - today! Sun 26/3/6.

Did 15mins walking, 1hr Body Pump then 15mins walking back. Then about 3hrs walking around shopping centre until feet hurt.

e
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 00:15
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

No exercise today. It's my day off work and I'm soooo sore from the gym yesterday. I've just started going to the gym without creatine so I keep feeling so disappointed that I can't do what I used to and now it's taking longer to recover. Urgh. Maybe this is the way, maybe it isn't.

e

P.S. Will try to take a walk to the supermarket and back today to at least get moving a bit.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 06:38
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Went to the gym tonight! Woohooo! I totally didn't expect to go, especially considering I take ages to sit down bc my legs are so sore from yesterday. But, went anyway! Did about 50mins of cardio.

e
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 02:31
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Seems I forgot to update for yesterday! Did about 45mins cardio - treadmill, cross trainer, rower then treadmill. Had to DRAG myself through the 10mins on the cross trainer urgh.. felt like I was gonna die!!

Today, same as about about 50mins. Did 20mins on the cross trainer though - much happier. I'm sure the crosstrainer burns way more fat

e
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 04:58
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Did about 1/2hr of cross trainer and treadmill (combined time) then an hour of pilates class. Had fun, worked up a bit of a sweat but didn't wear myself out.

It's time for weights tomorrow! Haven't done them since Sun and I think all the cardio, while doable, slowed my recovery and I'm only just able to consider doing weights again now - Thurs! hahahaha

e
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 01:44
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Did weights today! About 1/2hr or so then about 40mins cardio afterwards. Then went for a walk to the grocery shop and carried that all the way back home. Better see a decrease in cms come Wed

e
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 21:15
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Did a bit over an hour of cardio today - treadmill 10mins, cross trainer 25mins, rower 12mins and treadmill 15mins.

I've unofficially decided this is going to be my weekly plan for at least the next 8 weeks (my leaving date for o/s):

Mon: weights prog
Tues: cardio
Wed: weights prog / fat burner class (my either/or day)
Thurs: cross trainer then pilates
Fri: weights prog
Sat: cardio
Sun: body pump class (cross trainer first if I have time)

If it starts getting me down a bit and I feel I'm overdoing it, I'll just do a bit more cardio and less weights until my body adjusts. I'm looking forward to it!

e
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 10:42

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsheets
Hi Demi,

Great work on the activity!

How long does the 3mile power walk talk you?

e

Hi Erica, thanks for dropping by my gym log and for your comments!

The 3 mile power walk usually takes me about 40 minutes. I try to aim for an average pace between 4-4.5mph.

Looks like you've got a great workout programme going there too It's also nice to see another lady using weights Why don't you come and join us in the Weight Training Buddies (Babes ) thread? If you've haven't seen it, you can find the thread here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...93&page=1&pp=15
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 04:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/145.5/140 Male 66 in
BF:11
Progress: 87%

Erica:

Thanks for stopping by my gym log. Russell is a 26 yr old who joined our local bike club and was a frequent rider. He claimed to be going to school on his Air Force benefits, and cleaned our bikes ("detailed" them) for extra cash. When his wife and he had some relationship trouble, he shot her.
Come by my log anytime!

Bruce
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 00:50
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Wow I didn't even realise there were comments in here! lol ... I haven't checked it in well over a year hehehe... thanks guys!

Demi, you know I could do 3miles in 40mins! I wonder what walking speed I'd need... we use metric system here so I walk around 5-6kph. I did have a good programme going ... actually I might go reread it. Totally forgotten what I was doing!

Right now I'm cycling, say, a weight-based week then a cardio-based week. I find cardio way more enjoyable but I know weights are important too.

I haven't seen that thread, Demi. Might go check it out now

Bruce, thanks for stopping by too Wow, I'm speechless after reading about that guy that joined your local bike club. Absolutely speechless. How did you guys handle all that??????

e
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 11:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/145.5/140 Male 66 in
BF:11
Progress: 87%

>>>>Me well I don't even have a bike yet. They only have a 6-week lay-buy policy at the bike shop I enquired at and it's just a bit much for me to do in 6 weeks. And not starting of course means I procrastinate etc etc. I also have NO IDEA what kind to buy and am always sceptical of sales people's opinions (can't help it).<<<

There is an active forum at Team Estrogen, where you can read gals opinions on all matters related to being female and biking. Bike Journal dot com also has lots of threads on topics you might like. I have several Aussie biking pals on BikeJournal.
The LBS (local Bike shop) should be decent as far as advice goes. The #1 thing is get a bike that FITS you. Don't buy a race bike because Lance looks good on one at the Tour De France. Get one that suits your idea of a good day on a bike. My avatar pic is of a Brevet style bike. well balanced, comfortable, goes all day, but a bit slower than a carbon-titanium race machine. In fact it has zero carbon and zero titanium. It does have steel and aluminum parts. Drop me a note on it if you like when you're readier to talk about getting a bicycle.

B
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 07:25
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

OK! I'm going to start this exercise journal back up again. Why? Cos I have enveloped my entry into the Body Blitz Challenge http://www.sportzblitz.net/body-bli...llenge-comp.php

I'm going to see if I can combine this detox thingy I'm doing with developing some good lean muscle and maybe even win some prizes in the mean time heheh

e
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 07:44
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Penny Mackinnon's Exercise regimen:

Monday-to-Friday: One-hour cardio session before breakfast (cross-trainer, treadmill, stationary bike and rower).
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday afternoon: One hour of resistance training – alternating upper and lower body workouts with each session.

http://www.sportzblitz.net/body-bli...-grandchamp.php

Jenny Kozuharoff's exercise regimen:

Month 1: One hour walk each day plus weights, alternating between chest/shoulders/triceps, back/biceps/abs and upper leg/lower leg/glutes.

Month 2: Increased reps on weight programs, plus daily interval jogging and 30 minutes on the bike

Month 3: Continued daily weights, plus 20 minutes fast running/40 minutes fast walking and three minutes skipping each day. Swimming 30 minutes once a week.

Stacey Fuller's exercise regimen:

Monday
AM: 60 minutes cardio
PM: Upper body weights and abs
Tuesday
AM: Lower body weights and abs
PM: Body Combat class

Wednesday
PM: Upper body weights and abs

Thursday
PM: Lower body weights and abs

Friday
AM: 60 minutes cardio and abs
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 08:50

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

The challenge you're about to do looks very interesting ... and very similar to a Body for Life challenge.

Good luck with it. I shall enjoy watching your progress
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-07, 00:55
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
The challenge you're about to do looks very interesting ... and very similar to a Body for Life challenge.

Good luck with it. I shall enjoy watching your progress

Hi Demi,

Thanks for the support

I posted three different (yet similar hehe) women's exercise regimens. Which one do you like the look of the most? The first one I listed, Penny's, is so far my fav purely because I loved the results she got with it.

I don't know much about Body for Life really. Actually I don't know anything! Except I believe they incorporate one gorge day a week ... though that may not be true either??

e

Last edited by bsheets : Fri, Aug-03-07 at 01:07.