Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 16:23

Plan: modified LC carb cycling
Stats: 182/148/125 Female 5"6
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default $5.95 for LC tortillas at Riverside in Whitehorse

Hi Yukoners

Just to let you know that I bought La Tortilla Factory LC tortillas from Riverside Grocery today for $5.95! Not bad huh?

I also bought LC peanut sauce and LC Thai sweet pepper sauce.

Tonight I'm making thai tofu in coconut milk with ginger and red curry paste. Served on top of LC pasta with the hot sauce on the side.

Riverside told me they can't keep products in stock. I'm just happy to be able to go into a store and buy what I want.

I'm making Ferdanands bread with bread mix right now. Yum!

Maggie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 17:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/126/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

My tortillas should be in soon as well. I have many people waiting for them. I just hope Riverside doesn't put me out of business. Their prices tend to be much higher so that will work in my favour. I think I am also carrying a bigger variety of products than they are.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 18:04

BF:

Hi Jennifer

They did say they had lots of demand, so please try not to worry. I think there's room here for everyone. I do appreciate that you have started up a business with this and really think you'll do well.

I like to see LC products available to the general public in our stores. I'd like to see the new Super Store carry stuff. I would like to be able to go in and 'look at' and select from a variety of stuff, or ask my husband to stop and pick me up something.

I know you're worried about competition, I don't blame you. I think with enough marketing, you'll do fine, especially since Riverside tends to be sooo expensive.

Take care

Maggie
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 18:11

BF:

Yes, you are right, there is enough room for everyone. I am thinking of holding a 'tasting' party. Any thoughts on that?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 18:30

BF:

Jennifer, I think that's a great idea.

I posted here about doing a Yukon LC Christmas party. You could feature your products and I bet you would get lots of orders.

I just bought a food dehyrator from a woman that sells them out of her home. Most of her business is word of mouth. She also advertizes in the personals.

I sometimes advertize my business in the professional column of the Yukon News. It's $15 per week. Check it out, if that's not your cup of tea, you could advertize once per week, say Friday in another part of the paper.

I think it would make great sense for you to have a web site. I did my own and feature all my business services on it. That way, when I hand out a business card, a potential client can check my site to see what I'm all about. I have a signature on my email as well that says who I am and what I do.

If you want some tips on how to do your own website, I think you have my private email address, feel free to email me. There's a link on there to my web site so you can see what I did with it. You could go so far as to give customers the option of ordering and paying online with Paypal. Do you have a digital camera? Pictures of your products would be great.

You could get clients by doing a monthly newsletter and starting a mailing list....I do this and built a client base that way.

Ok, I'll stop now, I'm sure you get what I'm saying about the marketing...

Maggie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 22:34

BF:

Thanks for the ideas. I pm'd you.

I will probably set up a 'tasting' party within the next few weeks and will let you know where and when.